Photo Printing

st11x

G'day,

I am looking for shops that will do large prints of my digital photos to put up on the wall. Something like 20-30" by 15-20". I want good quality matte prints but not professional quality ... so no professional price ;-).

There are older threads that recommended Digital Studio at the airport plaza. Is that still a good recommendation?

I vaguely recall a recommendation for a shop near the Arcade bus station, not sure about the name though.

What kind of price should I be expecting?

thanks

Matt

There are both Fuji digital and Kodak digital print shops in many locations in CM who can print up to large sizes...

whats your location ??

I'm around Nornhoi. Since I don't have a color corrected screen, I am hoping to find a store that does have one and is open to letting me preview my file on it before printing.

Matt

I regularly go to a small photo shop opposite the Chiang Mai gate and almost right on the corner on the outside of the moat. They do the big prints for about 500 baht. I've always been pleased with their work and have had a lot of photos done of many sizes. The big thing is to have good camera shooting at the highest quality. I use a Nikon 200D SLR, but the Canon SLR cameras are just as good.

Digital Photo, not Digital Studio, 3rd Floor Airport Plaza. They have a plotter that makes excellent larger prints, and they let you preview your photos on their machines to check the colors, brightness, and contrast prior to printing.

Digital Photo Shop, next to Big Camera on the 3rd floor of Airport Plaza remains the best place in town for prints - their mini-lab outputs to 12 inches wide by as long as you like and they use a new Epson wide printer for anything bigger. Price of a 12" x 18" print is about 150 baht and a 12 x 30 about 250 baht. Price for the Epson is about 2 baht a square inch - that's the really high end option.

If you want to see the quality of their work, go and check out Anniwat Gallery which is by the escalators on the 2nd Floor of Northern Village at the other end of the Plaza - all of his work is done at DPS. Having a poor quality print done at any old lab might save you 10 or 20 baht but not a significant amount of money compared with the length of time you'll be irritated as you see your print colours fading!

Edited by Greenside

I finally made it to the airport plaza today and got some 12x18 prints made by Digital Photo Shop. I am very happy with the results. Forgot to mention I didn't want glossy, luckily they don't print in glossy which is good.

After 12x30, the price jumps very quickly. I was asking about the 24x36 and it is about 1800.

Now to find the perfect frame.

thanks

Matt