Bank Letter Confirming 800k Baht

I'm here with a single entry NON-IMMIGRANT-O visa and will soon apply for a 1 year extension of stay (first time) based on retirement / 800K on account.

I have 800K Baht on my Kasikorn account since December 8. I plan to go to the bank on February 8, ask for a confirmation letter and top up my account a few hundred baht just to get a booking in my bank book.

Then on February 9th, I plan to go to Chaeng Wattana immigration, BKK.

Is that the correct way to handle my extension? Will the immigration mind if the papers from the bank are from one day earlier? Will Kasikorn issue the statement immediately?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by GreenSnapper

Its a good idea to do a transaction just before you get the bank letter, though I highly doubt that is always required. I have never done so in Pattaya. The balance in the bank book must match the balance in the letter EXACTLY. One day earlier or Friday before Monday is accepted in Pattaya. If you go to your actual home branch you should be able to get the letter on the spot, but of course you have to wait for someone to help as for any transaction. I think at some offices even a one week old letter would be OK, but I would never risk that.

Edited by Jingthing

I got my letter and photocopied the bank book on the 27th went to Immigration on 28th and the letter was accepted but I had to have my bank book made up again and make another photocopy! You don't lose your place in the queue she gets everything else ship-shape while you are gone. -

I bank with HSBC, so there is no bank book.

What I did initially was go the day before, request 3 months of official statements and the letter matching the most recent statement.

The next morning I then headed for Immigration for that initial "retirement visa".

Is there any reason that procedure should cause a problem next time around?

when I made my first attempt to apply for a marriage extension I presented a bank statement/letter and a bank book that showed the last transaction on the 58th day of the 60 day requirement and these were not accepted by my local immigration office; they insisted that these documents show a transaction and the associated balance on the 60th day or after. They would not accept the argument that if there are no transactions between the 58th day and the 60th day then the balance on the 60th day should be the same...this was based upon their view that the higher up '30 day under consideration period' review office would not accept the documents as presented.

thus, better to get yer bank statement/letter and updated bank book on the 60th day or later. I made a withdrawal from an ATM on the 60th day (the day I made the extension application) and tried to show them the slip with the balance but they wouldn't even look at it...

my experience, FWIW...