Low Cost Call Providers Uk To Thailand And Voip

Khun Bob

There are a number of providers in the UK that offer calls to Thai landlines and Mobiles for 1p per minute by using special rate numbers :

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/callchecker/

I have just been through all the cheapest ones on here and none provide a VOIP gateway. As far as I am aware 1p per minute from UK to Thai Landline or Mobile, is cheaper than any other provider eg skype etc.

I just wondered if anyone knew of similarly cheap providers that have a VOIP gatweay ?

At 1p per min, it is cheaper to call a mobile in thailand from the UK, than it is to call one from Thailand !

I just wondered if anyone knew of similarly cheap providers that have a VOIP gatweay ?

What do you mean by a VOIP gateway? We're using VOIP from Thailand to the UK and yes, 1p per minute is a very good rate.

I expect that the calling card numbers use VOIP networks to complete the call but why would that worry you?

If you're looking for a VOIP gateway in Thailand, remember that it is officially illegal here...

What do you mean by a VOIP gateway? We're using VOIP from Thailand to the UK and yes, 1p per minute is a very good rate.

I expect that the calling card numbers use VOIP networks to complete the call but why would that worry you?

If you're looking for a VOIP gateway in Thailand, remember that it is officially illegal here...

As they are Illegal here is it possible to buy usb phones in thailand? if so were?

There are a number of providers in the UK that offer calls to Thai landlines and Mobiles for 1p per minute by using special rate numbers :

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/callchecker/

I have just been through all the cheapest ones on here and none provide a VOIP gateway.  As far as I am aware 1p per minute from UK to Thai Landline or Mobile, is cheaper than any other provider eg skype etc.

At 1p per min, it is cheaper to call a mobile in thailand from the UK, than it is to call one from Thailand !

Cheers for that link... I was still using Telesavers... not any more.. :o

totster :D

Theres some great VOIP phone being produced in China now and you can get them for very little - I got a good one via the US for about £20 - I know I paid over the top but i needed one before going to LOS. Have used it and it is great.

All the call providers in the UK that offer calls to LOS for 1p a min do not provide VOIP gateways. Some available i the UK that do are call18866 and 1899 (I think) - there are others - but all are 3p per min or more - in fact alot more.

If you look arounf there are sites that people auction or offer termination minutes to a specific country, From some of these it is obvious that is is not lega and the resident telecoms co would be well p*ssed off about it. So can understand the comment about VOIP gateways being ilegal in LOS. Actually, anybody resident in LOS with a good local calls package and a broadband connection could make a bit of extra money by doing this.

What I would like to know is how the UK companies can offer calls to LOS land and mobile phones for 1p per minute. If I could find out there routing then it may be possible to tap into that.

Is there really no local VOIP services available in LOS ? What I mean is Thai offerings for VOIP. I guess LOS may not have telecoms deregulation like the UK.

Do you get mobile packages in LOS that have inclusive minutes ? If you think how much of these get wasted, these could be used for VOIP services and the owner would get a kick back too.