Korean Airline stewardess seeks DSI help over her mother's murder

webfact

Daughter seeks DSI help over mum's murder

By The Nation

Published on February 2, 2010

BANGKOK: -- A Korean Airline stewardess yesterday asked the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) to take over the case of her mother's murder on grounds that police investigation came to a grinding halt after an Udon Thani policeman was implicated.

Kusuma Insri appealed to DSI chief Tharit Pengdit over the murder of her mother Kularb, for which a suspect - a cook at Udon Thani Hospital named Yaowalak Kosit - has already been arrested. However, once Yaowalak claimed she hired a local policeman to abduct and kill Kularb, the investigation halted, Kusuma said.

Tharit said the DSI would study the case and, if it finds that a cop was involved, it would take over and treat it like a special case.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-02

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I'm in the same situation, my mom was murdered in Phuket and police were all over the case and found the gunman, but as soon as they found a an officer was involved they "decided" no longer pursued the case and it was "closed" this time saying that he acted alone. Her case was handed over to DSI and now almost 2 years later nothing new has come up so I wouldn't get too excited.

Hopefully for her she will have more luck than us.