European Fitted Kitchen Prices!

micky44

thats all good, but we need a kitchen before that :). getting an offer from a local kitchen builder now. he is building with teak, so thats the obvious problem. not sure where he gets his wood, and i dont know how i can verify the expected info about it being from a legal plantation.

The teak could also cause another problem if it hasn't been properly dried as "fresh" wood is likely to crack.

• 1 month later...

If you are looking for inexpensive western style kitchens then I suggest you check out the SURE brand modular kitchens sold in thailand. I found this brand at a very large furnature store in Khon Kaen. It had a thai name and was located just before Tesco Lotus.

You can find their dealers in their website: http://www.sure-furniture.com/

From memory their price were about 40,000 baht for a 4 meter kitchen. Because it's modular you can make it look any way you want. You can also leave out the bench tops and install a granite top by finding a separate granite supplier. If you do it this way you will aviod the expensive price you see in stores such as Home Pro, or Index living mall. And still end up with a really nice kitchen.

You definitely want to avoid the countertops that come with the modular units sold by Index and others.

The finish scratches off in no time and the area around the sink rots, which in turn spreads to the underlying furniture as well.

I wasted a lot of money in getting such countertops and now replacing them with stone.

You definitely want to avoid the countertops that come with the modular units sold by Index and others.

The finish scratches off in no time and the area around the sink rots, which in turn spreads to the underlying furniture as well.

I wasted a lot of money in getting such countertops and now replacing them with stone.

I take it, when you say "stone" you mean granite or something similar

How much more expensive are those, rather than the MDF ones (on an "X times" basis)?

Penkoprod

Why would you bother to ship it over.Take a look at Global house or some similar shop as they have a large choice of diy kitchens.

thanks for that where are ;global house; cheers,

I don't know where you are but global house is here.Homepro,homeworks etc also have a great assortment.

I did a lot of DIY kitchen work on my house and bought most of the stuff from Global House, HomePro, and HomeWorks....with the great majority coming from Global House and HomePro since it seemed HomeWorks stuff averaged about 5-10% pricer than Global House and HomePro.

• 4 weeks later...

We used Homikitch in Chiangmai. Excellent job for a full western kitchen at about $260,000 including all electrical items. The most expensive part was the cabinetry.

Proportionately, kitchens are expensive here. I agree. Captive audience I guess...?

We used Homikitch in Chiangmai. Excellent job for a full western kitchen at about $260,000 including all electrical items. The most expensive part was the cabinetry.

Proportionately, kitchens are expensive here. I agree. Captive audience I guess...?

I assume that is Baht not $, right?

Expensive is right! We built a new house last year with a Farang kitchen inside (and a thai kitchen outside). Kitchen was designed and installed by HomePro, work-tops are acrylic, several drawers have fittings for cutlery or saucepans and two corner units have rotating shelves. Cost of kitchen units plus sink was Baht 431,953. Cost of electrical items was Baht 170,780, of which 58% was for the big fridge. Prices include VAT, delivery to Roi Et and installation. Photos were taken the evening they completed installation. So far no complaints except for the draw-knobs, all of which I have replaced with better quality round ones bought from Global. If they are round it doesn't matter if they have rotated a bit in use!

post-34165-075706800 1280590169_thumb.jp

post-34165-076396000 1280590179_thumb.jp

post-34165-052369900 1280590188_thumb.jp

post-34165-064809000 1280590196_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...

Jeez.. I had a local carpenter design and install a full kitchen (there was already a block wall with black stone countertop, hob and extractor, so I mean cabinets only).. All done in wood, smooth sliding drawers, stainless modern handles, all clean and neat for 60k baht.

Ohh and I had him make and install a wine / bottle rack in another section in that price.

I did have to buy an oven, as its a rental house I went for a 12k on sale jobber, hardly used it.

• 11 years later...

Well here is a real world experience, 3 actually. My first attempt at shipping was 30kg of mixed bedding, clothes and shoes. Cost me 19k Baht on arrival.

Number 2 attempt, in my wifes name 30kg of clothes various bits and pieces cost me 18k Baht on arrival.

Number 3 my brother in law in his wifes name small container cost him 60k Baht on arrival.

These people have no rules that are adhered to its just pot luck and the level of greed you encounter on the day.

To the chap asking just buy it here mate, save giving yourself the hump ????

• Confused 1

On 10/7/2021 at 7:04 AM, jonny on the spot said:

To the chap asking just buy it here mate, save giving yourself the hump

Not sure how you posted what looks like a reply to a completely different subject to a 11 year old thread.........some real skill involved there........????

• Haha 1

https://globalhouse.co.th/catalog/catagory/978/1.  

https://www.thaiwatsadu.com/th/category/ชุดครัวสำเร็จรูป-650104.   

There is a good selection of kitchens here some are too cheap with  MDF or particle wood.

But there are very good ones made from real solid wood with marble tops.

Regards 

Scotsman 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2010 at 9:22 PM, micky44 said:

thanks for that where are ;global house; we have been looking at kitchens all week over here ranging from 200k bht to 350k bht, i have a mate in the uk who could supply better quality as i said 90% cheaper, a container would cost about £650 from the uk, its the taxes im concerned about, cheers,

20-35K, really?

I have visited showrooms in Bangkok and Home Expos when planning a new home in Buriram Province in 2007. I also visited the kitchen department of the Ikea store when it opened in Bangkok. I know several people who enjoy the value and ease of ordering a kitchen from Ikea. I've seen beautiful kitchens in Buriram built by a UK expat and his team of Ice Furniture. I hired two Thai craftsmen to build an indoor Western Kitchen and an outdoor Thai kitchen in 2007. I was pleased with their work. They used Q-con blocks, Q con kitchen counter pieces, (similar to Diamond Kitchen Counters) real granite, etc.  24 outlets on RCBO circuit breakers in the indoor kitchen has served our family well. The OP has many "flat pack" options in Thailand and he might check with recommended kitchen builders in his community. 

https://www.buriramhome.com/buriram-home-custom-kitchens/

Satuk Buriram House for sale Kitchen July 194=54,.jpg

Buriram House Kitchen Bathroom Counter Design Builder.JPG

We are trying to get a kitchen installed in a new build so went to Boonthavorn in Phitsanulok with photos measurements etc and approximate layout. Two weeks later had not heard from them so went there this morning. The design guy had not even looked at what was given to him, too busy.

So we went to the Kitzcho showroom and while their choice of materials was not extensive or as good as Boonthavorn am tempted to give them a go. If anyone has used them a report would be appreciated (PM if scared of libel laws) as they also sell through Homepro.