Silly Question About Bike Seat Height...

MattCinderey

I'm a short-ass...

I'm just trying to work out the seat height of the Ninja 250R, ER6-F & ER6-N vs the CBR150.

I had a 2007 CBR150R for 2 years and loved it. The seat height is listed as 776mm and when sat on it both feet were flat on the floor.

I like this as it feels comfortable when bringing the bike to a stop.

I've just sat on the ER6-N and I can't put both feet flat down (I'm on tip-toes). However the seat height is listed as 785mm an extra 1cm above the CBR150R. Maybe I've shrunk in the past 6 months since I had my CBR!

I assumed the seat height measurement was from the ground to the top the bike seat - am I missing something here?

It also says the Ninja 250R seat height is 790mm (another 5mm higher than the ER6-N) and the ER6-F is the same.

I also rode a CB400 for a while (VTEC- Awesome machine) - seat height listed as 760mm

Darn my short legs!...

Matt.

My two cents there are that the seat on the ER6 is wider and you have to have a wider stance... The CBR is quite slim so your feet will go straight down, if you know what I mean?

I am not sure this is correct but it would make sense, would it not?

My two cents there are that the seat on the ER6 is wider and you have to have a wider stance... The CBR is quite slim so your feet will go straight down, if you know what I mean?

Er6 has a rather narrow seat in front.

BigBikBKK is not really a tall guy, and he seems to be fine riding Ninja 250, ER6n and presently Ninja 650r.

Maybe the CBR specs are a bit off?! The CBR certainly looks like a very small bike in the showroom.

You don't need to be a giant to ride a ER6n though, it's pretty low. I have also witnessed a very short (even by Thai standards) lady ride a D-Tracker without trouble, so you should be able to manage :)

BigBikBKK is not really a tall guy, and he seems to be fine riding Ninja 250, ER6n and presently Ninja 650r.

I'm 5'10" tall and can stand flat footed on the Ninja 205R, ER6n and Ninja 650R. Rode a Yammie FJR1300 a few weeks ago- now THAT was a TALL and WIDE bike! :)

I'm 5'10" tall and can stand flat footed on the Ninja 205R, ER6n and Ninja 650R. Rode a Yammie FJR1300 a few weeks ago- now THAT was a TALL and WIDE bike! :)

following years of neglect, booze fatty food etc i have shrunk to just over 5'6'' tall aided by surgeons loping bits off my femur in hip ops with the biking result that only a Harley really fits the bill, low and comfortable for a real short arse. :D