Nows Theres A Strange Thing

doppa

the last couple of days, the cursor on my mac book, been darting all over the place, so as i've typed, the lines get mixed up with each other, or completely dissappear altogether, took it those nice people mac people, and lo and behold within 2 minutes, the solution, the battery has expanded, and was putting pressure through the back of the mac, onto the cursor area, causing the jumping around, add to that the guy said after a couple of years it's quite common, needless to say as i've typed this no jumping around with the battery removed.

but what causes the battery to expand?, at five and a half thousand bhat for a new one, which takes a month to arrive, someone somewhere within apple should be looking to cure it.

I had the same problem with my Macbook. I took it over to the Apple shop, and they checked it out, and found out it had a faulty part and had to send it to Singapore to have it repaired. It was back in my hands within 4 days.

relevance to CM?

erm something along the lines that i bought the mac in thailand, i live in chiangmai, i visited the mac shop which happens to be in chiangmai, found their service as usual upto scratch, and for any other mac users in chiangmai it's something to be aware of and maybe useful information, go take a pill.

I had the same problem with my Macbook. I took it over to the Apple shop, and they checked it out, and found out it had a faulty part and had to send it to Singapore to have it repaired. It was back in my hands within 4 days.

did they tell you what the fault was, and i'm guessing it was either still under warranty, or you'd taken out a mac. protection plan or whatever it's called.so when i buy my new battery am i to be expecting the same problem as before?, mmm might make enquiries about that.

That is fast service. So, why does it take a month to get a replacement battery? (the told me the same thing when my battery got fat). It is not an uncommon problem with MacBooks.

Replacement batteries are available in the Singapore Mac retail outlets.

That is fast service. So, why does it take a month to get a replacement battery? (the told me the same thing when my battery got fat). It is not an uncommon problem with MacBooks.

Replacement batteries are available in the Singapore Mac retail outlets.

well i think there covering there <deleted> a bit, but they reckon who they buy from in bangkok, tells them it's going to take a couple of weeks,so i guess they add another couple of weeks, then you get a call after 5 days to say it's here. well the macbooks have been available for so long now, it really shouldnt be a problem anymore, fair enough if it had only been out a few months , but not now, they should actually recall them and fix the prob, aye right then.

Had the same, connect a mouse and turn off the track pad in the system preferences. Got something to do with heat or moist.

OP, did you check where is your Mac made and where is the battery made?

The brand name may be there, but the quality may be not.

You know, 'same-same, but not the same' ! Chose carefully your stuff. The name brand isn't all these days. Sorry to say this, but it is a fact... :)

Had the same, connect a mouse and turn off the track pad in the system preferences. Got something to do with heat or moist.

OP, did you check where is your Mac made and where is the battery made?

The brand name may be there, but the quality may be not.

You know, 'same-same, but not the same' ! Chose carefully your stuff. The name brand isn't all these days. Sorry to say this, but it is a fact... :)

yep all original stuff, thankfully.

what causes the battery to expand?

Age. Like with people, really. :) Happens with phone batteries too. Chances are by the time it expands it doesn't hold much juice anymore anyway.

Apple parts are expensive, as you have noticed. A generic battery may be available. I don't have the information for Chiang Mai handy but someone might know the contact details of a company selling OEM / generic batteries in the right size. (And/or google it)

Now that is really a coincidence, I have a power Mac but for internet I use only my Acer Aspire one. SAME PHENOMENA !!!

Irrational jumping of cursor, putting letter at random, seem to occur only after some tying time.

Took it to Acer CM, new XP WIndows, no change , another shop , new XP = no change. Only for a while it seem better.

Expanded batterie?

Was about to through the thing away.

Any PC people in CM by chance reading this subject?

BTW = it seems to occur too when connected to the charger, same with MAC??

Edited by THAIPHUKET

The battery in my Macbook pro recently expanded to 2 times its original size. The good folks over at Mac wouldnt even look to see if there was a recall. Anyway I found a great seller on Ebay. Original battery,great price and they shipped it to me in Thailand,no problem.2,000baht including shipping and I received it in about a week.I sent you a pm.

cheers

Edited by PETDCAT