Furniture In Chiang Mai

Michaelaway

Sawasdee, Krap!

I'm coming to Chiang Mai soon to buy some furniture for our home in Jomtien (nearby to Pattaya). Anyone know what factories in Chiang Mai are making/showing furniture similar to these pictures? All suggestions gratefully appreciated...!

Also, who knows the Best (safest & cheapest) trucking company I can arrange to get my furniture pcs. from Chiang Mai to our home?

Kob khun mak, Krap! Thanks very much!

:)

post-72929-1264146460_thumb.jpg

post-72929-1264146502_thumb.jpg

post-72929-1264146520_thumb.jpg

post-72929-1264146548_thumb.jpg

post-72929-1264146581_thumb.jpg

post-72929-1264146604_thumb.jpg

If you are driving up from Jomtiem ,there is a large furniture store by the side of the road ( right hand side going up ) just a few Kms before Tak Town .If i remember the deal correctly ,buy B100,000 and they will deliver to Pattaya for B8,000 .Its all solid wood ,mostly hard wood furniture .There prices are as good as Mai Sot ,but without the police check hassles involved departing that border town .Give it a look anyway as its on your way .

If you are driving up from Jomtiem ,there is a large furniture store by the side of the road ( right hand side going up ) just a few Kms before Tak Town .If i remember the deal correctly ,buy B100,000 and they will deliver to Pattaya for B8,000 .Its all solid wood ,mostly hard wood furniture .There prices are as good as Mai Sot ,but without the police check hassles involved departing that border town .Give it a look anyway as its on your way .

Thanks very much, however I will be traveling to CNX by air. Once there, I will walk around the areas of Hang Dong, Baan Tawai & Sankampaeng to look for furinture pieces, but I would love to save time if someone knows who sells these styles. Your suggestion (that the Tak Town shop may sell these styles?) sounds very interesting, and I'd like to have a look. How far from Chiangmai is Tak Town please?

hi michael away,

if you're looking for the furniture you show on the pictures.

you're allready on the right way

just go as you originally planned to Hang Dong, Baan Tawai they have everything you need and more !

what's also very convenient there's plenty of companies who can do the shipping and packing for you

tak i think you should forget about it because that's country style and neo classic style furniture,

sankham paeng is more for the tourist trade,

furthermore i suggest you rent a car and drive your self or rent a taxi at cnx

airport for the day ,

because the distances in baan tawaai are very far apart beyond walking.

enjoy your furniture shopping spree

cliokchi

Thanks very much, however I will be traveling to CNX by air. Once there, I will walk around the areas of Hang Dong, Baan Tawai & Sankampaeng to look for furinture pieces, but I would love to save time if someone knows who sells these styles. Your suggestion (that the Tak Town shop may sell these styles?) sounds very interesting, and I'd like to have a look. How far from Chiangmai is Tak Town please?

Tak is around 300 km before Chiang Mai and maybe 200 km north of Nakon Swan .Its old style furniture .Another place i have been is maybe 100 km east of Chiang Mai and pronounced ''Pear'' by Thais .Not sure how it is spelt in English but it has cheaper prices than the Chiang Mai area ,and has a huge selection .

I think you will find that Chiang mai is only good for solid wood furniture, the type you are looking for can probaly be found just as easy in Bangkok.

UPDATE:

Hellooooo, Chiang Mai! I have arrived (actually last night)! Today, I went out to Hang Dong and thru to Baan Tawai. Arrived there mid-morning, to give all who would open ample time to do so. Well, a lot of places were closed for Sunday, and all the shipping companies, too. No problem... I did find some great natural wood lamps and several furniture pcs. of interest! Man, they have really built up that area since I was last here! Tomorrow, it's back out to look some more... and I am anticipating great things!

Anybody wanna comment on the soi where Gong Dee Gallery is located? What am I gonna find over there?

Love to save some time, so: Any further suggestions of where to go for styles I'm looking for will (still) be gratefully accepted!

PS- Why the heck can't you get decent Kow Soi noodles anywhere else...? Man, they're good in Chiang Mai!

UPDATE:

Hellooooo, Chiang Mai! I have arrived (actually last night)! Today, I went out to Hang Dong and thru to Baan Tawai. Arrived there mid-morning, to give all who would open ample time to do so. Well, a lot of places were closed for Sunday, and all the shipping companies, too. No problem... I did find some great natural wood lamps and several furniture pcs. of interest! Man, they have really built up that area since I was last here! Tomorrow, it's back out to look some more... and I am anticipating great things!

Anybody wanna comment on the soi where Gong Dee Gallery is located? What am I gonna find over there?

Love to save some time, so: Any further suggestions of where to go for styles I'm looking for will (still) be gratefully accepted!

PS- Why the heck can't you get decent Kow Soi noodles anywhere else...? Man, they're good in Chiang Mai!

By pure chance I met the owner of Gong Dee playing golf in Bangkok. His name is Tom and he indicated the location as next to the Amari I believe. I'm new here myself so don't quite know where that is.

Edited by sticklee

UPDATE:

By pure chance I met the owner of Gong Dee playing golf in Bangkok. His name is Tom and he indicated the location as next to the Amari I believe. I'm new here myself so don't quite know where that is.

Khun Sticklee: Thanks a lot. Gong Dee is a lovely, colorful, kind of cutting edge gallery in Chiang Mai. Their original designs are copied, rather than copies. But it's been about two years since I was last there. Recently, reading an article about GD gallery and CNX design, I found out that several other galleries have moved in, making "soi Gong Dee" somewhat of a design gallery enclave. Soooooo, I was asking other peoples' perception of what styles I might actually find there... My time is short here, so any advice would be great!! Thank you, Sticklee- and thank you, Chiang Mai!!