Girls Point Of View - Are Prostitutes Annoying?

GummyBear

smooth talker :)

Anyway, I have to say that I think if the guy is glassy eyed as hazo seems to think, then it very likely depends on the guy. If you want my honest opinion ,having seen quite literally hundreds if not thousands of (younger) tourist couples over the years. not every guy is like you and not every guy is necessarily interested. Shock and horror, some guys even meet the (farang) woman of their dreams in Thailand, know more than a few of those. And, even more astonishing, is I know loads of people who come to Thailand and don't find the women interesting! I even met one young guy from Canada (I think) who complained quite loudly about how much he disliked being harassed by all the bar girls. Said he was not interested and didn't like the fact that he couldn't walk anywhere without being bothered. Perhaps not the norm but then, it is food for thought that maybe not everyone in the world thinks the same way you do.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, I have to say that I think if the guy is glassy eyed as hazo seems to think, then it very likely depends on the guy. If you want my honest opinion ,having seen quite literally hundreds if not thousands of (younger) tourist couples over the years. not every guy is like you and not every guy is necessarily interested. Shock and horror, some guys even meet the (farang) woman of their dreams in Thailand, know more than a few of those. And, even more astonishing, is I know loads of people who come to Thailand and don't find the women interesting! I even met one young guy from Canada (I think) who complained quite loudly about how much he disliked being harassed by all the bar girls. Said he was not interested and didn't like the fact that he couldn't walk anywhere without being bothered. Perhaps not the norm but then, it is food for thought that maybe not everyone in the world thinks the same way you do.

Remember, Mark is speaking with over 500 years' experience...

QUOTE:

Thailand hasn’t changed much. There were the same % of pay for play ladies in the 1500’s, 1930’s or 1950’s. The only thing that has changed is the population. In the 1500’s, 1930’s or 1950’s almost all the visitors to Thailand were men so no one asked the same kind of questions as the OP.

Thailand now has the same kind of reputation as Shanghai in the 1930’s. I can’t for the life of me see why a woman would want to come here. I understand and have read about why women went to Shanghai in the 1930’s and I completely agree with those reasons. I don’t know the demographics of this forum but I would imagine it is 95 men to five women. I know the guys come for the mineral springs but, hey why are those five ladies here?

END

SC

lol, yes totally right. Just like I didn't get hit on by a younger hot farang guy on Wednesday night whilst we were surrounded by all the thai women, bg & non who are all prepared to drop draws for him for just being farang??? :D

I actually find it quite offensive to thai women too, to imply that they are all so easy that just they are all waiting to hit on anything western & male. :)

I suspect it depends on where you live.

Living on Phuket I have to agree with Mark 100% - the women couldn't give a toss whether he's married or not, they WILL hit on anything "Western & male".

Having said that, if you're only here on holiday you should be fine - the women desperately trying trying to take your b/f don't stand a chance as long as you're together.

But you have to admit that most tourists in Phuket are (ordinary) couples. Just look at the beaches. And they are not interested in that kind of nightlife at all. So it is in Koh Lanta and all the islands, Krabi, Khanom and Samui, KPG, Koh Tao...

I don’t doubt you for a minute. I met the woman of my dreams here. She is Swiss. But it is not my point to dwell on my personal experiences.

My only thought was to mention that Thailand is a male oriented vacation spot for British and Australian nationals. And that for the naive male visitor it can be a life changing experience.

A lot of Japanese and Korean men come here too. Far more than Japanese and Korean women but Japanese and Koreans very rarely marry outside their own culture so there is little danger for them.

I saw a Russian family at the mall today. They were completely oblivious to their surroundings. The women were drop dead good looking and dressed like strippers. I doubt if the husbands ever give Thai women a second glance. I don’t think Russian women have much to fear from Thai women.

I think, given all the troubles facing a normal marriage in the West anyway it is prudent to avoid bringing your husband to Thailand. It plants that seed in his mind that if everything goes bottoms up he can always return to Thailand and spend his time bingeing and booming his sorrow away under the hot Thai sun.

Besides gay men there are straight men who are looking for a balanced relationship with friendship, intelligence and trust playing a large part in the conjugal mix. But I wouldn’t bet they are a majority.

I think, given all the troubles facing a normal marriage in the West anyway it is prudent to avoid bringing your husband to Thailand. It plants that seed in his mind that if everything goes bottoms up he can always return to Thailand and spend his time bingeing and booming his sorrow away under the hot Thai sun.

Besides gay men there are straight men who are looking for a balanced relationship with friendship, intelligence and trust playing a large part in the conjugal mix. But I wouldn’t bet they are a majority.

Ok, your opinion, but totally twisted. Because it seems that you cannot accept the fact that millions of happily married couples make a vacation here without any second thoughts about the local bar scene.

And, there are many expats here as well who never go to places like Nana.... I for one.

KNOW WHAT lordsux....????

not everyone, not every couple, married or not yet married....

would enjoy intimacy outside of their loved ones....

on the other hands.... i guess.... there are men and women who would do just that for more reasons than one.... LOL :)

Seeing as the OP has already made the decision to visit one of the sex-for-sale meccas of the world, then maybe it would be a good opportunity to live out some of the sexual fantasies that you or your boyfriend may have. They could only be a barfine away :D For sure it could make an unforgettable holiday for the both of you.

lol, yes totally right. Just like I didn't get hit on by a younger hot farang guy on Wednesday night whilst we were surrounded by all the thai women, bg & non who are all prepared to drop draws for him for just being farang??? :D

I actually find it quite offensive to thai women too, to imply that they are all so easy that just they are all waiting to hit on anything western & male. :)

Living on Phuket I have to agree with Mark 100% - the women couldn't give a toss whether he's married or not, they WILL hit on anything "Western & male".

Having said that, if you're only here on holiday you should be fine - the women desperately trying trying to take your b/f don't stand a chance as long as you're together.

FIFANATIC....

sorry, buddy....

i disagreed with you over 100% on what you said.... that

THE WOMEN COULD'T GIVE A TOSS WHETHER HE'S MARRIED OR NOT, THEY WILL HIT ON ANYTHING 'WESTERN & MALE'....

we were in phuket in mixed company.... and as much as i disliked phuket for many numerous reasons, and even though several relatives owned several hotels, restaurants, bars et cetera....

the many working local women we encoutered in different bars.... did not behave themselves as you described....

most would smile and would try to entice you.... but when you announced that ....

MEE FAN LEAW

(got girlfriend, husband, wife already)....

they would not bother you any further....

your spurious assumption is a little bit too overly simplified and self-interested, friend....

in this case, i would be more inclined to side with boo's opinion that it is rather offensive to lump thai women up like that....

:D

Edited by nakachalet

• 4 weeks later...
I dont want to go back over things to explain myself..so may i just say that i dont actually mind at all who is balding or bad breathed or beer bellied or ANYTHING.. no matter how a man looks, if he is a gentleman, that will always shine through. I have male friends of all ages, and some of them do have a personal life that involves bargirls, but thats not my business. They never talk about that side (why would they? Decent men dont feel the need to broadcast their sex lives), and i never ask. I, like most women, always appreciate good manners in men, and will always reciprocate with a smile and friendliness in return. Thats all that matters.

Anyway..as for bargirls, and if they are annoying or not, im sure the OP probably has a good idea about what to expect now..albeit buried in amongst all our off-topic replies.

i have a short and sweet story on just what the OP posted, i had been coming to thailand for about 4 years, did all the Pattaya and Phuket wild party thing, anyway i met this girl american,, when working in Iraq, she wanted to come with another couple from work,i tell her no, she insist,, so we go,,it was the vacation from hel_l,, i will say this, it depends on the couple, how they react to that kind of scene, the other couple was fine, they had a great time, laughting it up, girls all around the table, girls sitting on the ladys lap, danciiing touching her,, it was all good for them,, but me,, i couldn;t look at one,, she went crazy, i would look down at the table, she say i looking in the mirror up the skirt,, my god,, so,,, my son just happend to be in Pattaya same time, he was going to fly over the Koh Samui where we were for the full moon party,,so,, after 4-5 days of a 3 week holiday,, i said bye bye baby, caught me a flight to Pattaya and hooked up with my son and enjoyed the rest of my trip.. some people cannot handle there mate being around all those girls,, some can,, you should already know if you can handle it or not,, pulll up Pattaya online and see,, crazy and Phuket just a little smaller,, cheers

Each time i have gone on holiday to Thailand i have gone with male friends. I am their sister. I have been around the bars etc with them and have tried to keep them on the straight and narrow. I love to party as well.

One time i was on Samui by myself for two weeks before they arrived. I had a great time, met up with people i had known the year before etc. when my male western friends arrived they were worried about me - but no. here i was, basking on the beach, reading books, having made new friends etc.

I had my agenda fixed for at least a week. We met up for drinks and dinner and basically got on with our lives. I also had a sort of holiday romance with a canadian guy.

Us Western women do no abhor the bar scene, we understand. And I quite liked going out on the town with my friends and their "girlfriends", we had a laugh.

That's what holidays are about - letting your hair down... and, perhaps, blinkering yourself to what your mates get up to on vacation.

They said they had never seen me so relaxed and giggly in years.

Each time i have gone on holiday to Thailand i have gone with male friends. I am their sister. I have been around the bars etc with them and have tried to keep them on the straight and narrow. I love to party as well.

One time i was on Samui by myself for two weeks before they arrived. I had a great time, met up with people i had known the year before etc. when my male western friends arrived they were worried about me - but no. here i was, basking on the beach, reading books, having made new friends etc.

I had my agenda fixed for at least a week. We met up for drinks and dinner and basically got on with our lives. I also had a sort of holiday romance with a canadian guy.

Us Western women do no abhor the bar scene, we understand. And I quite liked going out on the town with my friends and their "girlfriends", we had a laugh.

That's what holidays are about - letting your hair down... and, perhaps, blinkering yourself to what your mates get up to on vacation.

They said they had never seen me so relaxed and giggly in years.

That relaxed, non-judgemental attitude is why we all love yah, Patsycat. It reflects in almost all of your posts... even when you are "jousting" with us blokes. :)

If you are a man alone and just want a drink without being hit on by numerous girls I used to just tell them I had A jealous Thai wife This worked and so long as you bought beer you were welcome at the bars and the girls would relax and hold a sensible conversation with you instead of the usual " Handsome man where are you from ? " routine

You only get problems if you look at the girls as prostitutes and not human beings with problems.

Most farangs cannot ( or will not ) see any further than their d..ks

But you have to be streetwise enough not to believe the stories about dying or sick mothers " I am working here because I need money for our sick cow which needs an operation " etc etc :)

yes, they are everywhere in the nightlife streets! But there are some places without prostitutes, or where they are less visible.

Like higher class clubs for example.

About half-naked people, please bear in mind that it is a hot country, most female tourists are half naked too.

You will be happy to learn that couples are usually left alone.

My wife and I think that the spectacle is entertaining to see.

She loves to speak with ladyboys, somehow.

There’s always a reason why girls like to ‘talk’ to lady boys……….My wife doesn’t.

Well here's another post.

I believe in live and let live and I wonder whether the sex industry in Thailand is really all that much bigger than many other countries, just more open.

But the real purpose of my post is to share one almost daily experience.

I live in Bangkok in a popular area. Every day I walk past a small shopfront not far from my condo which has about 6 to 8 'massage girls' sitting out the front, always dressed in very short shirts, tops, etc. There are no other similar places anywhere near this location.

I'm not complaining about that fact that they are there, but most times I am walking with / holding hands with my 5 year old granddaughter. Also my Thai adult son very often walks past holding hands with his Thai wife and often with their daughter (my granddaughter). The 'massage girls' don't let up, and many times they have even quickly walked out and stood right in front of me or my son and tried their sales pitch and we have to dance around them.

That I don't like.

8>< SNIP (possibly a bit inappropriate, given the context) NESTED QUOTES DELETED ><8

There's always a reason why girls like to 'talk' to lady boys……….My wife doesn't.

? What reason?

A lady-friend of mine was jealous of their fabulous breasts, and liked to feel them, but I don't think that is the norm?

SC

I actually find it quite offensive to thai women too, to imply that they are all so easy that just they are all waiting to hit on anything western & male. :D

FIFANATIC....

sorry, buddy....

i disagreed with you over 100% on what you said.... that

THE WOMEN COULD'T GIVE A TOSS WHETHER HE'S MARRIED OR NOT, THEY WILL HIT ON ANYTHING 'WESTERN & MALE'....

we were in phuket in mixed company.... and as much as i disliked phuket for many numerous reasons, and even though several relatives owned several hotels, restaurants, bars et cetera....

the many working local women we encoutered in different bars.... did not behave themselves as you described....

most would smile and would try to entice you.... but when you announced that ....

MEE FAN LEAW

(got girlfriend, husband, wife already)....

they would not bother you any further....

your spurious assumption is a little bit too overly simplified and self-interested, friend....

in this case, i would be more inclined to side with boo's opinion that it is rather offensive to lump thai women up like that....

:D

NAKACHALET!

Even if I was the only woman having experienced this, I would not be 100% wrong!

As I said in a previous post, if the woman is with her husband - the prostitutes will leave him alone. Its only when the man is going to bars on his own they make a bee-line (as for any other punter).

My ex's girlfriend clearly knew he was married as she came to our house to give me a massage whilst we were still together! She obviously didn't care.

I also now know I'm not alone as I know 3 other Western women whose husbands have been stupid enough to believe their new Thai g/f's 'love them too much' cos they are 'so hansum'. :)

Edited by F1fanatic