Real Estate/property Agents- Good Ones?

Thailand

I am having a horrendous time trying to find new accommodations for rent. I am looking for a house or condo in the city, and have gone on the various real estate websites, contact them, and ask to see the specific listings. They either don't have them, the price changes, and they never follow up. I have found them useless (I contacted 8 different agencies) and am checking on Thai Visa, craigslist, and CityLife on line for listings, as well as the various church weekly email notices for leads.

It is really a shame that there is no MLS (Multiple Listing Service) where agents can access the listings of other agencies and then share the commission.

I would suggest that you try selling the house yourself, and list it on the various "farang" websites, and you might get a better response and save yourself a bunch of baht in commission charges on agents who do virtually nothing.

I am having a horrendous time trying to find new accommodations for rent. I am looking for a house or condo in the city, and have gone on the various real estate websites, contact them, and ask to see the specific listings. They either don't have them, the price changes, and they never follow up. I have found them useless (I contacted 8 different agencies) and am checking on Thai Visa, craigslist, and CityLife on line for listings, as well as the various church weekly email notices for leads.

It is really a shame that there is no MLS (Multiple Listing Service) where agents can access the listings of other agencies and then share the commission.

I would suggest that you try selling the house yourself, and list it on the various "farang" websites, and you might get a better response and save yourself a bunch of baht in commission charges on agents who do virtually nothing.

Know what you mean, contacted four of the local ones. One is going to list but I had to write my own description as the English version they provided was pretty bad + they wanted me to ask an unrealistic price (way to high) -that was the last I heard from them although it is on their site.

One other came and took photos but was much more concerned with what furniture we may or may not leave + their pricing was skewed. Two others failed to reply! :)

Also got one pm from someone offering to introduce me to someone who could sell me a house-duh!

Think I may just make up a web page or two and post it with Google Adwords. DIY :D

"It is really a shame that there is no MLS (Multiple Listing Service) where agents can access the listings of other agencies and then share the commission." Now there is an idea!

LOL, just a couple of quotes from that thread.

"All real estate agents are dishonest"

"It all depends on what you call a good agent. In my opinion there are NONE."

"Pick your own poison some are just worst than others"

(maybe you should not believe everything you read on internet forums)

LOL, just a couple of quotes from that thread.

"All real estate agents are dishonest"

"It all depends on what you call a good agent. In my opinion there are NONE."

"Pick your own poison some are just worst than others"

(maybe you should not believe everything you read on internet forums)

Or simply a damning indictment of the Real estate industry particularly here in Thailand.

Jasmine homes, owned by an english guy Steve hel_l of a nice bloke and hey my wife works for him so I may be a little bias

And maybe you have no experience with them as a customer. I recently tried to rent a house from them and found the service to be unhelpful and unprofessional ,largely but not entirely, due to the attitude of the driver they employ to show the houses. And he's been with the firm for five years. No wonder they have hunrdeds of houses languisishing on the books. They have an excellently designed, easily negotiated, website but as a renter you have to do all the work yourself. There's very little attempt on their part to find suitable properties. And a total abscence of enthusiasm or any effort to sell. It's all very passive.

This was also the case with "Chiang Mai House" Agents who also have a good website. Both have hundeds of well presented houses on the books but that's not exactly where you want your house to remain for long. They also inflate the rental prices to well above what the house is actually available for in the moobaan itself.

Steve may be a good guy and does a good job building houses on his attractive developments. If you insisted on dealing with him you might get a decent service. But left in the hands of the Thai office staff I don't think so. And I doubt whether he would be showing people around.You need a good salesman for that job and they don't have one.

As always, opinions vary and this is just one guy's experience with these two agents. I eventually found my rented house through a Moo Baan's office in a development their driver was unwilling to go. Good Luck with your sale,Thailand. Hope you'll keep us informed. It just might encourage them if you also bought your new house from them.

Edited by Asmerom

Jasmine homes, owned by an english guy Steve hel_l of a nice bloke and hey my wife works for him so I may be a little bias

And maybe you have no experience with them as a customer. I recently tried to rent a house from them and found the service to be unhelpful and unprofessional ,largely but not entirely, due to the attitude of the driver they employ to show the houses. And he's been with the firm for five years. No wonder they have hunrdeds of houses languisishing on the books. They have an excellently designed, easily negotiated, website but as a renter you have to do all the work yourself. There's very little attempt on their part to find suitable properties. And a total abscence of enthusiasm or any effort to sell. It's all very passive.

This was also the case with "Chiang Mai House" Agents who also have a good website. Both have hundeds of well presented houses on the books but that's not exactly where you want your house to remain for long. They also inflate the rental prices to well above what the house is actually available for in the moobaan itself.

Steve may be a good guy and does a good job building houses on his attractive developments. If you insisted on dealing with him you might get a decent service. But left in the hands of the Thai office staff I don't think so. And I doubt whether he would be showing people around.You need a good salesman for that job and they don't have one.

As always, opinions vary and this is just one guy's experience with these two agents. I eventually found my rented house through a Moo Baan's office in a development their driver was unwilling to go. Good Luck with your sale,Thailand. Hope you'll keep us informed. It just might encourage them if you also bought your new house from them.

Sounds as you were not happy . ok not much I can do.