Uplifting

stuandchris

For all our moaning over little things please read this and then play the link.

This is what we can be like as humans, enjoy and if you don't shed a tear you have serious issues!

You have to read this story, and then watch the video! And I bet you pass it on…..

The Story

A son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?'

The father who, despite having a heart condition said 'yes.' They went on to complete the marathon together.

Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying 'yes' to his son's request of going through the race together.

One day, the son asked his father, 'Dad, let's join the Ironman together.' To which, his father said 'yes' too.

For those who don't know, the Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a

2.4 mile (3.86 kilometers) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometers) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometers) marathon along the coast of the Big Island. The father and son went on to complete the race together.

NOW WATCH THIS VIDEO and view this race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJMbk9dtpdY

Sort of reminds me of the Special Olympics, an event which I never really understood the point of.

If you've worked with people who have a physical disability, or have a stigmatized illness like leprosy or AIDS, you learn that what these people really want is to be accepted as ordinary, everyday folks.

They don't need to be glorified or cried over...just a feeling that they belong.

I surely hope the subject of the video has that where he lives -- he shouldn't need to do the Ironman thing to get there.