Looking For Family Friendly Hotel - Sukhumvit

Aussietraveller

Hi All,

I will be in Bangkok with the Family in a few months and am looking for a family friendly hotel/Serviced apartment on Sukhumvit Rd.

I will be travelling with my wife and 2 small kids.

Can anyone recommend a Serviced apartment or Hotel?

2 bedroom apartment would be great.

It is only for 3 - 4 days when we arrive and the same before we leave, so not looking for a long term option.

price preferably 3000 - 6000 THB/night

Thanks in advance.

Try googling the following serviced apartments, all are located in Sukhumvit:-

- Citadines in Sukhumvit Soi 23 and Soi 16 (Asok BTS), Soi 11 and Soi 8 (Nana BTS)

- Fraser Suites in Soi 11 (Nana BTS)

- President Park in Soi 11

- Adelphi Suites in Soi 8 (Nana BTS)

- Emporium Suites (Phrom Phong BTS) (the prices quoted on asiarooms.com for Emporium Suites offer good value)

- Admiral Premier Suites (Asok & Phrom Phong BTS)

- Grand Mercure Asok Residence in Soi 19 (Asok BTS)

Edited by mark5335

Since you are traveling with two kids, something around the Phrom Phung area (Between Suk. 20 to 26 on the even side, 29 to 41 odd side) would be very suitable.

There is a large and very nice public park (Benjasri Park) next to the Emporium that has several children's play areas as well as a lovely pond and many public music and dance events. The kids and your wife will love it.

A couple of year back, my wife and I stayed in bangkok with her sister and daughter. We stayed in the Federal Hotel, on soi 11. Cheap and cheerful, but clean and convenient. Very small hotel, nice pool area, 24 hour room service and good tv and cheap. If you're looking for luxury though this is not the place :)

More recently we stayed at the Amari on Soi 5 (Amari Boulevard), my wife and (, plus our daughter, and my mtoher. We were able to get joining rooms i.e. two standard rooms with a locakable door joining in the middle. Nice fmily friendly place, right next to the sky train and a great 24 hour shop straight across the road. I would advise looking on Amari.com for special offers etc.

I can highly recommend President Park Serviced apartments on Sukhimvit soi 24. For around Bht 4500 you get a very nice 2 bedroom suite with a fully contained kitchen including a clothes washing and drying machine, three swimming pools, chidrens playground, bbq area and really great service.

I can highly recommend President Park Serviced apartments on Sukhimvit soi 24. For around Bht 4500 you get a very nice 2 bedroom suite with a fully contained kitchen including a clothes washing and drying machine, three swimming pools, chidrens playground, bbq area and really great service.

marriott executive apartments, sukh 26. you get valuable marriott reward points, too, which you'll be able to use toward free vacations etc. i think the long stay rate is something like 2600 thb/nt.

fraser suites is alright, as well.

m

All these places are good but with 2 kids i would value the location. Most of the places are on "sukhumvit" but in reality they are deep inside the sois. Take president park as example, it is in Rama IV and quite far from Sukhumvit.

Emporium suites is right next to sky train and some of the others as well are within easy walk from the train. You appreciate that if you have two small kids in tow.