Car Hire In Ubon Ratchathani

Nakrob

I'm looking to hire a car from Ubon on next visit to Thailand with a view to driving back to Bangkok.

Does anyone know a suitable rental company or website that we can use to book/get information? Guess it is likely to only be a major chains that will offer a drop off in Bangkok, and from what I can see on the internet this is limited to Budget operating out of Ubon airport.

Has anyone got any information on alternatives? Any info appreciated.

I'm looking to hire a car from Ubon on next visit to Thailand with a view to driving back to Bangkok.

Does anyone know a suitable rental company or website that we can use to book/get information? Guess it is likely to only be a major chains that will offer a drop off in Bangkok, and from what I can see on the internet this is limited to Budget operating out of Ubon airport.

Has anyone got any information on alternatives? Any info appreciated.

There is budget at Ubon a/p and apart from local firms who I don't think allow drop offs.

Budget Thailand; 006622030250

http://www.budget.co.th

Thanks for the info, thought as much.

Do you happen to know if its possible to hire a car on a UK driving license, or if an international license is required?

I have heard from some people that the police are clamping down on UK licences,and that you must have an International,but I still let my vehicles go out on a licence of country of origin. I'm in Surin though and I don't allow drop offs in BKK.Only bacause my wife and I both refuse to drive in Bangkok though.You can look at my prices on http://www.farangconnection.awebspace.com to get an idea. Budget are twice my price for the Sportrider,but about ฿100 cheaper for the ford or tiger.

Thanks guys. Only problem with getting the IDP is that I'm currently in Sydney but having spoken to the RAC last night they assurred me they could send one out here once I sent them all the necessary paperwork. Just hope it arrives in time! Cheers, looking forward to comign back!

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get the IDP from RAC in the UK. Apparently you don't need it to hire a car, you may get away with just a UK license if stopped by the police but if you're in an accident you may get in strife from an insurance point of view if you don't have one. Now going to drive from BKK and drop off car at Ubon, setting off on Saturday. Any comments on route, places to stop etc appreciated, we're thinking of making a few days of the trip :o

Edited by Nakrob

Managed to get the IDP from RAC in the UK. Apparently you don't need it to hire a car, you may get away with just a UK license if stopped by the police but if you're in an accident you may get in strife from an insurance point of view if you don't have one. Now going to drive from BKK and drop off car at Ubon, setting off on Saturday. Any comments on route, places to stop etc appreciated, we're thinking of making a few days of the trip  :o

See you in the FC about sunday then.

Managed to get the IDP from RAC in the UK. Apparently you don't need it to hire a car, you may get away with just a UK license if stopped by the police but if you're in an accident you may get in strife from an insurance point of view if you don't have one. Now going to drive from BKK and drop off car at Ubon, setting off on Saturday. Any comments on route, places to stop etc appreciated, we're thinking of making a few days of the trip  :o

what's the FC ?

what's the FC ?

It's an oasis in the middle of the wilds of deepest Isaan