Pu Chi Fa

husseinfatal

Hey guys sorry i have been trying to search this out on the forum but seem to be having trouble getting any results, so apologies if this has been asked already.

I am heading up to Chiang Rai next week for a few days and want to visit Pu Chi Fa. Im not sure yet if i will take my 125cc, or public transport. Has anyone been up to Pu Chi Fa that could reccomend a good way of doing it to include accommodation etc? My budget is ok not looking to slum it but nothing over 1000 baht a night if possible. Been to Chiang Rai before but only on a quick visit and only went to the white temple.

Any tips on looking around Chiang Rai to include Pu Chi Fa would be great! Would taking my bike be the best way? Not that im lazy just want to sit back sometimes and let other people do the driving! :)

Did it a year ago on motorbikes with buddy from chiang rai...it is a hel_l of a trip. Incredible scenery. Sorry but really don't remember how long it took but bottom line is we left CR in a.m. and ended up in Chiang Kong at sunset. Got lost as could be and loved every minute. The top of the top of the mountain is pu chi fai as far as i could tell. Very remote, very exoic. We stayed the night in chiang kong in a very pleasant spot on the mae kong in 400 nt baht nice rooms....great trip.

Definately do it on your 125cc. Much better to take in the scenery on a motorbike . Lots of Hut type accomodation near Pu chi Fa itself and then lots of accomodation in Chiang Khong. or You could do a loop back to Chiang Rai in one day. Its very well sign posted. you can't really go wrong and not really as remote as suggested.