Hotel Recommendation

corkman

Hi All,

My wife will be over nighting between flights at Savarnabhumi and I would like ot book her into a nice, conviently located hotel. I have read the list at the top of the forum, but I was rather hoping for a personal recomendation.

The main thing really is that it would be close to the airport as her flight s at 6am, so she needs to be there for 4am I presume. The hotel doesn't need to be fancy - just clean, safe, and with a reasonable restaurant.

Many thanks.

Have stayed a few times at the Grand Inn Come Hotel - about 15 - 20 mins from the airport - your wife will probably miss the delightful breakfast, but the evening menu is reasonable and has a varied choice. Not much to do around the place. Rooms are fine, staff are very pleasant.

I walked past the Tong Ta Resort & Spa thought maybe I would give that a try as it is closer to the airport and closer to some of my family......but as yet have not stayed there...but it looks ok.

Have stayed a few times at the Grand Inn Come Hotel - about 15 - 20 mins from the airport - your wife will probably miss the delightful breakfast, but the evening menu is reasonable and has a varied choice. Not much to do around the place. Rooms are fine, staff are very pleasant.

I walked past the Tong Ta Resort & Spa thought maybe I would give that a try as it is closer to the airport and closer to some of my family......but as yet have not stayed there...but it looks ok.

THanks for your input - we'll look into those two.

I've always faced a similar dilemma, arriving very late and leaving very early. I presume your wife is leaving on

either NW/Delta or UAL.

Arriving or Departing during the wee hours usually avoids traffic and therefore a taxi ride to the city is only minutes

away (about 30 minutes - approx. 20 - 25 miles/ 40KM); thus this is my personal reason why I choose to go to the

city to lodge. Staying near the airport (my opinion) is remote, as the earlier commenter mentioned - nothing to do, and also

finding a taxi during off hours may prove difficult. (if you find a taxi, they may extort you knowing that there is no other

cabs avail during these hours and ask you to pay a 'set fee' rather than by meter.

Why don't you go into this travel website that I usually use and compare fares; asiatravel.com

tab - country Thailand and then Bangkok, or even Suvarnabhumi district

good luck

Dusit Princess hotel on Sri Nakarin Rd ... next to Seacon Square (mall) if she is there while it is open. Nice hotel and a couple of great restaurants in it. I use their business ctr when I am in BKK and have had several friends stay there and they all loved it.

It is about 15-20 minutes from the airport.

If I read this right it is a man's wife and she is traveling alone? I would stick with something nice and safe :) The Dusit group is well managed and safe enough that I often see royal motorcades going in and out of there.

Why not the Novotel at Suvarnabhumi? Its a little pricy but the convenience far outweighs the negative price impact IMHO. I normally stay at the Pullman near Victory Monument which is also good but recently stayed at the Novotel solely on the recommendation of a friend who raved about their dinner buffet. Was somewhat sceptical but I have to say that I was most impressed with the rooms and the buffet was out of this world. My friend is an ex-politician back in Oz and has travelled extensively so when he says its the best he has ever had I would tend to agree. Ate so much I couldn't talk! Had to go lie down.

If the price scares you away I would try the Pullman. Be aware that unless she is taking the metered taxi's the airport transfer into BKK can cost between 1200-1900 THB each way so it may be best to factor that into your budget as well.