Bangkok Bike Show

prepress

before I delete it - a small movie from todays visit at the Bkk Bike show at Central World.

There are many big bikes on display, including parts and accessories. Owners of scooters won't find much.

:)

Sorry, it says - I am not permitted to upload this type of file. It is a .mp4 file, size 1.2 MB

:D

Edited by prepress

We met at Thonglor for a short trip to Central World. Met another foreign 848 rider for the first time, Jean from France as well as Dave on his Monster 1100.

bbf_2010_02.jpg

The cuddly teddy bear attached to the keyring was unusual. Girlfriend's doing?

bbf_2010_06.jpg

It was good to see Ducati goddess, Khun Anisa with her 696. The only Thai woman I've seen riding a big bike. And it's a Duc! :D

bbf_2010_05_edit.jpg

Renzo's tricked out ride. Not a lot left on this bike that's stock. The frame maybe! :)

All the gold isn't really my cup of tea but it got a lot of attention. Especially the exhausts.

bbf_2010_04.jpg

About a dozen of us rode through the terrible traffic along Petchaburi Rd, Chitlom and Ploenchit. Chitlom was a nightmare.

We all made it to Central World unscatherd and parked up.

bbf_2010_12.jpg

bbf_2010_13_edit.jpg

bbf_2010_14_edit-1.jpg

Once inside, it was good to see Ducati had a decent display. In the past they've tended to ignore bike meets/weeks for some reason. Maybe they think they're too exclusive but I tried to talk them into making a showing at Burapa in 2 weeks anyway as it's Thailand biggest bike week. Not sure I was successful though they may join up with Pang's Ducati Chonburi Club for a showing. Hopefully they'll work something out as Burapa is heavily dominated by Harleys and choppers. Though to their credit, they are starting up a Desmo Owners Club.

I saw a lot of friendly faces from previous bike meets and a few less than friendly ones from TV! :D

Triumph and Ducati had the best displays in my opinion.

bbf_2010_10.jpg

The BMW's were shockingly ugly-looking bikes. Honda were showing scooters and Harley had the best-looking 'pretties', as they always do. Can't say the same about the bikes though. Didn't see much of Kwakazuki. It would have been nice to see some new Gixxers. The cheap-ass, made-in-Thailand Kwakas were no loss. Who wants to see yet another Er6N/F?

They could have been there but in reality, who cares?

A few pics from inside the hall.

bbf_2010_15.jpg

bbf_2010_09.jpg

All round nice guy Ducati Thailand manager Chum giving a talk-show though most attention was naturally focused on the girl presenter. When the male presenter asked the price of the 1198s in front of the stage, the answer was greeted with some surprise. :D

bbf_2010_16.jpg

Hey Tony, pics look great , the bikes look ok too :D Do me a favour please :) If Triumpth are there can you check the price on a Triumpth America ? My bike here in U.K. I,l be after one when I relocate ti L.O.S.

CHEERS . Khun Tony .

Cheers Tony,

Triumph did have the "America" on display- here are the prices:

TriumphAmerica.JPG

What's this bike cost in the UK? I bet the Thai prices are a bit of sticker shock, huh?

Ride On!

Tony

It was good to see Ducati goddess, Khun Anisa with her 696. The only Thai woman I've seen riding a big bike. And it's a Duc! :D

Yikes... so that's what passes for a goddess in your world, huh? I always knew you had low (no?) standards, but really Terry, it's quite brave of you to share your taste in 'women' with everyone. :D

As for Thai chicks on Big Bikes I guess you've never heard of Former Miss Thailand Boom who rides a Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R.

20.3.jpg

But then again, she'd blow past you so fast you'd probably never realize she was a girl... :) And anyway, since when are you into girls??? :D

6.jpg

The cheap-ass, made-in-Thailand Kwakas were no loss. Who wants to see yet another Er6N/F?

How nice of you to diss all the folks who've bought Thai build Kawasakis. At least our Kwackerzakis don't break like your fragile 848 did. You had it only about a year before the steering head bearing went, am I right???

Best booth at the Bike Show had to be KTM:

KTMModel.jpg

Whoever figured out that a chick wearing body paint isn't naked in this country should win a prize! :D

Ride On!

The BMW's were shockingly ugly-looking bikes.

Opinion are like <deleted>- everyone's got one. (Except apparently Peaceblondie... :) )

013010BMWCutieSSR.jpg

The HP2 is ugly? (Well what does that say about your sense of beauty?)

013010BMWLovelyZmSSR.jpg

Yawn... these overpriced Monsters are becoming about as common as those cheap-ass Kwackerzakis :D

012810DucPrettySm.jpg

Ride On!

T

Hey Tony your a star ,

The Thai price is double :) that of U.K. here a new America is now £ 5995 , around 300,000 baht ! I bought mine 3 yrs ago £5295.

Its still in as new condition, its the 795cc engine they now are 865cc , also mine has the wire wheels on now they are alloy also they have changed the tank , I plan to retire to l.o.s. in 3yrs, maybe i will import it and bear the price if it costs me 300,000 again then still cheaper than 600,000baht and i,l still have the model i prefare, besides a Triumpths for life .

RIDE ON BRO :D .

Hey Tony your a star ,

The Thai price is double :) that of U.K. here a new America is now £ 5995 , around 300,000 baht ! I bought mine 3 yrs ago £5295.

Its still in as new condition, its the 795cc engine they now are 865cc , also mine has the wire wheels on now they are alloy also they have changed the tank , I plan to retire to l.o.s. in 3yrs, maybe i will import it and bear the price if it costs me 300,000 again then still cheaper than 600,000baht and i,l still have the model i prefare, besides a Triumpths for life .

And then no parts ?? Difficult to insure..

And anyway, since when are you into girls???  :)
I think you're confusing me with one of your GT-Rider mates. Though I got to admit, I'm not too keen on the images of naked, belly-tattooed, Laotian child-hookers on your wonderful forum.

And Tony, don't you realize calling someone's sexuality into question is a sure sign of your own sexual insecurity? Kind of like those guys out gay-bashing to cover their own closet homosexuality. But if you want to bring the conversation down to the level of the schoolyard, go ahead. If it makes you feel more..er..secure. :D

Hey, maybe even go one better and classlessly abuse your moderator privileges by re-writing my posts in order to slag me off. Oh, my mistake. WRONG FORUM!

How nice of you to diss all the folks who've bought Thai build Kawasakis. At least our Kwackerzakis don't break like your fragile 848 did. You had it only about a year before the steering head bearing went, am I right???
It appears the SSR sewing circle has been in full swing. The grease in my head-bearing needed to be replaced as I was riding to work through salt-water floods out my way in Samut Prakan. Big deal. And actually the diss was aimed at you and a few of your sycophantic pals. And boy! Did you bite!?  :D
Opinion are like <deleted>- everyone's got one.
Way to go, Captain Obvious.

Seeing as you just did three posts in a row, it appears you have enough opinions for all of us.

The HP2 is ugly? (Well what does that say about your sense of beauty?)

013010BMWLovelyZmSSR.jpg

Er..have you seen those bloody great things sticking out of each side. Open your eyes, man

Hey Tony your a star ,

no problem to insure, I had 1st class on my VTX 1800cc v-twin. purchased 420k, insured 400k at 12k.

Yawn... these overpriced Monsters are becoming about as common as those cheap-ass Kwackerzakis
Well, you seem to be taking enough pictures of them. And while we're on the subject. Have you ever ridden a recent MY Ducati?
Terry, Tony, what happens when you guys cross paths at the bike shows? lol.

I think Tony should be more concerned with the reaction of Khun Anisa's Duc-riding brother when he finds out about Tony's comments.

And thanks for the smilie, Tony. See my third sentence in post 19 as reference.

Edited by RusticCharm

And thanks for the smilie, Tony. See my third sentence in post 19 as reference.

Chill Terry- you really do get riled up far too easily. If you're gonna dish it out, you should expect to get some in return. All in good fun my man. Sorry you don't see the humor in it. 5chillpill.gif5chillpill.gif5chillpill.gif

Hey Tony your a star ,

If i do import my bike , I,l also include in the crate some parts , chain n sprockets , filters etc , I,m sure if Triumpth ( Thailand ) can,t get any spares i.l import them . Surely some Thai insurance company,s will want my dosh ? I realize importing is,nt straightforward , but it can be done so if need be i.l doit . Here she is ,post-99403-1265027033_thumb.jpg

I cant leave that in U.K. :D

If i do import my bike , I,l also include in the crate some parts , chain n sprockets , filters etc , I,m sure if Triumpth ( Thailand ) can,t get any spares i.l import them . Surely some Thai insurance company,s will want my dosh ? I realize importing is,nt straightforward , but it can be done so if need be i.l doit . Here she is ,post-99403-1265027033_thumb.jpg

I cant leave that in U.K. :)

Nice lookin' bike! Better looking than the new Triumph America they had on display at the show. I can now understand why you want to bring her over. No problem getting insurance, but getting her past emissions and registered in Thailand- that will be the tricky part. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Yikes... so that's what passes for a goddess in your world, huh? I always knew you had low (no?) standards, but really Terry, it's quite brave of you to share your taste in 'women' with everyone. :D

As for Thai chicks on Big Bikes I guess you've never heard of Former Miss Thailand Boom who rides a Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R.

bbf_2010_05_edit.jpg

20.3.jpg

But then again, she'd blow past you so fast you'd probably never realize she was a girl... :) And anyway, since when are you into girls??? :D

6.jpg

You have to do the biker girl math here. Being a rider gives you at least an extra 1.5 points. K. Anisa looks pretty cute to me. After the math she is a solid 8/8.5. As for Boom, well, that would make her an 11.5 out of 10. But why is she driving on the wrong side of the road?

6.jpg

You have to do the biker girl math here. Being a rider gives you at least an extra 1.5 points. K. Anisa looks pretty cute to me. After the math she is a solid 8/8.5. As for Boom, well, that would make her an 11.5 out of 10. But why is she driving on the wrong side of the road?

Cuz that pic was taken in Laos! :) (Notice the Nongkhai Customs house in the background?)

Snapped this one at the BRC last year when she was just learning how to ride-

041909BRC1Sm.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

6.jpg

Cuz that pic was taken in Laos! :D (Notice the Nongkhai Customs house in the background?)

Snapped this one at the BRC last year when she was just learning how to ride-

041909BRC1Sm.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

Oh yeah...that's right. I forgot about Laos. I remember the bus crossing over the lanes on the bridge.

So where's the pics after you taught her how to ride? :)