Bangkok Air Etihad Frequent Flyer Tie Up

sbk

got this in my inbox today:

Starting January 1, 2010, FlyerBonus members can earn FlyerBonus points when travelling with Etihad Airways on qualifying fares. Please quote your FlyerBonus membership number when you book a flight with Etihad Airways and always remember to present your FlyerBonus membership card at check-in. The number of points earned will depend on the class of travel booked as shown in the chart below.

Etihad Airways is the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, based in the capital, Abu Dhabi. The airline currently serves an ever increasing number of destinations in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East and North America. Etihad operates one of youngest and most environmentally-efficient fleets in the world.

This is great news for me...I travel down to Koh Samui upto 4 times a year and as I am a gold member of Etihad I get almost 20,000 points for each return trip from UK to BKK.

For a one way from Bangkok to Samui using Etihad miles is 10,000 points + the taxes (700B) so my usual expensive flight to Samui just got a hel_l of a lot cheaper!!!!

Not a bad offer at all. I just wonder why they didn't inform me. Have been flying with them for quite a while now....

Are you a flyers bonus member? Do you have email notifications enabled? I get updates from them quite regularly.