Club Sandwiches: The Best And The Worst

Oneman

It was an American invention.......

Probably the thing I miss most about the US.

Sounds about right! Hilarious :)

I thought it was more likely the beer marinated 20 Oz T-Bone steak with grilled onions, mushrooms topped with maine lobster tail?

and keep the taties!

ah' well - then....

It was an American invention.......

Probably the thing I miss most about the US.

Sounds about right! Hilarious :)

I thought it was more likely the beer marinated 20 Oz T-Bone steak with grilled onions, mushrooms topped with maine lobster tail?

and keep the taties!

ah' well - then....

Now that's worth missing !

Aussies love fish and chips, meat pies, crisps and lots of other junk. They don't need any help poisoning themselves. :)

Um fish and chips is as english as hot dogs are American. Meat pies yes aussie nothing beats a nice lean chunky beef and mushroom pie. Crisps well as an aussie I am not sure what these are/ What is a crisps???? Yes we love sea food being surrounded by water seafood is a typical diet.

Yes all those American fast food giants like Hungry Jacks, KFC and Mcdonalds springing up everywhere doesn't help things. Aussies being slowly poisoned by the yanks. American food is digusting and tastes foul. Thai food wins hands down

I guess we have all made the mistake of writing some truly idiotic things. moetownblues, join the club.

I don't know how it is idiotic, I am simply saying that I do not like American food. I love thai, chinese, lebonese, russian and many other foods but American food of hotdogs, deep fried chicken and hamburgers is disgusting. So if simply not liking the traditional dishes of another country makes me an idiot then I guess I am. If Americans get offended that I don't like thier food who gives a you know what.

Yes all those American fast food giants like Hungry Jacks, KFC and Mcdonalds springing up everywhere doesn't help things. Aussies being slowly poisoned by the yanks. American food is digusting and tastes foul. Thai food wins hands down

if you really don't like the Americans for their food or if you feel they are too obese or for whatever reason, go tell it straight to their faces. no need to let it all out on a forum.

It's not that I don't like Americans for thier food, It is that I do not like American food. Two very different subjects.

Only an imbecile thinks that all Americans eat is fried chicken and hamburgers. We have a great cuisine with all kinds of foods and all kinds of infuences and dishes are prepared differently all over the country, but you are right, we could care less what loud-mouthed "idiots" - that do not have a clue - think. :)

50. Blackened redfish (thank you, Paul Prudhomme)

49. Root beer float

48. Pimiento cheese sandwich

47. Scrapple (although I’m not particularly fond of this, many, many Americans swear by it)

46. Frito pie (I’m particularly fond of this staple from my childhood)

45. Bundt cakes (any flavor, sour cream coffee cake is the most popular)

44. Green goddess dressing (over any kind of lettuce, perhaps romaine is traditional)

43. Chicken & dumplings

42. Maryland crab cakes

41. Whoopie pie (yippee!)

40. Jambalaya

39. Cioppino (San Francisco would be hurt if I left them out, they’re sensitive that way)

38. Shoofly pie

37. Iceberg wedge with blue cheese dressing

36. Pecan sticky buns

35. Denver Omelet

34. Peach cobbler

33. New England clam chowder

32. Buttermilk pancakes

31. Brunswick stew

30. Philly cheesesteak

29. Chicken fried steak with cream gravy (don’t forget the biscuits)

28. Fried rice (of course we fry the rice, we’ll fry anything)

27. The Po’boy (oyster, shrimp or even roast beef for purists)

26. Shrimp & grits (I personally like the New Orleans style but the South Carolina version rocks, too)

25. Brown Betty

24. Cedar-planked salmon (Seriously? Only one Northwestern dish? I need to go to Portland)

23. Cobb salad

22. Meatloaf

21. King Ranch chicken casserole

20. Kansas City spareribs (notice I didn’t say BBQ — remember, I’m from Texas and we think we invented BBQ)

19. Succotash

18. Fried catfish

17. Soft shell crabs, fried of course

16. Black-eyed peas

15. Seafood gumbo

14.Wisconsin cheese soup

13. Collard greens (or mustard greens)

12. Grilled cheese (fancy schmancy or plain)

11. Mashed potatoes

10. Chicken pot pie

9. Bowl of chili (red, green, white or even Cincinnati-style with spaghetti)

8. Steamed Maine lobster

7. Chimichanga (yes, it was invented north of the border, although who was first is still in dispute)

6. Chocolate chip cookies

5. Mac & cheese

4. Shrimp cocktail

3. Southern fried chicken

2. Texas BBQ beef brisket

1. Turkey & dressing

Only an imbecile thinks that all Americans eat is fried chicken and hamburgers. We have a great cuisine with all kinds of foods and all kinds of infuences and dishes are prepared differently all over the country, but you are right, we could care less what loud-mouthed "idiots" - that do not have a clue - think. :)

50. Blackened redfish (thank you, Paul Prudhomme)

49. Root beer float

48. Pimiento cheese sandwich

47. Scrapple (although I'm not particularly fond of this, many, many Americans swear by it)

46. Frito pie (I'm particularly fond of this staple from my childhood)

45. Bundt cakes (any flavor, sour cream coffee cake is the most popular)

44. Green goddess dressing (over any kind of lettuce, perhaps romaine is traditional)

43. Chicken & dumplings

42. Maryland crab cakes

41. Whoopie pie (yippee!)

40. Jambalaya

39. Cioppino (San Francisco would be hurt if I left them out, they're sensitive that way)

38. Shoofly pie

37. Iceberg wedge with blue cheese dressing

36. Pecan sticky buns

35. Denver Omelet

34. Peach cobbler

33. New England clam chowder

32. Buttermilk pancakes

31. Brunswick stew

30. Philly cheesesteak

29. Chicken fried steak with cream gravy (don't forget the biscuits)

28. Fried rice (of course we fry the rice, we'll fry anything)

27. The Po'boy (oyster, shrimp or even roast beef for purists)

26. Shrimp & grits (I personally like the New Orleans style but the South Carolina version rocks, too)

25. Brown Betty

24. Cedar-planked salmon (Seriously? Only one Northwestern dish? I need to go to Portland)

23. Cobb salad

22. Meatloaf

21. King Ranch chicken casserole

20. Kansas City spareribs (notice I didn't say BBQ — remember, I'm from Texas and we think we invented BBQ)

19. Succotash

18. Fried catfish

17. Soft shell crabs, fried of course

16. Black-eyed peas

15. Seafood gumbo

14.Wisconsin cheese soup

13. Collard greens (or mustard greens)

12. Grilled cheese (fancy schmancy or plain)

11. Mashed potatoes

10. Chicken pot pie

9. Bowl of chili (red, green, white or even Cincinnati-style with spaghetti)

8. Steamed Maine lobster

7. Chimichanga (yes, it was invented north of the border, although who was first is still in dispute)

6. Chocolate chip cookies

5. Mac & cheese

4. Shrimp cocktail

3. Southern fried chicken

2. Texas BBQ beef brisket

1. Turkey & dressing

umm well I guess I am an idiot because I have never heard of a single one of these things apart from mashed spuds. Guess it is purly American tastes. We do not have American restuarants in Australia, have from many other cultures but never see American Restuarant only the KFC, McDonalds etc

Edited by moetownblues

I appreciate honesty.

Believe me, you would like many of these dishes - any Westerner would - and they are just the tip of the iceberg. There are all kinds of regional dishes and American adaptations of ethnic foods that are as good as any food anywhere. :)

I appreciate honesty.

Believe me, you would like many of these dishes - any Westerner would - and they are just the tip of the iceberg. There are all kinds of regional dishes and American adaptations of ethnic foods that are as good as any food anywhere. :)

ok I am open when are you taking my wife and myself out to dinner. I will buy the 1st wine. Truce then???