Best Ob-gyn Hospital In Bkk ?

kalaminsa

GF had an unplanned Ceasarian due to pre-eclampsia & hypertension, has now undergone two surgeries to try and stop haemorraging .

She is presently at Thainakarin but I am wondering if it would not be wiser to move her to Bumungrad ?

Is there anyone who can give any qualified advice ?

Unfortunately I am not able to join her until Saturday morning and I am going nuts not knowing her exact condition.

Will hopefully receive a positive Dr's report tonight .

The baby is fine , 2770 gms at 37 weeks ,but that is the only positive news That I have had so far.

Many of the wealthest Thais pick Wichaiyut hospital. Apparently it has a good reputation for assisting in child birth.

Bumrungrad has a very high percentage of Ceasarian sections and apparantly not looked highly upon for childbirth among the thai people.

I would not suggest moving her at this point unless you are incredibly dissatisfied with your current doctor or you feel they are not providing the top care.

If you don't feel comfortable with the doctor then I suggest you request a referral to a different doctor.

GF had an unplanned Ceasarian due to pre-eclampsia & hypertension, has now undergone two surgeries to try and stop haemorraging .

She is presently at Thainakarin but I am wondering if it would not be wiser to move her to Bumungrad ?

Is there anyone who can give any qualified advice ?

Unfortunately I am not able to join her until Saturday morning and I am going nuts not knowing her exact condition.

Will hopefully receive a positive Dr's report tonight .

The baby is fine , 2770 gms at 37 weeks ,but that is the only positive news That I have had so far.

Bumrungrad has a very high percentage of Ceasarian sections

What a suprise. You'd never imagine that Bamrungrad would seek to perform the more profitable procedure rather than what was best for the patient.

If it really is necessary to move her, personally I'd look elsewhere. Vichaiyut might be a good call.

A couple of my friends (farang) have had babies at Samitivej and were VERY happy with the service. They promote natural birth, and are excellent at assisting with breast feeding etc.

I would highly recommend them.

A couple of my friends (farang) have had babies at Samitivej and were VERY happy with the service.  They promote natural birth, and are excellent at assisting with breast feeding etc. 

I would highly recommend them.

No, they don't promote natural birth, prefer CS, and how for *** sake they can assist with breast feeding ?

Overpriced place with no good reputation at all.

Rama IX Hosp belongs to Mr T.Sh. - at least pretty big stake of it. I just love it how it changed for last two years.

Some women have trouble breasfeeding, and they actually assist the mother with how to get it right without stressing about it.

Maybe your friends had bad experiences. My friends had good ones.

No, they don't promote natural birth, prefer CS, and how for *** sake they can assist with breast feeding ?

Overpriced place with no good reputation at all.

i used to teach breast feeding to young mothers , typical of a man not to understand that it is soething that often has to be taught to succeed w/o problems.... used to be that new mothers got taught by grandma or auntie...

totally off subject .......