Hotels In Bangkok

philinuk

hi can any one help me iam going to bangkok in july for 20 nights, can you tell me any hotels in Sukhumvit Area that do not charge extra to take guest back to my room.i will be alone and willing to book a double room.but i have heard lots about people being stopped by securety and hotel asking for money to take a girl back to room.so can any1 help me by sending list of hotels were this does not happan.i know they are use to seeing this happan but i woul feel so embassrest to be stop and girl stopped to show id and pay extra to take her back to room hope theres some1 can help kind regards phil

Phil: Hope you have an enjoyable July visit to Thailand and see more of the country than just Bangkok.

ThaiVisa's travel section provides a comprehensive list of hotels in Bangkok. Click here to see the list.

My personal choice is the Dynasty Inn on Soi Sukhumvit 4. Their current rate is 1090 baht ($US27, 15 English pounds) per night. You can probably get a much better rate if you stay for a few days or more. Another tip: visit a travel agent in England who has been to Thailand recently and listen to their advice.

If you check in with a Thai partner (male or female) they will be asked to show their Thai ID card. The same procedure applies to most hotels, even here in Australia, where all guests have to fill in a hotel registration card.

If you bring a casual Thai friend back for the night, the hotel will keep your friend's ID card at hotel Reception while they are with you in your room. This is both for your own safety and that of the hotel. Do not be embarrassed by this.

Unless you are coming to Thailand for business reasons, 20 days in Bangkok is 18 days too long. By all means visit some of the other 'tourist' areas of Thailand, but also try and make the time to see the 'real' Thailand - the countryside.

I couldn't say I have seen England if I just visited London.

Hope this helps a bit and hope you enjoy your stay and visit again often.

Peter

Edited by peter991

Do it right check into the nana hotel :o

quote=peter991,2005-05-03 08:08:51]

Phil: Hope you have an enjoyable July visit to Thailand and see more of the country than just Bangkok.

ThaiVisa's travel section provides a comprehensive list of hotels in Bangkok. Click here to see the list.

My personal choice is the Dynasty Inn on Soi Sukhumvit 4. Their current rate is 1090 baht ($US27, 15 English pounds) per night. You can probably get a much better rate if you stay for a few days or more. Another tip: visit a travel agent in England who has been to Thailand recently and listen to their advice.

If you check in with a Thai partner (male or female) they will be asked to show their Thai ID card. The same procedure applies to most hotels, even here in Australia, where all guests have to fill in a hotel registration card.

If you bring a casual Thai friend back for the night, the hotel will keep your friend's ID card at hotel Reception while they are with you in your room. This is both for your own safety and that of the hotel. Do not be embarrassed by this.

Unless you are coming to Thailand for business reasons, 20 days in Bangkok is 18 days too long. By all means visit some of the other 'tourist' areas of Thailand, but also try and make the time to see the 'real' Thailand - the countryside.

I couldn't say I have seen England if I just visited London.

Hope this helps a bit and hope you enjoy your stay and visit again often.

Peter