Excrement Bags Lobbed Into Compound Of Abhisit's House

webfact

They key issue is that Democrats alone don't have the majority. They need the small parties to form a majority government. Now, the people that voted for the small parties thought they were voting for allies of Thaksin, because before they jumped ship and joined the Democrats, the smaller parties were allies of Thaksin. So really, the Thai people were deceived, because they thought that by voting for their small parties, in the end they were voting for the Thaksin government.

Watch the next election (if there ever is one again in Thailand) and then come back to this post. Any pro-Thaksin party (Puea Thai or other) will win by a landslide, while Democrats will get a small percentage and the small parties will be nearly wiped off the map because of their betrayal of their voters.

Please tell me:

If the people really wanted to vote for "Thaksin's" party in the last elections, then why didn't they vote for the PPP rather than the smaller ones?

If Thaksin is truly loved and supported by the majority of Thais, then why did he need to align himself with the same old corrupt power block, and Suchinda supporters, of Chavalit, Banharn, Narong, Newin, Chalerm et al right from the start, including buying out whole parties of MP's, and then feel the need to cheat as well? (I realise that some of these are now in the Democrat camp, but this question is about the perceived popularity of Thaksin back in his heyday). In all 3 elections (2001, 2005 and 2007), people have voted for a non TRT or PPP candidate in many constituencies, only to have that candidate join the TRT / PPP coalition. Should these people feel agrieved by this? Should they have been protesting that they didn't want the TRT / PPP in power, but the person they voted for instead has now joined with them? Surely, if these people truly wanted Thaksin they would have voted TRT or PPP?

Do you really understand how a coalition based parliament works? Say there are three parties: Party x gets 49% of the vote, party y gets 30% and party z 21%. Traditionally, party x will see if it can form a government with either y or z, but if it fails there is nothing to stop parties y and z from forming the government themselves. Ignorance and sour grapes from supporters of party x have no effect on the legality of the outcome.

If immediate elections are truely the answer, please tell us how they can be guaranteed to be fair - no vote buying, no voter intimidation, and all sides freely able to campaign throughout the country? At the moment, the biggest thing standing in the way of elections is the threatened, and in many cases, very real, violence and intimidation of the red shirts towards non Thaksin campaigners. Please also tell us why they are the answer right now; why not wait until after the outcome of arguably the biggest trial in recent Thai history, and why not wait until the country has fully recovered from the global recession?

I'd be interested to see your, or anyone elses, answers to these.

Because people like voting for their smaller local parties. I don't know why, it's human nature. But the majority of people that voted for these small parties knew very well that they supported Thaksin. If they didn't agree with Thaksin and his allies, they could have voted for the Democrats.

As for if new elections, obviously it can't be guaranteed that there won't be vote buying. But don't forget that the Democrats were accused of vote buying too. The difference is that they weren't disqualified by the EC as they did with Thai Rak Thai and PPP. The EC basically had a gun to their heads by the military coup government. In the end, the vote buying is irrelevant.

The military will never accept a pro-Thaksin government and any election that ends up with a pro-Thaksin government winning will result in accusations of vote buying and finally another coup. Now you tell me, is that democracy? It's not. Democracy is when people vote for a government. The people of Thailand, as much as you hate it, have voted for Thaksin in every single past election. The problem is that an elite minority can't accept the will of the majority of the Thai people.

Current Foreign Minster Kasit (a dedicated yellow-shirt airport-hugger) even said that the poor north/north-eastern voters should not have a right to vote because they don't know who they're voting for. Back then he wasn't Foreign Minister yet. After that comment, Abhisit made him Foreign Minister. That's like then-Senator Hillary Clinton saying that black people shouldn't be allowed to vote because they don't know who they're voting for, and then Obama making her Secretary of State. See what I mean?

I'm sorry, but the current government isn't worth more than a pile of Soi doggy poop. Just look at Thailand's human rights record under Abhisit. A disgrace.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Current Foreign Minster Kasit (a dedicated yellow-shirt airport-hugger) even said that the poor north/north-eastern voters should not have a right to vote because they don't know who they're voting for. Back then he wasn't Foreign Minister yet. After that comment, Abhisit made him Foreign Minister.

I don't remember this. Could you provide a reference please?

I tend to support Abhisit, but believe appointing Kasit as Foreign Minister was his biggest mistake.

But Abhisit has made it quite clear that he doesn't want to negotiate with Thaksin.

I think Abhisit's standpoint is clear. It is that Thaksin must first do what he claimed he would do when legal proceedings started against him - and that is to accept the court's rulings. Whether he thinks they are fair or not is neither here nor there. That's not the way the justice system works. If it did, how many criminals would accept punishment?

Thaksin will pour money into election advertising to secure electoral victory again.

And is that what he means by 'democracy', using his (or other peoples') money to buy yet another election, can't you see why some farangs might view these tactics as profoundly un-democratic ? :D

Those minor parties pre-election were mostly anti-Thaksin, and promised their supporters no post-election deals with the PPP, however they were later 'persuaded' (anybody for lunch-boxes ?) to join the PPP-coalition, for a while. Although I recall promises that they wouldn't allow a white-wash of the cases against DL, and similar guff, in mitigation.

Now they have switched back again, not very democratic by Western standards, but that's the way coalition-politics works here. Not totally clean, but cleaner than shit-bags over the garden-wall, which suggests a degree of desperation amongst the throwers. :)

:) Thought this thread was about poop!

MEANWHILE

"The camera footage showed that the accomplices had surveyed the site and a Land Rover dropped the attacker near the premier's residence on Sukhumvit Road."

and ta plot thickens

"Meanwhile security at the residence of Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva has been beefed up with more special police and K-9 dogs."

What kind of security is provided at the PM HQ these days?

K-9 dogs seems a bit over the top for a HOS

"Meanwhile, a man who won the "Real Fan" award for the motorcycle category of the TV programme has been summoned to look at closed-circuit TV footage of the person who threw muck at the PM's house, who was on a motorcycle."

experts have been brought in!!!!!!!!!!! To help with inquiries............

Did they use a Land Rover or MB?? or may be put the MB on the LD and of loaded it off "Knight Rider" or "James Bond" style with a ramp mounted to the back of the LD????

One has to hand it to the red shirts for subtlety and craft.

So the shitflicker arrived in a Land Rover no less, quite hard to trace or maybe it was some poo yai's Range Rover, perhaps bright yellow in color. Should keep the BIB busy for a few days. :D

Bags of faeces and or fermented fish.... Most people don't even think this low.

So it is not at all illogical that it was a red shirt tactic.

Yellow shirts had bottles of stale urine ready to use if attacked during airport seizure :)

Although we don't know exactly who tossed faeces at Abhisits house, it sounds like someone was copying a YELLOW shirt tactic.

For people who got a regular, nightly treatment of M79 grenades and 'explosive' tear gas canisters, the PAD needs to resort to something to protect themselves, even if it was only stale urine.

Current Foreign Minster Kasit (a dedicated yellow-shirt airport-hugger) even said that the poor north/north-eastern voters should not have a right to vote because they don't know who they're voting for. Back then he wasn't Foreign Minister yet. After that comment, Abhisit made him Foreign Minister.

I tend to support Abhisit, but believe appointing Kasit as Foreign Minister was his biggest mistake.

Totally agreed! Kasit is way too soft.

Totally agreed! Kasit is way too soft.

Actually, other people said this as part of a general discussion,

and Kasit is not recorded to agree with this at any time, nor to be there at that time,

that I have ever seen or heard, at least not heard until this spurious outburst...

Where is the actual documentary evidence for this charge?

The idea was never taken as PAD platform,

it was just PART OF, ONE OF MANY IDEAS, they talked of one night.

But the red side continuously tries to say essentially :

ANYONE ever siding with PAD at any time

no matter how little or how much they might have agreed,

ALL uniformly agreed with this proposal

to purposely disenfranchise all up country voters,

as PAD platform to get politics back on track.

On face value it is absurd and inflammatory.

The inflammatory part is why they keep trying to use it.

This is of course utter <deleted>, it got less than a short weeks discusison,

it was thrown out as unjust by PAD, Kasit was not seen on the stages during this

and it has only continued to be discused because RED sympathizers keep using this

as an argument against being against their aims.

Sorry you can paint you opponents black as tar,

but lies won't stick in the long run.

I agree, appointing Kasit as FM was a mistake after he stood on the airport stage,

even though he was well qualified for the job. Kuhn Tej would have been a much better choice,

but no doubt didn't want the job. But there is enough ammo to attack Kasit with,

without resorting to unsubstantiated outright lies....

Then again people who would throw bags of faeces at their political opponents

are not doubt thinking only throwing lies will not be sufficient...

Edited by animatic

That's not the way the justice system works. If it did, how many criminals would accept punishment?

You mean Thailand's justice system? :)

Like I said, the verdict was decided before the case even went to court.

Hmmmm exactly how many times will you impugn the character of the senior judges in Thailand?

Strangely the guy you are defending said he trusted the judges here. Of course then he ran away and then his lawyers got caught passing the pastry money.

:) Thought this thread was about poop!

MEANWHILE

"The camera footage showed that the accomplices had surveyed the site and a Land Rover dropped the attacker near the premier's residence on Sukhumvit Road."

and ta plot thickens

"Meanwhile security at the residence of Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva has been beefed up with more special police and K-9 dogs."

What kind of security is provided at the PM HQ these days?

K-9 dogs seems a bit over the top for a HOS

"Meanwhile, a man who won the "Real Fan" award for the motorcycle category of the TV programme has been summoned to look at closed-circuit TV footage of the person who threw muck at the PM's house, who was on a motorcycle."

experts have been brought in!!!!!!!!!!! To help with inquiries............

Did they use a Land Rover or MB?? or may be put the MB on the LD and of loaded it off "Knight Rider" or "James Bond" style with a ramp mounted to the back of the LD????

One has to hand it to the red shirts for subtlety and craft.

So the shitflicker arrived in a Land Rover no less, quite hard to trace or maybe it was some poo yai's Range Rover, perhaps bright yellow in color. Should keep the BIB busy for a few days. :D

More likely to belong to one of the red shirts leaders, they're doing very well financially these days, Weera even sends his children to learn abroad.

What are they going to do if Thaksin gives up funding them?

That's not the way the justice system works. If it did, how many criminals would accept punishment?

You mean Thailand's justice system? :)

How ridiculous that you laugh at the Thai justice system but defend the man who attempted to bribe the court.

Like I said, the verdict was decided before the case even went to court.

And like i said, no matter how much whinging you or Mr Thaksin wants to do because the court had the audacity to find him guilty, it makes not one iota of difference. If Thaksin was unsatisfied with the court's decision, there was a legal process open to him. He should have stayed and fought. And if he thought the cards were stacked against him, he should have reasoned with himself that in all fairness, those cards had been heavily stacked in his favour for the previous four or five years - he had made sure of that - and so... what goes around, comes around. But instead he fled like the self-serving little coward that he is. And still the whinging continues....

Pathetic.

They key issue is that Democrats alone don't have the majority. They need the small parties to form a majority government. Now, the people that voted for the small parties thought they were voting for allies of Thaksin, because before they jumped ship and joined the Democrats, the smaller parties were allies of Thaksin. So really, the Thai people were deceived, because they thought that by voting for their small parties, in the end they were voting for the Thaksin government.

Watch the next election (if there ever is one again in Thailand) and then come back to this post. Any pro-Thaksin party (Puea Thai or other) will win by a landslide, while Democrats will get a small percentage and the small parties will be nearly wiped off the map because of their betrayal of their voters.

No, the small parties did not campaign as allies for Thaksin, that is an outright distortion of history.

And no, they other parties will not be wiped out in the next election. To assume so is to expose your lack of knowledge of the system here.

Sorry to drag this thread back up, but some things refuse to be flushed. And, as more shit is flung at Ahisit here than by any amount of Land Rover driving, motorcycle riding mutants, I'd say any attempt to counter it fits in well with the topic.

Because people like voting for their smaller local parties. I don't know why, it's human nature. But the majority of people that voted for these small parties knew very well that they supported Thaksin. If they didn't agree with Thaksin and his allies, they could have voted for the Democrats.

At least you had a go at answering this question. Please provide proof that "the majority of people that voted for these small parties knew very well that they supported Thaksin". Again, I ask, why didn't they just vote for the PPP or TRT? If you look at the list of MP's from the last few elections you will see the same names over and over again, each time under different parties, whether they be Chart Thai, NAP, TRT, PPP, PTP, BJT or any other. This suggests that many, if not most, people have continually voted for the same candidate, time and time again, without caring what party s/he represents. They vote for the local wo/man not the party.

As for if new elections, obviously it can't be guaranteed that there won't be vote buying. But don't forget that the Democrats were accused of vote buying too. The difference is that they weren't disqualified by the EC as they did with Thai Rak Thai and PPP. The EC basically had a gun to their heads by the military coup government. In the end, the vote buying is irrelevant.

Glad you think it's irrelevant. I guess the EC can stand down now. Rather than answer the question you choose to follow the same tired old line of "others did it too", and "it's not fair that Thaksin is singled out". I never singled out any one side when I asked how vote buying could be dealt with (you seem to deal with it by allowing it to happen which shows your true thoughts on democracy). You also avoided the rest of the question, in that how can a free and fair election take place when candidates of all sides are unable to freely campaign throughout the country? And why is it so imperative that elections be held right now? The sour grapes is reminicent of the current TEA movement in the US, to which Sarah Palin is lending support. Should the US hold elections right now because of a few thousand protestors? Should Abhisit hold elections right now because of a few thousand protestors? Should he hold elections right now because of increasingly shrill threats of violence?

The military will never accept a pro-Thaksin government and any election that ends up with a pro-Thaksin government winning will result in accusations of vote buying and finally another coup. Now you tell me, is that democracy? It's not. Democracy is when people vote for a government. The people of Thailand, as much as you hate it, have voted for Thaksin in every single past election. The problem is that an elite minority can't accept the will of the majority of the Thai people.

Your last sentence is true. An elite minority of one (Thaksin) certainly can't accept the will of the majority of the Thai people. Democracy is not "when people vote for a government", that is just one part of a democracy. Democracy is all about no man being above the law, a free and fair judiciary, and a series of checks to stop any person, no matter how many votes he may have got, from abusing the system. In that way, Thailand has never been a democracy, and still has a very long way to go. Despite what many posters here would have us believe, Thaksin was not taking the country any faster towards a democracy. It could well be argued that he was doing the exact opposite; by concentrating the power in one man, by refusing to take responsibility for his actions, by undermining the judiciary and by believing himself to be above the law. He still insists on the last, by making a pardon for all his crimes the key part of any reconciliation deal.

Current Foreign Minster Kasit (a dedicated yellow-shirt airport-hugger) even said that the poor north/north-eastern voters should not have a right to vote because they don't know who they're voting for. Back then he wasn't Foreign Minister yet. After that comment, Abhisit made him Foreign Minister. That's like then-Senator Hillary Clinton saying that black people shouldn't be allowed to vote because they don't know who they're voting for, and then Obama making her Secretary of State. See what I mean?

I'm sorry, but the current government isn't worth more than a pile of Soi doggy poop. Just look at Thailand's human rights record under Abhisit. A disgrace.

Could you please show proof of what Kasit said? There should be any number of recorded videos showing him saying those exact words. Assuming he actually said them.

As for the last paragraph, nothing more than jumping on the bandwagon of the recently released HRW report on Thailand. Where's that straw clutching photgraph when you need it? Even their Thailand representative explicitly stated that the report never said the record has become poorer. I'm not going to go down the red road of saying "it was much worse under Thaksin", but, if you break down the report, much of the things detailed are to do with either trying to deal with threatened, and in many cases, very real violence from the red shirts, or mopping up events that happened due to policy of previous governments (eg. the Rohingya, the Tak Bai trials). For the other main examples, the LM charges, the government's hands are pretty much tied by the same conventions that prevent us from discussing certain topics here. Personally, I am disappointed with many of the actions of the current government, but they have been in power for only one year, during a very turbulent period, globally and domestically, and I hope they get better (although back biting and agitation by the coalition partners may make that a false hope). Name me one true democratic country that gives a government a one year term in which to effect change?

My questions are still waiting to be answered.

UPDATE

Abhisit's house attacker arrive in Land Rover

By The Nation

The bags of foul-smelling excrement and fermented fish were thrown into the grounds of the premier's home on Monday afternoon. A policeman was supposed to be standing guard in front of the house at the time, but according to Suthep, there was nobody there when the offender rode by.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-03

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Rumor also has it that the perp has a case of constipation, after one of the windows was cracked by a stray log.

:)

Edited by somchaismith

Nobody saw the offender. The security guard was taking a dump at the time. I can now reveal the true story: The guard saw there was no water in the toilet, and so, after taking said dump, flung it out the window. He first blamed it on a motorcycle rider, but after celebrity status went to his head, changed the story to a Land Rover driver. The next installment will involve a chauffer driven Rolls Royce, towing a catapult and escorted by a marching band playing Tchaikovsky's "Movement number two".

A top brass military spokesman has cleared up the mess.

The incident was the result of flight tests of the new military top secret ,multibillion baht, airship and turdal bomb project.

Apparentlely the airship was undergoing test flights and target practice over bangkok, involving wet "bomb" runs against a "dummy" (for a) target.icon6.gif

The turdal bombs have been developed and supplied by government and military sources, and incorporate latest methane gas aerodynamics, and the original thomas crapper guidance system.

After further trials in the south the airship and turdal bombs will be put into service against the red shirts.

The airship is to be crewed by 3 highest ranking cabinet ministers, one to pilot,one bomb passer and a bomb launcher.

Better late than never I suppose.

Urgent meeting held to tighten security at PM's house

By The Nation

PM's Secretary General Korbsak Sabhavasu on Wednesday called an urgent meeting with top police officers to tighten security to protect Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajijva at his residence and while he is on duty elsewhere.

The move came after bags of faeces and fermented fish were thrown into the compound of his Bangkok home about two weeks ago....... http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2010/02/10...cs_30122246.php

Reminds me of a book whilst idleing my time away in the pubic, er, public schools of the USA:

Strewn Fecalis Charta Dentata Thrown Hitherto, by Hoo Flungdung.....very intriguing novel, indeed. Who are these people, chimpanzees? This is no big deal to some on this board? Seriously? I would rather be a towel boy in a Turkish prison than be poo tossed. I would rather be flogged by a pole wielding angry tuk tuk driver for not paying my fare. Brutal stuff.