Thai Police

uaelaelil

The other weekend was traveling back from Cha-am to Bangkok, Was suprised to see the amount of police along the roadside.

I mean like every 200 to 300 yards there was a policeman stood on both side of the road this went on for at least 10 km

And towards the end all the traffic was like stopped into a side path with that a convoy of cars zoomed past at very high speed, after like 15 or 20 cars maybe had passed all the police jumped back onto the cycles and the traffic started moveing againg.

Any idear what it was?

Was amazing to see a copper like every 300 yards on the motorway standing guard so to speak.

Did want to film them but the wife had advised against it.

Definitely a royal personage passing through. Probably from Hua Hin to BKK to visit the King.

Yeah those royal peeps defenitely have no idea what 'trafficjam' means.. They have never seen it :) only 'in movies'

Always amazing how the police coördinates this, they seem pretty stressful though when someone -often a tourist- tries to cross the street etc !

Well... just wait and don't forget to wave (or wai) to the créme colored cars in the middle.

This is a regular occurrence when someone is moving to or from the palace in Hua Hin, it amazed me the first time that they have enough police to cover all the junctions between BKK and HH

this happens nearly every week in chaing mai.

what? someone is moving to or from the palace in Hua Hin in Chiang Mai every week?

:):D

I remember last year the police stopped the traffic to allow a personage to pass on the main Mitraparp Highway.

I was only a few minutes from home and dying for an Eartha Kitt.

30 minutes I sat there for 20 seconds of VW minivans and Highway Police cars flying past.

To this day I don't know how I didn't crap myself. Being at the front of the queue I took off like a top fuel dragster when the cops waved us on. Got home just (and I do mean just) in time.

I remember last year the police stopped the traffic to allow a personage to pass on the main Mitraparp Highway.

I was only a few minutes from home and dying for an Eartha Kitt.

30 minutes I sat there for 20 seconds of VW minivans and Highway Police cars flying past.

To this day I don't know how I didn't crap myself. Being at the front of the queue I took off like a top fuel dragster when the cops waved us on. Got home just (and I do mean just) in time.

Keep a potty in the car when travelling on this route.