Website Not Found

grahamb

Today when I tried to surf on our home PC, I got the error "Site not found" for every page I tried in both Firefox and Internet Explorer. I found that I can ping TRUE's DNS servers (and get a good response time) but I can't ping other sites; the request just times out. This included pinging the DNS of Samart (which I assume is in Thailand). I had the same problem yesterday and switched to the Samart DNS servers listed in another thread on here (that fixed the problem yesterday but not today.)

It doesn't appear to be a problem with the ADSL connection because I can ping the TRUE DNS and I can also connect through my work VPN (using my laptop to connect to my router.)

Anyone else got this problem? Is it related to TRUE or to my setup? I'm reluctant to call TRUE about it because the connection to their servers is working so they'll probably just wash their hands of it...

Any advice is much appreciated! :o

re-boot and re-dial first and then see

I tried that yesterday but it didn't improve the situation. I turned off the computer overnight and now it's working again. I didn't do anything to it while it was switched off!

Tell us the url and we can check it for you, using other services.

It may just be that the server is down, but it could well be TRUE.

Well, one of the URLs was thaivisa.com! :D I knew the sites were up and running because I could access them from my laptop on the same connection (though it was through my work VPN so using different DNS servers)

Oh well, another one to put down to experience... :o