German Tourist Stabbed To Death In Phuket

george

Continued from here.

German tourist stabbed to death in Phuket

PHUKET: -- A German tourist was stabbed to death by teenagers while he was driving a pick-up truck in this island province Wednesday evening.

Police said Wolf Kessel Seim, 66, was pronounced dead shortly after he was sent to the Siriroj Phuket Hospital at 7:30 pm. He was stabbed twice - once on the left ribs and another time on the left chest.

Witnesses told police that the man honked when three teenagers on motorcycles cut in front of his pick-up truck at an intersection. The teenagers then followed him and forced him to stop before beating and stabbing him.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-01-28

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE

German stabbed to death in Phuket

RAWAI, PHUKET: A German expat was stabbed to death last night outside a 7-Eleven shop on a busy road in Rawai.

The dead man has been identified as 66-year-old Eugen Wolf-Dieter, a resident of Ban Saiyuan in Rawai.

Police are on the hunt for three teenage suspects who beat and stabbed Mr Dieter before fleeing on a motorbike.

From their initial investigations, police said Mr Dieter was driving his Toyota Vigo pick-up south along Chao Fa Road West.

As he reached Chalong Circle, a pink Yamaha Fino driving against the flow of traffic suddenly cut across his path and drove onto the Chalong Pier road, just missing Mr Dieter’s truck, witnesses said.

Witnesses said Mr Dieter got angry, shouted at the boys and then gave them the middle finger.

Chalong Police Duty Officer Anukul Nuket received the report of the stabbing at 7:40pm.

“The riders got angry, so they had an argument with the German and followed him until he stopped the truck at the scene,” he said.

A fight ensued during which the German was stabbed in his chest and stomach, he said.

The three suspects fled on their bike south toward Rawai Beach.

By the time police arrived, rescue workers from Phuket Rumjai Kupai Foundation had already rushed Mr Wolf-Dieter to Vachira Phuket Hospital in Phuket Town, but he died en route.

As of 11am today, Chalong Police were still searching for the assailants.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2010-01-28

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Hopefully the witnesses got the license plates of the motorcycles and can pass those on too so these low lifes can be caught.

My condolences to his family and friends. Not a nice death, getting stabbed by some youngsters on a Pink Fino……shouldn’t be that hard to find them, but nobody can bring this German guy back to life.

Sorry to say that, but we all should be careful to show somebody the Middle finger…… in a country where boys are fighting with others only because they’re in another school.

Would anybody go to the Favelas in Rio and show those ‘kids’ the Middle finger? RIP

low lifes, they were at fault he yells at them and then they stab him.... Lesson to others, next time just run them over.

As cruel as this statement sounds, it might be the best advise.

RIP.

RIP

I dont normally comment on posts like this, but one hopes the the police do their job, catch the bast*rds and hope they go down for a long time or hung for murder...

The lesson on this one.....keep your doors locked in your car, and if in a similar situation...do not get out the car to confront anyone, which I assume was the case in this instance...

There was some thing similar a few years ago in Phuket , An old lady who had lived there for years , she had a factory. It Employed about 20 Thai people, She did the same sort of thing , Some young idiot shot out of a side street nearly into her pick up, she piped her horn (honked it), The young male man pulled a gun and shot her dead, nobody in the packed street saw anything or got the number of the motor bike, A senseless death and it put 20 Thai people out of work, The person who did the shooting was never found,

Edited by Thongkorn

Although I think the stabbing was unnecessary the man clearly provoked the boys, middle finger and probably swearing in English. This is seriously a big NO NO!!! I really wonder why farang can be some dumb sometimes. Around the world can get a good bashing for it? [/color]They are not familiar with western road rules and why should they? Probably borrow their mothers or gay brothers' bike just to chill with some friends.

When someone Honk their horn at me I get very angry but hold my breath and try to relax but it would satisfy me to go and pull them out of the car,

You should never lose your temper in Thailand or expect the worst!!

Rak with all due respect mate...you are making excuses for them, a situation like this does not warrant a knife in the ribs under any circumstances or in any country in the world.

You also state that they where not familiar with "Western road rules" where does it say in the Thai highway code that its legal to ride a motorbike against the flow of traffic... :) ....."Western road rules" had nothing to do with this....just 3 little thugs who couldnt control their impulses and need to be accountable for their actions...

Very sad. Condolences to the family. These kids will never be caught. The BiB have many more important jobs to do than finding killers. Another soon to be unsolved case of violence against a foreigner in Thailand.

Not a patch on the number of unsolved cases of violence against Thais in this country.

Thai people honk their horns and show signs every day. Expecting us to not adopt it is nonsense.

And lessons learned: If you have a visual or distant verbal dispute with low lifes, never ever stop your car to 'talk it out'. They are not interested in talking, that requires thinking. If you are worried they will follow you home, drive into the nearest police stations parking area in plain view of the officers no doubt resting outside.

Edited by TAWP

Although I think the stabbing was unnecessary the man clearly provoked the boys, middle finger and probably swearing in English. This is seriously a big NO NO!!! I really wonder why farang can be some dumb sometimes. Around the world can get a good bashing for it? They are not familiar with western road rules and why should they? Probably borrow their mothers or gay brothers' bike just to chill with some friends.

When someone Honk their horn at me I get very angry but hold my breath and try to relax but it would satisfy me to go and pull them out of the car,

Yes. I can see how raising a middle finger or otherwise expressing anger is grounds for murder,

Although I think the stabbing was unnecessary the man clearly provoked the boys, middle finger and probably swearing in English. This is seriously a big NO NO!!! I really wonder why farang can be some dumb sometimes. Around the world can get a good bashing for it? They are not familiar with western road rules and why should they? Probably borrow their mothers or gay brothers' bike just to chill with some friends.

Yes. I can see how raising a middle finger or otherwise expressing anger is grounds for murder,

Yes based on the above, one would assume its ok in Thailand to pull out a 6 inch silletto and jab someone between ribs, the next time someone screams at you " Hey you Farang"

There was a bit in the Thai press about it today. The title was something like 'Phuket teenagers stab to death farang they thought insulted their mother'. It's reported the youths initially turned and cut in front of him resulting in him beeping his horn at them. They gave chase and he gave the middle finger which further angered them. Not realising the danger he was in, he got out at a 7-11 to buy something where they surrounded and punched him, then one of them stabbed him and he died on his way to hospital. Apparently it was only 200m from Chalong police station. The motorcycle was a pink Yamaha Fino with no number plates.

Wonder where the details about cutting in front and the middle finger gesture came from. Presumably there was a witness to that.

Edited by katana

Get real, this shocking incident started when the bike rider with his "I don't give a toss about anybody else" riding cut accross the motorist. The lax motoring law's & insignificant fines allow to many dumb-nut's to do whatever they want to in Thailand & no matter how many times we turn the other cheek occassionally we'll loose it and exchange a few word's & jestures; for that you loose your life! So much for a calm & reflective Buddhist society!!

Let me recap your post....

You think the German man dumb or stupid.

He got stabbed and beaten to death by 3 brilliant Thai Teens

Driving on the wrong side against traffic in their brilliance

Just missing a vehicle being driven correctly

and rules for driving are only for Westerners , Thais have no need to know the rules for even their own safty

but

becaused the pick up driver honked his horn

and gave the finger to the Thai Einsteins

oh and not to forget , he was a farang.

in your opinion he deserved to die and you note no sympathy for his death or to any survivors he may have left.

I guess we all can see which side of the bread your butter is spread and where from you were hatched.

Would you think that the 3 nice young men should get some type of medal>> ????

and they were justified

Edited by george