Cheapest Way To Get Money From Uk To Thailand?

Need to get a few hundred pounds from my HSBC account in the UK. Is the best way by bank transfer or by ATM withdrawal? (Unfortunately I don't have a Nationwide account for free overseas ATM transactions but I do have a Bangkok Bank account.) Thanks for any advice.

Do you have internet banking?

If so, a SWIFT transfer can be made easily and with the additional benefit of obtaining the business rate of exchange.

Edit:

I have made a transfer from my Natwest ibanking account in Jersey this morning.

The charge was ₤15 from Natwest and a maximum charge of 500 Baht by the Bangkok Bank.

Edited by Jonathanpattaya

Western Union is a bit expensive, but their rates are good. Otherwise I would think the cheapest is a standard bank transfer, easy to do, but will take at least 48 hours.

Yes western union! fast and no problem! and their rate like 51 baht rate isnt so different with bank! it costs like 9 sterling to send 100 sterling. SWIFT have to wait for a week!

Found this recently, but not tried it out.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/cont...mpaignid=PT5207

Although the transfers are free they make their money giving you a lousy exchange rate - beware!

That's <deleted>

I have always got a good exchange rate with Nationwide.

totster :D

Not as much <deleted> as talking about the Nationwide, when the link supplied was about the POST OFFICE, and its money transfer service, though :)

chip73..

re .... i don't have a Nationwide account for free overseas ATM transactions

they are not free anymore !

in september 09 the thai military bank in chiang mai hit me with a 200 baht ( not 150 baht ) overseas visa transfer charge for the first time ever for bringing in about seven thousand quid with my nationwide debit card !

thats two meals ive lost : (

dave2