Looks Like It May Be On Its Way Out!

Jockstar

In the last couple of weeks i have noticed graphics problem with my Xbox. I have the standard Xbox thats about 3 years old. Connected to my TV by component. My TV is a Samsung 46'' LED and its the dogs <deleted>. Anyway recenly when playing games or even just at the dashboard i seem to get colour issues. ie the greens are just not right or now and again i'll get pinks thrown in. I had my Xbox set at the highest. So today was playing AC2 and the thing started playing up. So i stopped playing and switched it off and back on again. I then get on the TV mode saying mode not compatable. <deleted> i've been playing it on the highest settings for a long time now! So the question is. Is my Xbox dying?

Today i got on the net looking for a fix for my problem. By the time i got to decide what i needed, ie screws etc etc. I went out to Jaycar. But it was closed. So tomorrow i am off to get bits and pieces to try and fix this problem. I actually opened up the 360 today and sprayed it with air and it came good when plugged back in. But with seconds i had the green again. So switched off and tried to switch back on. But it wouldnt. So will try again tomorrow to fix myself. If not then will have to send to Microshite for afix. What are the steps to do this? Call them or just send?

I would recommend switching to the PS3 if you 360 does end up breaking at this point. If mine ever does I will, though it's been running strong for over 3 years now. Guess I got one of the sturdy ones.

My 360 actaully just stopped working.ie no picture. But i took it apart and tried to fix it which then led to the 3 red rings. I then took it apart again and put more thermal compund and it then went to 2 red rings. I then read again on the net. Took it apart again. Loosened the screws a little and put more compound. It then worked. But i wont even consider buying a PS3 if it fuc_ks up again. I'll just buy another 360. But i'm hoping that i wont have to do that for a while.

• 1 month later...
I would recommend switching to the PS3 if you 360 does end up breaking at this point. If mine ever does I will, though it's been running strong for over 3 years now. Guess I got one of the sturdy ones.

My 360 actaully just stopped working.ie no picture. But i took it apart and tried to fix it which then led to the 3 red rings. I then took it apart again and put more thermal compund and it then went to 2 red rings. I then read again on the net. Took it apart again. Loosened the screws a little and put more compound. It then worked. But i wont even consider buying a PS3 if it fuc_ks up again. I'll just buy another 360. But i'm hoping that i wont have to do that for a while.

I got water cooling now..... hope never to see the 3 red rings.........