Non Immigrant Visa O - Thai Embassy In Manila

I was granted a Non immigrant visa O 5 times before in Europe.

In my current passport I have to two times visa and my last visa O is

expiring in two weeks. Visting my friends in the Philippines I took the opportunity

to visit the Thai embassy in Legaspi Village in Makati.

I dressed up nicely and had all the documents ready.

Although I am only turning 49 years old this month I was granted the Non immigrant Retirement Visa O

5 times before because I pass the financial requirements ( more than 800K bath on a Thai bank account).

The Thai embassy is run by Philippinos so I was afraid that things might not go well like most things are a big

problem in The Philippines. My application was refused for many reasons which are made up by these Philipinos:

1) They did not want to give a Non immigrant visa O because my last Visa was not expired yet ( due in two weeks)

2) They did not want to give a Non immigrant visa O because I was not a Philippino.

3) They mentioned that I could never have a Non immigrant visa O because that is only if you are married to a Thai.

They said I got the wrong visa 5 times because I t should have gotten an O E visa ??

4) I mentioned that the only important requirement is that you have more than 800K bath was completely ignored

5) I ask to speak the the Counsellor in charge which was refused and later I was mentioned that this person was in a meeting.

I bought a house in Thailand 6 month ago ( 15 mln bath). So now it is a problem to get my Non immigrant visa O.

They told me that I should go back to Holland and apply with the Thai embassy there. When I mentioned that in all Thai embassies the same law apply, the Philippino staff mentioned that they only care about in Philippino law. That is exactly problem !!

If somebody else has experience with the Thaoi embassy in Manila than I am very interested to hear about it.

A retirement visa is a non immigrant OA and I am sure you have not been issued such a visa if under age 50.

A non immigrant O multi entry visa can be issued for a number of reasons - the most common is Thai spouse or child. It appears your Europe consulate gave you it for having a show of 800k in a bank account (which is not normal).

You will not obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa closer than Perth (with copy of ID card of a Thai). Until you are over age 50 you do not qualify for retirement visa or extension of stay.

If you bought a condo for 15 million baht you could check if it qualifies for extension of stay. But you say a house and land can not be owned by a foreigner so if a work around was used it is likely not legal for an extension of stay.

A retirement visa is a non immigrant OA and I am sure you have not been issued such a visa if under age 50.

A non immigrant O multi entry visa can be issued for a number of reasons - the most common is Thai spouse or child. It appears your Europe consulate gave you it for having a show of 800k in a bank account (which is not normal).

You will not obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa closer than Perth (with copy of ID card of a Thai). Until you are over age 50 you do not qualify for retirement visa or extension of stay.

If you bought a condo for 15 million baht you could check if it qualifies for extension of stay. But you say a house and land can not be owned by a foreigner so if a work around was used it is likely not legal for an extension of stay.

I have a retirement visa O since I am 41 years old. Never had a problem only showing more than 800K bath on a Thai bank account.

I am shareholder of a Thai company that owns the house were I live.

If you are right than it is better not to live in Thailand or buy a house till you are 50 years old :)

You have never had a retirement visa - you have had a multi entry non immigrant O (other) visa that allows up to 90 day stay on each entry. No Consulate in the area of Thailand will issue such a visa for just a show of money (that I am aware of). I suspect you have been getting this visa from the same Consulate in Europe.

As for your house it is a very gray area as if you set up a company for the perchance of a house it would likely be considered illegal (as done to circumvent Thai laws preventing foreign ownership of land).

As said by Lopburi - most likely you have a one year Non-O with multi entries - each time you enter Thailand you can stay a maximum of 90 days at which time you will have to exit the country and re-enter to get another 90 days.

You have never had Non-OA visa aka Retirement visa as it is only issued for anyone at the age of 50 or older.

I have been on a Non-O visa for the past 3 years and never asked to proof that I have 800K baht in the bank.