What No Rugby Forum!

In a game of two halves, Scotland spent forty minutes defending to deny Ireland the points that they deserved, and then in the second half took every opportunity to take scarcely deserved points to win 12 - 8 at Murrayfield.

Surprisingly, with their win in Italy, Wales will overtake Ireland in the IRB rankings, while Scotland drop to third in the Six Nations table on points difference behind Wales prior their visit to Murrayfield next week. Perhaps the final match between Scotland and France won't be a tussle over the wooden spoon.

EDIT: I'm sorry I missed the Princess Royal's introductions to the players

Princess Royal: "Gie 'em laldy, son, eh?"

Tim Visser "Yes, ma'am"

(to neighbour) "What did she say, Sean?"

Sean Lamont: "I thought she was speaking Dutch to you. Effed if I know!"

Edited by StreetCowboy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brillliant win, England. 23 - 13. Always makes me happy to be a Yorkshireman 1st, English 2nd wink.png

Grand Slam here we come?? Only those Welsh folk have a hope of stopping us!

yes p.we will be waiting,we will be singing CYM RHONDDA while you will be going over the bridge in your not so SWEET CHARIOTS tails between your legs.diolch yachi da.

Brillliant win, England. 23 - 13. Always makes me happy to be a Yorkshireman 1st, English 2nd

yes p.we will be waiting,we will be singing CYM RHONDDA while you will be going over the bridge in your not so SWEET CHARIOTS tails between your legs.diolch yachi da.

If your a real Yorkshireman,surely you should be supporting the true rugby.all my family consider this southern game to be ok for softies.

Brillliant win, England. 23 - 13. Always makes me happy to be a Yorkshireman 1st, English 2nd

If your a real Yorkshireman,surely you should be supporting the true rugby.all my family consider this southern game to be ok for softies.

You should have added "with a brain"biggrin.png

after 2weeks off its back on tomorrow,italy vs wales prediction bergomaster to be sent off if he plays.

england vs france eng.have some big boys,france dont seem in love with the game,so frogs will be hopping off.

sun.scot vs ire. could be a bonny day.[no joking]

Here's my two penneth

Wales to edge Italy---going into an early lead and holding on at the end

England to beat France------France will play better but England to beat them up front

Ireland to beat Scotland------Only just and think it will be high scoring

Yep, it's official. I know f*** all about rugby........outcomes

Irish supporters must be ahaking their heads in disbelief. I'm happy for the Scots, they were organised in defense and took their shots. A pity the Irish have only played well agains't the Welsh (for 45 mins), or it could have been a grand Slam decider against England. Next week will be hard for us as we have to be more intelligent to get through the passionate Scottish defense.

I can't help thinking that the French shot themselves in the foot with the changes they made, they were in with a shout of winning the game until they commited selection suicide. Robshaw is a great player, as is Tuilagi on his day. I suppose we will have another day of J.Roberts on full out defensive duty. England will stick loads of points on Italy, and lift the trophy, Wales will win in Cardiff to deny them the Grand Slam

admit I gave up at half-time and went to bed; my nephew was there and I'd said I'd look for him in the crowd . . . actually that may have been more interesting than much of the first 40. Went to bed fully expecting to read news of an Ireland win this morning, pleasant surprise and good for Scotland rugby.

Before tournament began, I would have picked France as winner. They are firmly at the wrong end of the table, just glad I am not a gambler as to date my picks have been . . .wrong!.

Irish supporters must be ahaking their heads in disbelief. I'm happy for the Scots, they were organised in defense and took their shots. A pity the Irish have only played well agains't the Welsh (for 45 mins), or it could have been a grand Slam decider against England. Next week will be hard for us as we have to be more intelligent to get through the passionate Scottish defense.

I can't help thinking that the French shot themselves in the foot with the changes they made, they were in with a shout of winning the game until they commited selection suicide. Robshaw is a great player, as is Tuilagi on his day. I suppose we will have another day of J.Roberts on full out defensive duty. England will stick loads of points on Italy, and lift the trophy, Wales will win in Cardiff to deny them the Grand Slam

what part of wales are you from lovely boy?if you travel up to edinburgh for the match next week you might be on your own.

Brillliant win, England. 23 - 13. Always makes me happy to be a Yorkshireman 1st, English 2nd wink.png

With our chariots on fire you will need more than a little ole dragon to beat us, methinks. And it will be that little red dragon that will be slayed by England. More like Puff the magic dragon ..... wink.png

You should have added "with a brain":D

Yorkshireman= strong in arm,thick in head.

You should have added "with a brain":D
Yorkshireman= strong in arm,thick in head.
You forgot the other bit that is thick tongue.png

Didn't see the game but apparently our chaps gave a master class in how to throw away points.whistling.gif

what part of wales are you from lovely boy?if you travel up to edinburgh for the match next week you might be on your own.

I'm from Cwmbran, and we get too excited about our rugby. I should have said next game but it's a bit far to go to Edinburgh for the game anyway. I used to love my New Years in Edinburgh.

I'm from Cwmbran, and we get too excited about our rugby. I should have said next game but it's a bit far to go to Edinburgh for the game anyway. I used to love my New Years in Edinburgh.

oh my buddha i must know you or at least the wf.knows your wf.that is if you have a th.partner,from newport you know.thats quite a few of us here,dont know where i can get fresh lamb do youthumbsup.gif .

and what part of yorkshire are you from cither?you know i was at kellingley pit for 7yrs.

does your partner make ash and stottie cake's,loverly after a belly full of john smiths.

and what part of yorkshire are you from cither?you know i was at kellingley pit for 7yrs.

does your partner make ash and stottie cake's,loverly after a belly full of john smiths.

The good old North Riding. Raised in Brotton / Ligdale / Saltburn areas. Great to be by the seaside. Family were all Ironstone miners before moving to the Goldthorpe / Mexborough area near Doncaster where they then worked in the coal mines after the ironstone mines were nearly all closed. Some stayed there and others moved back north.

Newcastle Brown Ale was our favourite tipple.

My other half cannot even boil a potato never mind make a stottie sad.png

My culinary skills are better - thankfully.

Yorkshire roots go back over 500 years which is why I'm happy to be Yorkshire 1st, English 2nd wink.png

Hell, we even helped to populate that strange place down under tongue.png

The good old North Riding. Raised in Brotton / Ligdale / Saltburn areas. Great to be by the seaside. Family were all Ironstone miners before moving to the Goldthorpe / Mexborough area near Doncaster where they then worked in the coal mines after the ironstone mines were nearly all closed. Some stayed there and others moved back north.

Newcastle Brown Ale was our favourite tipple.

My other half cannot even boil a potato never mind make a stottie sad.png

My culinary skills are better - thankfully.

Yorkshire roots go back over 500 years which is why I'm happy to be Yorkshire 1st, English 2nd wink.png

Hell, we even helped to populate that strange place down under tongue.png

now you have put my brain in overdrive[memories] 7yrs.of racing greyhounds in yksh.barnsley,donny,highgate,kinsley,stainforth,halifax,askern and whitwood some of the most enjoyable days of my life,along with horse racing and rugby league,and not forgetting fish and chips cooked in beef dripping.biggrin.png

Looking forward to Saturday, and a great weekend of rugby.

I might get up in the middle of the night for the Warrington - St Helens game, but the highlight will be Scotland Wales.

The other fora I frequent have been full of ill-natured bickering - the Welsh casting aspersions on Scott Johnston's capabilities, and everyone else complaining about Jonathan Davies' whining one-eyed Welsh commentary.

I'm anticipating a completely different game this weekend and it should be most entertaining - particularly if Scotland unleash their runners...

Oh - and England and Ireland are playing a bunch of Johnny Foreigners as well

SC

its crunch time we have to travel to edinburgh and we have to win so we can put some pressure on the boys from over the bridge who should have a stroll in the park on sunday.

irl.vs france thats goner be a bone cruncher surely france have got to win a game.

for me i think wales have a few class players so they should outscore the jocks, but that man johnston and he is not a scotwai.gif but a bloody good coach.

This weekend's 6N matches (Thai time/UK time)

09/03/13
9:30pm Scotland v Wales (2.30pm)
12 midnight Ireland v France (5.00pm)
10/03/13
10pm England v Italy (3.00pm)
Three home-team wins (but don't bet on that)

its crunch time we have to travel to edinburgh and we have to win so we can put some pressure on the boys from over the bridge who should have a stroll in the park on sunday.

irl.vs france thats goner be a bone cruncher surely france have got to win a game.

for me i think wales have a few class players so they should outscore the jocks, but that man johnston and he is not a scotwai.gif but a bloody good coach.

You're the first Welshman I'v heard praising Johnston. I'm looking forward to the game, debating whether to go over to the pub or watch it at home.

It was interesting to see Scotland playing a completely different game against Ireland than against Italy or England. It seemed to work, which suggests that someone somewhere has a lot of tactical nouse about them. At last.

SC

You're the first Welshman I'v heard praising Johnston. I'm looking forward to the game, debating whether to go over to the pub or watch it at home.

It was interesting to see Scotland playing a completely different game against Ireland than against Italy or England. It seemed to work, which suggests that someone somewhere has a lot of tactical nouse about them. At last.

SC

anyone who gets an invitation from one of the greatest coaches in rugby [graham henry] to help him deserves praise,how the ausies let him go is a mystery.i hope he gets no luck on sat and scotland send him back with the boyo's.rob howley wont complain.

taff.alias meatboy

just watching the game of all games in wellington1min.to go crusaders 28 vs hurricanes 29.

all over,what a game,carter,dagg,whitlock,reid, and they where in the loosing side.

tomorrow six nations scotland vs.wales thats put the fire in my belly have to cool it down with some ice cold cider.

taffs and jocks are welcome.

just watching the game of all games in wellington1min.to go crusaders 28 vs hurricanes 29.

all over,what a game,carter,dagg,whitlock,reid, and they where in the loosing side.

tomorrow six nations scotland vs.wales thats put the fire in my belly have to cool it down with some ice cold cider.

taffs and jocks are welcome.

I'm trying not to build up too much - but it all depends on whether I can get a good irn bru stock in for the game. If not, I'll be over the road to the pub probably. I think Scotland are more or less at full strength for the game, although Dave Denton is missing.

Looking forward to seeing what the tactics will be...

SC

^^^ enjoyed that Hurricanes win

Bad sport i know, but I support any team v Canterbury or Crusaders

Savea! certainly put Dagg in his place with one run, and a great game overall.

Good form from Beauden Barrett with seven kicks from seven after a poor return last week v Reds. Made all the difference as Crusaders 4 tries v Hurricanes 2.

Have friends going to Blues v Bulls in Auckland on Sunday, an afternoon 4pm match that should be a good one too, and expect they'll get a good crowd.

Its hoofing it down with rain now in Embra....weather will be atrocious tomorrow.

Such levelling conditions can only favour Scotland I reckon so....three in a row too much to ask?

tongue.png

so it looks like you need your wellies and mack and dont forget a hankie.cheesy.gif max boyce singing hymns and arias for wales,

ken dod singing tears,no happiness for smokie.

Its hoofing it down with rain now in Embra....weather will be atrocious tomorrow.

Such levelling conditions can only favour Scotland I reckon so....three in a row too much to ask?

tongue.png

so it looks like you need your wellies and mack ....

You're obsessed with sex!

Baah!

Concentrate on the rugby, man...

SC

SC

anyone who gets an invitation from one of the greatest coaches in rugby [graham henry] to help him deserves praise,how the ausies let him go is a mystery.i hope he gets no luck on sat and scotland send him back with the boyo's.rob howley wont complain.

taff.alias meatboy

I like this guy as a coach, and was happy when he stepped in for Ruddock, but his loyalty seems a bit suspect to me. He seems to think for himself a bit too much. this is purely my opinion and just a gut feeling. I've never figured out what happened with Rudduck, i think there was talk of an affair (hopefully not with Barney), but I'm still not sure