Bkk: Looking To Rent Minibus With Reliable Driver

farrol

Hello,

can somebody recommend a reliable minibus service with driver for a day trip from Bangkok to Samut Songkhram (Mae Klong, Dalat Nam Amphawa ...), 3 or 4 passengers.

Just looking for minivan and reasonable driver, no tour guide required.

Cheers, Farrol

If you speak Thai (or are accompanied by someone who does), you should simply go to one of the van dispatchers at the Victory Monument or Century Place. I have never chartered one of these vans, but use their scheduled services quite often. To my observation, the drivers are employed on a casual, paid by the trip basis - they are not on an hourly salary. They could probably find you a driver who would be willing to take you wherever you want to go, on say 24 hours notice. I wouldn't worry too much about reliability; in several years of using them, I only had a problem once. Again, as long as you speak Thai reasonably well, and the guy shows up for departure on time, I don't see too much that can go wrong.

Ring Mr Tom on 0811994743, I have been using him, and his drivers, for over 7 years.

Clean vehicles, intelligent, polite drivers. Mostly speak some English and always know the route well. Mr Tom speaks perfect English and can be contacted immediately if you need any form of assistance.

Most importantly, the drivers are used to driving foreigners and have regard to road safety and speed safety.