Rtn Flight Bkk - Lon

plachon

Rinrada (or anyone else in the know on TF), was just wondering what would be the best option for a rtn flight back to UK in late June from BKK. Not fussed about airline (bar Banga Biman), but would rather it was pretty direct and no long stopovers, serves booze (counts out a few mid-East airlines I guess), and offers good value for money.

Will be going for about 3 weeks and want to book definite dates, no less than one month before flying. So that gives about 3 more weeks to get a good deal. Any suggestions on sound airlines at good prices (looks like Phuket Air is out the running now, which is a bit of a pity as Gatwick is more handy for me than HR), or know of any promos coming up in May? Cheers! :o

Rinrada (or anyone else in the know on TF), was just wondering what would be the best option for a rtn flight back to UK in late June from BKK. Not fussed about airline (bar Banga Biman), but would rather it was pretty direct and no long stopovers, serves booze (counts out a few mid-East airlines I guess), and offers good value for money.

Will be going for about 3 weeks and want to book definite dates, no less than one month before flying. So that gives about 3 more weeks to get a good deal. Any suggestions on sound airlines at good prices (looks like Phuket Air is out the running now, which is a bit of a pity as Gatwick is more handy for me than HR), or know of any promos coming up in May? Cheers!  :o

Emirates online price is THB 32,785 baht(436 pounds) to Gatwick.

You mentioned 'sound' airlines and then wrote about Phuket Air.....

Eva Air 33500 baht to Heathrow outward 2nd june return 5th july.............nice airline , direct flight.

Edit........just noticed you said end of june outward, sure the fare will be the same.

Edited by thaiflyer1

Eva  Air  33500 baht  to  Heathrow  outward  2nd  june  return  5th  july.............nice  airline  ,  direct  flight.

Edit........just  noticed  you  said  end  of  june  outward, sure  the  fare  will  be  the  same.

Hi just had a look on thai airways for a direct return flight London Heathrow/Bankok £389 includes all taxes,this was flying out this month 20 may return 7th june.

Hope this is helpful.

regards

love you long time :o

Sorry for delay...compu acting silly buggers... :o

a couple of prices and dates....

EY - EHIHAD AIRWAYS AUH Y-RT 0-1 M-2PAX V THB 19,300 04APR05 -30JUN05

KL - KLM Royal Dutch AMS Y-RT 5 D-1 M V THB 22,490 16MAY05 - 30JUN05

EY - EHIHAD AIRWAYS AUH Y-RT 0-3 M Q THB 23,450 06APR05 - 14JUL05

TK - Turkish Airlines Y-RT SUN OR 3D-1 M N THB 26,730 08MAY05 -28DEC05

Bangkok - Frankfurt, Geneva, London, Paris, Rome - Bangkok (1 Month) Kuwait Airways (KU) 19,800

Bangkok - Frankfurt, Geneva, London, Paris, Rome - Bangkok (3 Months) Kuwait Airways (KU) 20,800

Bangkok - Europe - Bangkok (To Europe:HEL, BGO, CPH, GOT, OSL, STO, AMS, BCN, BER, BRU, DUB, DUS, FRA, HAM, LON, MAD, MAN, MIL, NMUC, PAR, ROM, VIE, ZRH, BUD, WAW, PRG, LED, MOW) Finnair (AY) 29,900

Bangkok - Europe (Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Rome) - Bangkok Cathey Pacific Airways(CX) 30,200

http://www.searchtravels.com/index.cfm?menuid=554 :D

Thanks for the advice guys. It seems to be narrowing down to Ethihad, Kuwait, Gulf or KLM for non-direct, bargain flights or EVA for the best value direct flight.

Any comments on these choices, or which one offers the best vfm & service?

Cheers for any recent experiences to relate. :o

I always opt for the Amsterdam route as i have to go up to Teeside so the Saudi route then LHR makes it a long journey for me (30 hours door to door only time i did it).

If your only flying to London then maybe the Saudi route isnt such a bad idea if there are savings to be made.

I travel with Eva Evergreen Deluxe always found the service very good.............done KLM a few times as well in the past but found the food a bit hit and miss.

I/d be booking up fairly sharpish as you may find there is no availability for the return journey.

Gulf is cheap, and booze laden. I have found it is usually cheaper to use travel agents than booking direct due to bulk discount deals negotiated.

Soi4 Sukhumvit has a couple of decent place, try Susan at TTS (Thailand Tourist Service) there she's got me a couple of deals.

BTW, prices (when booking from UK) go up substantially in July, holiday season.

ace

Nearly forgot: Aeroflot, via Moscow .

I was offered for £320. I''d like to know if any brave soul has dared this epic death defying journey !-)

Edited by ace

Gulf is cheap, and booze laden. I have found it is usually cheaper to use travel agents than booking direct due to bulk discount deals negotiated.

Soi4 Sukhumvit has a couple of decent place, try Susan at TTS (Thailand Tourist Service) there she's got me a couple of deals.

BTW, prices (when booking from UK) go up substantially in July, holiday season.

ace

Nearly forgot: Aeroflot, via Moscow .

I was offered for £320. I''d like to know if any brave soul has dared this epic death defying journey !-)

I have flown Aeroflot LHR to BKK a couple of times. OK, if basic. Food crap (1001 ways to cook beetroot) but biggest hassle was singing by pissed up Scandinavians on the overnight Moscow BKK leg.

Airbus LHR to Moscow, Il96 (newish Russian 4 jet) Moscow to BKK.