Benz270192

Isn't it conceivable that this is a 13 year old Thai child posting on here for help on his science project.

Could Moderators at least try to be nice in response. Instad of saying 'you're not drowning' (which I concede is quite funny).

(After all we allow people to post asking for help on their Phd thesis.)

Too late, Eye of S., but thanks for caring. Unfortunately, he came back with another - very rude - post, which was deleted. He's banned. And if he is 13, he needs to learn some manners.

I'll concede I can be a bit gruff at 5am, however there are some things in forums and on usenet that drive me absolutely bonkers.

1. Posts like the above mentioned who's titles are panicky, pleading, yet completly uninformative, trying to draw attention as if the poster's problem was immediate, and life-threatening.

2. Same with excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. People who have no manners or class when talking who learn how to type.

I can remember the internet when you still had to be literate to get online, and sometimes I expect too much. I also can get rather snooty about netiquette. For that I apologize, but don't expect me to give up :o .

cv