The Guys And Gals

doppa

Doppa wrote :

...can't be beat for a tasty thai massage, only walked out today with 8 bruises, cheap at half the price

Sawasdee Khrup, TV CM Friends,

Khun Doppa is referring to the place he may have heard about from us, and we reply hoping to correct any possible negative impression his terse comment may create that the place is necessarily "bruising," or not of the best quality.

You can have hard or soft massage there, as you wish.

The people working at that place are, we consider, friends, and they are as nice a group of hard-working and honest Thai people as we've met. The environment is clean, and tastefully designed; it's less noisy than you might expect, given it is in Airport Plaza.

Here's what we wrote in a PM to Khun Doppa some time ago : in the context of his public request here on TV for "deep massage" :

"At Airport Plaza, on the first floor, in the rear, in the area they call the "Old Lanna Pavillion," is a place for nuwat boran (traditional Thai massage) called Ban Burapha.

089-266-9272

They charge two-hundred baht per hour; your choice of foot/leg massage in a big reclining chair or they have a kind of partioned off area where you can lay down on a mattress while getting worked on.

There are two male masseurs there. My favorite is Khun Somlit : he's about fifty-three years old, amazingly strong, and just a wonderful human being. I regard him as an absolute master of deep Thai massage and if you want "deep," he'll go there.

In the last three years I must have seen Khun Somlit over thirty times (during my cancer I'm convinced he made as much a contribution to my mental and physical health as anything else).

The other male masseur, Khun Chai, is also very good.

They also have an older lady, Khun Om-Am, who gives a very ... I would call it a ... "soft nurturant" massage. A friend from America who was here last year spoke very highly of the very strong massage he got from a younger woman there named, I think, Khun Pen."

~o:37;

Edited by orang37

in fact, i see khun sommitt s often as possible, today he was busy , nevertheless the massage was as good by one of his co workers, my original post was supposed to be a positive, i luv it, as someone once said.