Recent Internet Problems

Luang

I am as well using true ..... but it has stopped after I got new version of firefox. I was assuming it was a problem with my browser because I had a lot of warnings in my firewall log about non security related failures. I checked for fun and IE works fine now as well. Good luck I think it solved itself really.

I live near Sattahip and my TOT adsl service has been extremely intermittent, especially in the evening.

I regularly lose the connection.

Anyone got any ideas of why TOT is such rubbish.

I have just run Thai Visa speedtest

Download Speed: 1870 kbps (233.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 369 kbps (46.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 322 ms

BUT I lost the ADSL connection just prior to executing the test, whilst I was writing this mail, at 02.12 am. then connected again.

This happens a lot, ADSL drops out, comes back, drops out, comes back. It's extremely frustrating.

I live near Sattahip and my TOT adsl service has been extremely intermittent, especially in the evening.

BUT I lost the ADSL connection just prior to executing the test, whilst I was writing this mail, at 02.12 am. then connected again.

This happens a lot, ADSL drops out, comes back, drops out, comes back. It's extremely frustrating.

I agree. The service we pay for is ???? pathetic???? They "ought" to give this "service" away. It really sucks.

I had a similar problem living in Ban Chang and also when I took the computer through to Pattaya.

Both TOT connections so I assumed it was a TOT problem until I went to Windows Update and downloaded all the updates for my machine.

Never had a problem since.