Motorcycle Driver Lisence / Restrictions

I got pulled up this afternoon not far from Ban Phe on the way back from Cambodia.

It was hilarious.

Cop asks me for my driver's licence. I pulled out the first Western Australian licence I could find in my wallet, which happened to be the one that expired in 2007, but I like the photo more than the current one.

He walks off with that to show someone senior while I find a safer park for the Honda off the road, then he comes back with my expired Western Australian licence and says it's okay, but I don't have the international permit, which I just happened to have in the rucksack with my passport as I was on the way back from a border run, so I showed him that too. It's current, but only providing that the actual Western Australian licence is current, which it is, but the card that shows it has a photo that makes me look like a clown, so I keep it hidden. The card I showed today was three years long expired.

Mai pen rai...

The funny thing is that the Western Australian licence is for a car.

Cars are expensive in Thailand. :)

there's not such a limit in thailand.

:) thank you, may it explain why so many accident by farangs renting a heavy machine

most farang, on holiday, renting a motorbike(small or big) dont have a Thai driver licence,

and many have no experience in driving one.

:) thank you, may it explain why so many accident by farangs renting a heavy machine

most farang, on holiday, renting a motorbike(small or big) dont have a Thai driver licence,

90% don't have a motorbike license in any country.

not understand what a kW is do u mean cc. there is not resrtition. i have a motor bike lisence in the u.km i managed to ugrade. both car and motor bike. they are vilide for a year then i have to re apply

that is true and bangkok hospital samui are have to clean up the mess for a small fortune!

not understand what a kW is do u mean cc. there is not resrtition. i have a motor bike lisence in the u.km i managed to ugrade. both car and motor bike. they are vilide for a year then i have to re apply

:) depend on country, some declare the power in kW = kilo Watt, others in hP / PS = horse Power and some simply in ccm = volume of Motor, cubic centimeters. Europe for driver license use usual limit of ccm

Edited by challenger99