2 Topics My God!, What Was That Racket Last Night On Samui?& Noise Pollution.

Noise Pollution, All-night parties.  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is a similar "freaky freaky party" at Chaweng. We can hear loud music from the distance of appr. 3 kilometers, about once a week, 11pm to 6am. I assume people who live in uphill communities facing Chaweng are not pleased with the party as well. Is that a Lake View Party?

P.S. And please people, do not suggest go and join the dancing.

some people injoy it

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ON KOH SOM THE PARTIES GO OUT THE BACK TOWARDS KOH PANGAN......I COULD HERE NOTHING WAITING FOR THE BOAT IN BIG BUDDHA

Please stop shouting :)

Don't worry , will be shouting no more. :D

There is a similar "freaky freaky party" at Chaweng. We can hear loud music from the distance of appr. 3 kilometers, about once a week, 11pm to 6am. I assume people who live in uphill communities facing Chaweng are not pleased with the party as well. Is that a Lake View Party?

some people injoy it

What exactly do you mean BigC? Those who live in uphill communities facing Chaweng enjoy hearing loud party music? Or those who can't sleep - they wake up, go join dancing and enjoy it? Those who are present at the party probably do enjoy it, but they must be either super humans with different type of ears, or totally deaf. :)

THAT PARTY FROM 2 NIGHTS AGO HAPPENS ONCE A YEAR AND FOR DONATION REASONS. ALL THE PROFITS GO TO THE LOCAL THAISCHOOLS TO PROVIDE THEM WITH FANS IN THE SOMMER, PRPPER TOILETS TEACHING MATERIALS.

Removed sarcastic remark. Please do not post in caps.

Rooo.

That's great,but maybe you could have let it be known or use another avenue to raise money out of more cash flow healthy patrons.

Now when you talk about profits, I dare to wonder how? From beer & alcohol sale? Wow that must amount to a huge amount.

Profits, after all costs taken out? Or costs with some profit added to arrive at final profit for donation ?

I really do see the need for education, convinced now after reading this post before it was edited by the moderators.

You have just given us a great insight into the mentality & attitude of such event organisers. God bless .

some people injoy it

What exactly do you mean BigC? Those who live in uphill communities facing Chaweng enjoy hearing loud party music? Or those who can't sleep - they wake up, go join dancing and enjoy it? Those who are present at the party probably do enjoy it, but they must be either super humans with different type of ears, or totally deaf. :D

Wait till the 27th we are going to dance , the hills will be alive with sound of music. wasn't that out of a movie?

Come over Big C & we can run through the meadows swaying to the music. :)

some people injoy it

What exactly do you mean BigC? Those who live in uphill communities facing Chaweng enjoy hearing loud party music? Or those who can't sleep - they wake up, go join dancing and enjoy it? Those who are present at the party probably do enjoy it, but they must be either super humans with different type of ears, or totally deaf. :D

Wait till the 27th we are going to dance , the hills will be alive with sound of music. wasn't that out of a movie?

Come over Big C & we can run through the meadows swaying to the music. :D

I just had this vision of big C tiptoeing through the tulips to the thumping music, not pretty I might add :)

Come over Big C & we can run through the meadows swaying to the music. :D

I just had this vision of big C tiptoeing through the tulips to the thumping music, not pretty I might add :D

:):D:D

There is another thread running, with a similar problem. The biggest problem on Samui is noise pollution ,the more they let them go, the harder it will be to reign back in.

I just wonder what type of big spenders go to these do's & who do they actually cater for?

This is of course one part of the plan to attract wealthy tourists and Eco-Tourist to the country. I am sure it will work as smoth as silk.  :)

Nobody has an objection against parties. And nobody has an objection against folks preferring a quiet life. That simply should stay apart from each other.

I mentioned Koh Som, because it is a perfect example of ignorance. About 10 years ago they wanted to start with typical disco parties at this tiny, left to nature since ever island, which was more a place for campfire and acoustic guitars or better left alone..........the bass could be heard all over Samui's North coast until morning.

Nobody has an objection against parties. And nobody has an objection against folks preferring a quiet life. That simply should stay apart from each other.

I mentioned Koh Som, because it is a perfect example of ignorance. About 10 years ago they wanted to start with typical disco parties at this tiny, left to nature since ever island, which was more a place for campfire and acoustic guitars or better left alone..........the bass could be heard all over Samui's North coast until morning.

Where is Koh Som?

2,5 km North of Big Buddha Temple there are 2 small islands. Koh Som is the right one. The Had Rin Queen is passing by next to these islands.

Fortunately it's quiet there since a long time. There was a thread about the transformation of this island into a real estate project.

Edited by Birdman

2,5 km North of Big Buddha Temple there are 2 small islands. Koh Som is the right one. The Had Rin Queen is passing by next to these islands.

Fortunately it's quiet there since a long time. There was a thread about the transformation of this island into a real estate project.

They do have events on Friday nights I believe, but I don't think they bother anyone on Samui. But I could be wrong.

They were hoping to build 40 ? houses there. Are they the same people that run the party?

They do have events on Friday nights I believe, but I don't think they bother anyone on Samui. But I could be wrong.

They were hoping to build 40 ? houses there. Are they the same people that run the party?

That party was around 8-10 years ago.

Real Full Moon style.

That party was around 8-10 years ago.

Real Full Moon style.

Well I was invited a couple of times last month to go there. I don't think it's anything like what people are talking about here, but more of a laid back affair.

"Let's have a party"!

It's not only about developers., making money, money, money selling houses,

it's about having fun and others making money too - gimme a break!

Nobody ask anybody to come here, to stay here and no one is forced to buy a house!

Go back to Mallorca, that is developed to certain death already!

When the people who came here, celebrating Moon parties at the beach there was nothing which would have attracted the "house owner-developer crowd", nothing at all not even sufficient electricity or supplies of Champagne, Australian Wines and TGB Sausages...

Stop whining, let people have some fun!

Edited by Samuian

Well, I would say developers are not the majority in this thread. I for one am not.

You can have your parties, others can have their development, and others should have also their right to live in nature and peace. And actually there should be a protected area left to nature alone! Apart from original coconut/fruit farming.

Koh Samui is not known to the world as a party island like Ibiza. It's known as a nice tropical mixture of all - beaches, wide coconut forests, the possibility to discover other islands around, scuba, shopping and entertainment at the main beaches, quiet and relaxed at the other places, fresh seafood et cetera, et cetera.

Edited by Birdman

"Let's have a party"!

Nobody ask anybody to come here, to stay here and no one is forced to buy a house!

That party was indeed suposedly done to help local schools, but for sure the 2 resort at each side were very happy last nigh.

Although the Vanta is in a noisy place anyway.

I sleep very close but no noise....

What I am missing was the need to pay 4 DJ for computer generated (music), sorry noise...

Ptump, Ptump, after 30 minutes the noise (music) changed just a bit and I went home....

I think a normal brain cannot understand the message, strong pills are needed :)

Gee, in the past they were using real music, terrific era.... :D

"Let's have a party"!

That party was indeed suposedly done to help local schools, but for sure the 2 resort at each side were very happy last nigh.

Although the Vanta is in a noisy place anyway.

I sleep very close but no noise....

What I am missing was the need to pay 4 DJ for computer generated (music), sorry noise...

Ptump, Ptump, after 30 minutes the noise (music) changed just a bit and I went home....

I think a normal brain cannot understand the message, strong pills are needed :)

Gee, in the past they were using real music, terrific era.... :D

Well I assume it's in the eye of the beholder, my grandmother used to recognize Elvis Presley, Bill Haley and the likes

entertainment, as...... well, I can't write the exact expression she used, but it was very racial, she labeled it as something like "black natives jazz" well let's say that what some people consider HipHop performers these days.

My former music teacher thought Pink Floyd was just bad noise, not to mention Jim Morrison and his like.... but then he could neither sing nor play the piano well, his performance was tied to Folk songs and that made the chalk come off the black board...

Times change and so do poeple and the trends they follow - still let

'em kids and those who like it, have some fun, it's not meant to torture House owners in particular!

Edited by Samuian

"Let's have a party"!

When the people who came here, celebrating Moon parties at the beach there was nothing which would have attracted the "house owner-developer crowd", nothing at all not even sufficient electricity or supplies of Champagne, Australian Wines and TGB Sausages...

I agree 100%. We were here long before the landed gentry tried to change everythng and moan, moan, moan :)

It was closed down by the authorities because the organisers never cleaned up after the mess they made. Who cleans up after Full Moon Party Had Rin ? That's why they now charge everyone on arrival Baht 100 and believe me the farang pissed up hooligans couldn't give a sh...t where they ditch their litter. Just watch them

Yep, the Freaky freaky party 11pm to 7am.

Full moon parties have come to Lamai.

Indeed what a racket.

go live up north in isaan, problem solved :)

i dont think so.. up north is just as bad, but it is THAI nighclubs that are making the racket.. trust me, they like thier music volumes louder than us and its EVERY night!

it isnt just samui that suffers noise pollution.. its everywhere in Thailand

"Let's have a party"!

I agree 100%. We were here long before the landed gentry tried to change everythng and moan, moan, moan :)

Seems an illogical response. You say you were here before..blah.. many years before..blah.. tried to change everything...blah,blah.

I would argue that many of us were here many years before you, but who wants to enter in a pissing contest?

It's probably not easy for you to understand but many of us are not trying to change anything, merely trying to hang on to what was already here and to allow harmony amongst the various island users.

(Shame you don't know where Koh Som is. It's a nice place, perhaps you should try and get out from Lamai more!)

Landed gentry? Would be interested to know how you apply this definition. Or does that mean anyone with a 90 day visa? :D :D

"Let's have a party"!

Seems an illogical response. You say you were here before..blah.. many years before..blah.. tried to change everything...blah,blah.

I would argue that many of us were here many years before you, but who wants to enter in a pissing contest?

It's probably not easy for you to understand but many of us are not trying to change anything, merely trying to hang on to what was already here and to allow harmony amongst the various island users.

(Shame you don't know where Koh Som is. It's a nice place, perhaps you should try and get out from Lamai more!)

Landed gentry? Would be interested to know how you apply this definition. Or does that mean anyone with a 90 day visa? :D:D

I don't live in Lamai. :D

"Let's have a party"!

I agree 100%. We were here long before the landed gentry tried to change everythng and moan, moan, moan :D

Landed gentry? Would be interested to know how you apply this definition. Or does that mean anyone with a 90 day visa? :D:D

Then it is perfectly understandable why you don't have any problem with the noise throughout the night! :)

Then it is perfectly understandable why you don't have any problem with the noise throughout the night! :D

Read the thread. I live near Lake View and the Black Moon parties :)

Its a holiday island. This is what brings in the money so don't expect it to change anytime soon. :)

Live with it or move to Hua Hin.

You're right. Whatever the pros and cons of commercially promoted noise pollution, this is a holiday destination for (mostly) young people who seem to like to jump up and down to excruciatingly load "music" for an extended period of time. Can't complain, really.

The tourists come to party,get it? :D:D:D:D