Looking For Someone Who Can Teach Me English Speaking

ailadear

I'm Thai who want to improve my speaking skill (in English)

So i'm looking for a native speaker (English or American) to teach me English speaking one-on-one in my free time. (on Saturday)

Focus on general communications and Academic English.

Need someone who already has experience in teaching (in the school, language institute or university)

If you know someone or you yourself who can help me can please feel free to contact me.

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum. I have edited out the email address. These are not permitted in the open forum. If posters want to contact you, they can use the PM (Private Message) function.

I have also deleted one post. Criticism of grammar and writing skills is not welcomed here. It's not welcome when remarks are made to native speakers. It's most definitely not going to be tolerated with a non-native speaker who is requesting help with speaking.

It's off-topic and will result in warnings.

Hopefully, some of our more helpful members will be along to assist you. And again, in what part of Bangkok do you live?

(Amend that: 2 post deleted).

Thank you very much for your kind answer "Scott"

Someone I know at my office (He's an English) suggest me about this webboard.

And I don't know much about the rules in the webboard.

Anyway, about the speaking lesson.

I stay around Rachadapisek road.

But i think it would be nice to study in the public place like in the cafe around Asoke

The price rate per hour around 300 - 400 bath are acceptable for me.

Thank you very much for your kind answer "Scott"

Someone I know at my office (He's an English) suggest me about this webboard.

And I don't know much about the rules in the webboard.

Anyway, about the speaking lesson.

I stay around Rachadapisek road.

But i think it would be nice to study in the public place like in the cafe around Asoke

The price rate per hour around 300 - 400 bath are acceptable for me.

That is too much. Around 200 for a one on one should be enough.

Edited by Tanaka

I post deleted and a warning given. How ever much you valuable yourself and your services is your business. The OP has made an offer; if your interested then PM him. If not, then then don't knock those that do.

Dear Mod

A teaching forum that tolerates bad grammar and vocabulary from a native speaker!

I would have expected that attitude on a general forum but surely the expectations here are set somewhat higher? :)

Especially considering that most of the contributers/readers have an interest/involvement in teaching English.

Dear Mod

A teaching forum that tolerates bad grammar and vocabulary from a native speaker!

I would have expected that attitude on a general forum but surely the expectations here are set somewhat higher? :D

Especially considering that most of the contributers/readers have an interest/involvement in teaching English.

Wow, criticizing a native speaker in his own country for wanting to learn a foreign language. You are certainly not the inspiring teacher type he is looking for! Try again when you remove that stick from your -rse!!! :)

The original poster is not a native speaker. He is Thai.

Where I work, this morning I've had meetings with 5 teachers who are not native speakers. This includes: 3 Chinese language teachers, 1 Japanese teacher, 1 Indian national who teaches Physics, and 1 Filipino teacher. Several of the teachers, including the Chinese and the Japanese teacher are bilingual (Thai and the language taught), their English is OK, but if they write something, it requires a little re-wording.

They are foreign nationals, with a foreign contract. Should they not be allowed to post on this forum?

A nearby school also teaches additional languages--French, German and Spanish (if I remember correctly). They employ 'native' speakers as well.

The majority, but far from all, teachers on this forum are teaching English. English is usually the medium of instruction. It is also an internet forum where people are subject to time constraints in posting, typos (or as some like to call them spelling mistakes) and grammar errors.

One of the rules of the forum is not discussing moderation, so I am asking people to exercise care on this subject. Questions about who posts and why are welcomed, but questions about moderation of the forum should be sent by PM to a moderator for further discussion.

Thanks.