Som-o

sceadugenga

When the season is over I'm not sure what you can do scea. As for Northern Thai, it is quite possible that they have their own word for Som-o but it is definitely not in common use. Have never heard a Thai in Bangkok or the North call it anything but Som-o, perhaps followed by the more specific variety. Taste varies quite a bit depending on variety.

You may be out of luck until they are in season again. :)

Check any of the major supermarkets.

Most carry it already peeled and sectored.

More expensive but also more convenient.

Central and Paragon are perhaps a little out of reach from where scea lives. Think he should stick to the local produce markets.

(They are only more convenient if you don't have a wife or girlfriend who will peel them for you.) :)

Som-O or Pomelo can be dangerous if taken with alcohol. There are chemicals in it's juice that combines with booze to produce a poison which can induce severe vomiting. So, beware!

I've checked to see if is seasonal, no, it is available all year round, but I do think it is rather in short supply at this time of year.

Try the market adjoining the flower market you should find some there.

Oh wise old lannaman, the flower market was definitely on my list of hunting grounds.

Interesting what you say about Som-O and alcohol, not that I'm likely to combine the two as you know.

I remember when grapefruit juice and vodka was a popular cocktail.

Oh wise old lannaman, the flower market was definitely on my list of hunting grounds.

Interesting what you say about Som-O and alcohol, not that I'm likely to combine the two as you know.

I remember when grapefruit juice and vodka was a popular cocktail.

Not so much of the old please. I'm not a pensioner until Wednesday!