Store In Cm That Sells Keyboard-to-computer Cables?

CaptainSplod

Hi Guys!

You guys have been extremely helpful in the past, so I'm trying my luck again!

I want to connect my (music) keyboard to my computer, using the jackplug "out" socket

on the keyboard - to the 1/8th inch "line in" socket on the computer (which looks like

the headphones socket).

For this I need a cable - obviously with a jackplug at one end and 1/8th inch plug at

the other end, simple, huh!

BUT - no store in my area (the sticks) seems to stock such a cable. I've tried several

computer and music stores and they all just shake their heads and say it's an impossible

thing to get. :D

I DID buy a 1/8th inch plug (at BOTH ends) cable in CM Panthip - and bought a jackplug

adapter - the cable worked fine (well....okay) for a few days and since then it's been

quite useless.

The problem is, that cables with adapters on ain't very reliable (unless both the cable

AND the adapter are of very good quality, perhaps). :D

My question is - does anyone know of a store in CM that stocks such cables? Or can MAKE

(i.e. solder) such a cable for me. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Have to make my 90 day visit to the CM immi office pretty soon, so that's a great opportunity

to get me a new cable! :)

Thanks - and have a grand day!

Captain Splod

If you look around Icon Square or Pantip Plaza you should be able to find some one who can solder it together. I assume you just twisted the wires on to make it work, if that is the case it is doomed to fail as you found out.

Amorn - north moat next to Computer Plaza - will almost certainly have the cable with either/or. Buy the smaller one and a separate 1/4" jack, lop off and solder him on. I have a 1/4 adapter on the end of my 1/8th for headphones and it has never given me problems. Snaps on there really well.

Amorn Electronics Icon Square and also at the bottom parking area in carefoure is a small Amorn shop .

They should have all you need but the big shop at Icon square is for sure.

O I nearly forgot Kitti Electronics at Santitam opposite the University and You also have a shop just behind Wat Pra Sing witch I don know the name of.

Edited by SM7WGP

Hi Again!

Sorry for the sight delay - seems there were problems connecting up to TV (one

of the perks of living in the sticks!). :D

Was actually looking for a store that has cables with the necessary "solid"

plug at each end, so that there's no need to use any adapters. I'm trying to avoid

having to use adapters, sorry if my post wasn't clear on that. Have to use an

adapter for the headphone out on the keyboard - bought 5 <deleted>' adapters before

I got one that actually worked properly - and even then.....but happy to hear that

other people got adapters that don't give any hassle.

As for clipping and soldering myself - ain't got the equipment (or the patience!)

for that and ain't too sure I could do the job properly, anyway.

USB cables are for a different purpose - unless you got a good idea on how to

capture all 16 keyboard channels simultaneously onto the computer. Already got a

USB cable - works real good and no complaints at all.

Getting some nice suggestions worth checking out, so appreciate all your input.

Will be passing thru Hang Dong (and other areas) on my required visit to CM, next

month, so will have the opportunity to check out your suggestions.

More suggestions are always welcome! :)

Thanks

Captain Splod