Renewing A Non Imm O

Hello all.

I have tried to sort out my predicament by reading other posts, but alas I am more confused than ever.

My non imm O multiple entry (Obtained in Birmingham . I,m over 50, no other reasons) expired on December 10 09. I did a border run to Laos before the expiry date and I have until 21.02.10 to renew my non imm O.

I understand that it can be renewed without leaving Thailand. I live in Udon Thani and am lead to believe that there is a new immigration office at the airport. Would I be so lucky to think that all this can be done locally.

I realise that I will still have to do the 90 day border runs but its no major problem.

Sadly my pensions do not come to fruition for another 18 months and I will then try for a retirment visa.

Please help this nice but dim chap !

Within Thailand you can apply for extension of stay, if you meet the requirements. As you are over 50, you could apply for extension of stay based on retirement with minimum 800k in Thai bank for 2 months before first application. The alternative financial route is 65k/month income, verified by embassy letter, but probably not relevant to you at this time as you indicate your pension is not yet available. You would not do border runs but would need to report your address to immigration every 90 days. There is a new immigration office at Udon Thani, and report from last month indicated it was likely to be moving from the airport to police station.

If you do not meet the requirements for extension of stay you will have to obtain a new visa from Thai consulate abroad. Within the region will be single entry only. The nearest consulate that will issue multiple entry Non-O visa (on basis of visiting friends) is Perth, but require signed copy of ID card/passport of Thai friend.

Hello again and thank you for your reply. My apologies but I am still confused. I thought that if you were over 50 thats why you get a non imm O visa. But you still have to do the visa run. With a multiple entry type you have to do the 90 day runs but you do not have to prove your income.

A retirement visa is where you have to prove your income surely.

A 12 month extension of stay is available from Immigration if you meet the requirement.

You do not have to do border runs with this.

A Non Imm O Visa Multi Entry you have to do border runs every 90 days.

As said Perth is probably the nearest place to apply.

A 12 month extension of stay is available from Immigration if you meet the requirement.

You do not have to do border runs with this.

A Non Imm O Visa Multi Entry you have to do border runs every 90 days.

As said Perth is probably the nearest place to apply.

Thanks for that. I take it the requirement is the financial one. 800k bht or the monthly income

Yes, 800k bank balance or 65k/month income for extension of stay based on retirement.

Now its plain Thanks. Perhaps you would advise me on my current problem. My non O expired on 09.12.09 and my 90 day visa expires on 21.02.10. I can get 800k in my Thai bank in 3 days but cannot prove my pensions yet. I understand that the 800k has to be in the bank for 3 months so therefore do not meet with that requirement. When I bought my car I registered it along with my address at Nong Khai Imm Office

Any suggestions please ?

I would obviously prefer not doing a trip to Perth !

Can you prove any pensions (there is a combination method that would not require the 2 month wait)? If not the period is 2 months for first extension so you could visit Laos/Malaysia to obtain a single entry non immigrant O visa 90 day entry to cover that time period.

As a stand by you can obtain a two month back to back. free. At the Thai visa office in Vientiane Lao Take's 24 hour's this will give you the first 60day's that you can extend for one month. Do a border run and the second one kick's in, extend again so 6 month's on one trip to Lao. A bit of faffing about. But save's a trip to Ausy or your country of origin.

Yes money has to be in the bank for 3month's

Here is the law.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) The applicant is 50 years of age or over;

(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

FWIW: When I was a month and some day shy of turning 50 last year, I went to the thai consulate in Vientiane and received a single entry Non-O visa based on the fact I would reach the retirement age BEFORE that visa expired and could then apply for the in-country yearly extension.

When I applied there I had a financial statement showing the required funds, but they didn't even take the paper from me, nor look at it for that matter. (Your mileage MAY vary, so better to go prepared, even if the money isn’t ‘seasoned’ for 3 months, you’re not asking for a year visa, just a single entry 90 day) Again, I am only relating my experience, whether typical or not I cannot hazard a guess.

Yes. 2 months. So a single Non Imm O Visa will do the job. Any neighbouring Country should issue that.

He could then apply for the 12 month extension within the last 30 days of his permision to stay.

I concur with Lite Beer in that the O/P would most likely be better served securing a Single Entry Non-O visa based on retirement in Vientiane. Then once his money has "seasoned" enough, go apply for the yearly extension in-country based on the retirement requirements.

Here is the law.

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

Cheers & Regards, Lite .....perhaps a larger font and smaller words for the..err....non-rocket scientists within this place ;O)....prob myself amongst :)

Smiling in Chiang Mai

Brewsta

• 1 month later...

Here is the law.

Under the recent U turn regarding the issue of free visa`s, would that include a Non O 90 days, from Vientiane or does it only cover tourist visa`s....

Oh and how do you convince your local immigration office to accept the 2 month rule when they are not willing to accept less than 3 months seasoning when coverting to a retirement extension for the first time.......

Only tourist visa's and visa on arrival will be free.

You can appeal a decision form immigraiton, if it would be succcesful is another mather. If you want to convert it might also be possible to do the conversion in Bangkok.

Only tourist visa's and visa on arrival will be free.

You can appeal a decision form immigraiton, if it would be succcesful is another mather. If you want to convert it might also be possible to do the conversion in Bangkok.

So, it sounds that the cannot be swayed then, and i was under the understanding that you can only use your local centre to your ampher, as stated in last years changes, re localising your immigration offices..thanks

True. But you don't have a local immigration office yet and many immigration offices will send you to Bangkok for a conversion.

But also consider the fact that you have to come back after a week to get the onversion aproved. Also the extension costs 2,000 and after 90 days you apply for an extension for 1,900.

I also need to renew my Imm O visa (spouse visa) at begining of next month (I am under 50).

What do I need to do?

-I got my Letter from the bank stating I have over 400K, but it does not say over 2 months, the bank said that immigration will check it out and i does not have to say it on the letter.

- Where do I apply for the extension of stay? Should I apply in Singapore?

Do I need to bring my marriage documents?

YOu apply for an extension of stay at the immigration office for where you live with your wife.

Either sow an incoem of 40,000 month or 400,000 in the bank. You will need the bank letter and your bank book, confirming the money.

You will need the marriage certificate and a lot more. Your wife also will need to acompany you to immigration.

- marriage certificate

- map of way to the house

- copy ID of wife

- wife houshold book

- wedding photo's

- photo's of you and your wife in the hous and outside with the house number vissible

You can extend as early as 30 days before your current permission to stay ends. You are advised to do it a bit early, in case you need some aditional paperwork. The extension always starts from the date your current permisison to stay ends.

You will get an under consideration of 30 days, after which immigration will exted for the rest of the year. Since it is your first extension they will visit you at home and or interview your neighbours as part of the process.

I also need to renew my Imm O visa (spouse visa) at begining of next month (I am under 50).

What do I need to do?

-I got my Letter from the bank stating I have over 400K, but it does not say over 2 months, the bank said that immigration will check it out and i does not have to say it on the letter.

- Where do I apply for the extension of stay? Should I apply in Singapore?

Do I need to bring my marriage documents?

You apply at your local Immigration Office in Thailand.

The bank letter will be too old if you wait until next month. You will need to get another one. Within a days or two of application.

Up to date bankbook showing the same balance.

Marriage Certificate (Kor Lor 3) maybe the registry entry (Kor Lor2)

Take your Wife to be interviewed. Wife's ID Card and House Book. Photos of the two of you in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Copy of everything.

Passport. Passport size photo. Application form . 1,900 Baht Fee.

You need to get the Oz verification and then translation into Thai and then registration at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then registration at a District Office where you obtain the ledger copy for Immigration. District Office only accepts Thai language so these extra steps are required on a foreign marriage.