I Am Tired Of People Moaning About Why There Thai Partners Cant Get Visa's

postda

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not what I said, I said there are probably one or two people that want to take their bar girl home on the next available flight, not just take back to the UK, a subtle difference.

More common than you think. Mate used to work for embassy (not UK) and they got one or two per month so i would say with UK embassy volumes they should get one or two per week. And yes, coming from Pattaya and just dropping by to get a visa for the new GF before heading for the airport for last noodle soup and flight back home.

It is also very common that the guys don't know their girls real name. Calling the embassy and asking what is the status of the application or complaining for rejection and when the embassy staff ask the name so that they can check on the case the reply is Noi/Nui/Nok/Nuu...

Not what I said, I said there are probably one or two people that want to take their bar girl home on the next available flight, not just take back to the UK, a subtle difference.

More common than you think. Mate used to work for embassy (not UK) and they got one or two per month so i would say with UK embassy volumes they should get one or two per week. And yes, coming from Pattaya and just dropping by to get a visa for the new GF before heading for the airport for last noodle soup and flight back home.

It is also very common that the guys don't know their girls real name. Calling the embassy and asking what is the status of the application or complaining for rejection and when the embassy staff ask the name so that they can check on the case the reply is Noi/Nui/Nok/Nuu...

I'd be amazed if it wasn't much more than that..

With regards to the last paragraph, Social Misfits will do anything & ignore anything for a cuddle, even buy someone they don't even know, it's sheer desperation you see.. :)

I happen to agree with him.

The issue of learning English would show sincerity and help them integrate. Reduce racism too.Plus give thai's a useful skill.

English is an international language.

Thai is not.

The very fact that on the Royal Thai embassy website it says " you need a criminal record to enter Thailand" shows how much they need some improvements in that area- and is a rather fitting comment on this country as whole.

Thats an embassy making a complete and utter fool of itself.

I have been here many years and hardly speak a word of it and do very well. People are so easy going, smile and be on your way.

Far too many unsuitable s manage to get through and become a burden on European states.

Foreigners here benefit the country in far more ways.

And anyone who thinks that only a few bar girls,or recently married bar girls who will soon leave their 20 odd older year older partner who has just found"true love" after a few months of being there is deluding themselves.

So many flights back to europe have many single thai ladys on them. I doubt very much they are going to work in restaurants.

If anything I would make checks far more stringent.

This would also stop the horrid human traffickers, or at least reduce it a little.

He clearly doesn't know what he is talking about, he talks about people apply for visas for their partners, when indeed you don't apply for a visa for your partner, they apply for a visa themselves to fit the needs of the visit.

i [not so] humbly beg to differ. as far as my home country Germany is concerned it is the german partner who has to take the first half a dozen steps (which are applications!). the application of the foreign partner at a german embassy or consulate abroad is only the final step.

:)

I happen to agree with him. (i am happy as well as you are the only one)

The issue of learning English would show sincerity and help them integrate (still in many countrys people dont speak a word English also in Europe, integration will help in a few Countrys, what is the use if going to south east Argentina to learn English) . Reduce racism too(Thai people can easily adopt in other country's never had any experience about Thai had to deal with rasism).Plus give thai's a useful skill.

English is an international language.

Thai is not.

The very fact that on the Royal Thai embassy website it says " you need a criminal record to enter Thailand" shows how much they need some improvements in that area- and is a rather fitting comment on this country as whole.

Thats an embassy making a complete and utter fool of itself.

I have been here many years and hardly speak a word of it and do very well. People are so easy going, smile and be on your way.

Far too many unsuitable s manage to get through and become a burden on European states.(That is both ways)

Foreigners here benefit the country in far more ways.

And anyone who thinks that only a few bar girls,or recently married bar girls who will soon leave their 20 odd older year older partner who has just found"true love" after a few months of being there is deluding themselves.

So many flights back to europe have many single thai ladys on them. I doubt very much they are going to work in restaurants.

(So if there is a single Thai lady on the airplane you assume that she is going back home and start working, and not in Restaurants. Where you got this information from totaly not based on facts)

If anything I would make checks far more stringent.

This would also stop the horrid human traffickers, or at least reduce it a little.(Agree)

He clearly doesn't know what he is talking about, he talks about people apply for visas for their partners, when indeed you don't apply for a visa for your partner, they apply for a visa themselves to fit the needs of the visit.

i [not so] humbly beg to differ. as far as my home country Germany is concerned it is the german partner who has to take the first half a dozen steps (which are applications!). the application of the foreign partner at a german embassy or consulate abroad is only the final step.

Yes but it's the Thai person that is actually applying for Entry Clearance, not you as a German Citizen or me as a Brit. For sure I do most, if not all, of the donkey work, which is the preparation, as I presume you have done, but I do not apply for a visa and, with respect, I doubt if you do.

My partner has applied for a Schengen Visa and again I collated all the information and prepared the application, for her to present it.

I have calmed down a bit since I first read the original post yesterday, but to suggest that before you can go to the UK for a holiday from any country in the world, you must take an English test is, in my opinion, utterly ridiculous, people from all around the world visit the UK which is a major global tourist destination, and many get by without speaking English, or at least only a little.

I may have played down the number of Brits that visit their favourite bar in Pattaya and want to take number 23 back to the UK the very next day, but I really don't think it's as many as people suggest, well not the next day anyway, I think people would normally have seen sense during the application process. There are a number of former Immigration Officer who are members of this forum, and I note that at least one has been reading this thread, I would be interested to read their views.

Yes but it's the Thai person that is actually applying for Entry Clearance, not you as a German Citizen or me as a Brit. For sure I do most, if not all, of the donkey work, which is the preparation, as I presume you have done, but I do not apply for a visa and, with respect, I doubt if you do.

My partner has applied for a Schengen Visa and again I collated all the information and prepared the application, for her to present it.

I have calmed down a bit since I first read the original post yesterday, but to suggest that before you can go to the UK for a holiday from any country in the world, you must take an English test is, in my opinion, utterly ridiculous, people from all around the world visit the UK which is a major global tourist destination, and many get by without speaking English, or at least only a little.

I may have played down the number of Brits that visit their favourite bar in Pattaya and want to take number 23 back to the UK the very next day, but I really don't think it's as many as people suggest, well not the next day anyway, I think people would normally have seen sense during the application process. There are a number of former Immigration Officer who are members of this forum, and I note that at least one has been reading this thread, I would be interested to read their views.

I don’t go to the Swedish embassy a lot, maybe once or twice a year, but every time I go I see droves of girls looking to apply for visa to Sweden. A lot of these are clearly bar girls (yes, it’s that easy to spot one) so I’m sure there are quite a lot of BG’s applying to the UK/US etc (definitely a lot more than a couple a week).

Tompa,

I don't go to the Swedish embassy a lot, maybe once or twice a year, but every time I go I see droves of girls looking to apply for visa to Sweden. A lot of these are clearly bar girls (yes, it's that easy to spot one) so I'm sure there are quite a lot of BG's applying to the UK/US etc (definitely a lot more than a couple a week).

Tompa,

Still also if she is a bar girl and they see that strait away, if all documents correct and in line with the law she still gets a Schengen Visa.

Methinks there is a little troll under the bridge....

sorry, but why is this ' trolling '? just becuase i have said something that is not 100 % positive about thailand ? I have not said anything bad about thailand either. This is just my opion. I am not a troll at all.

I think what your saying is kinda bullsh!t. There is lots of things that the government could rule out for the so called good of the country but is it right ? Look at all the white trash relationships out there that cause trouble for society, should we ban white trash ?

why not neuter anyone that has any kind of mental disorder ?

why not make it illegal for anyone to have relationships with people over 10 years younger then them ?

how about a one child policy ?

Methinks there is a little troll under the bridge....

sorry, but why is this ' trolling '? just becuase i have said something that is not 100 % positive about thailand ? I have not said anything bad about thailand either. This is just my opion. I am not a troll at all.

I think what your saying is kinda bullsh!t. There is lots of things that the government could rule out for the so called good of the country but is it right ? Look at all the white trash relationships out there that cause trouble for society, should we ban white trash ?

why not make it illegal for anyone to have relationships with people over 10 years younger then them ?

It appears that a decision has been reached regarding the OP already .....

I am not sure but still willing to give you a change so "PROVE IT" :)

I don't go to the Swedish embassy a lot, maybe once or twice a year, but every time I go I see droves of girls looking to apply for visa to Sweden. A lot of these are clearly bar girls (yes, it's that easy to spot one) so I'm sure there are quite a lot of BG's applying to the UK/US etc (definitely a lot more than a couple a week).

Never judge a book by its cover :)

one question to the members of tv who are british nationals.

what was one of the deciding factors in your decision to leave the shores of the u.k.?

i know being from london, one of the most deciding factors was that the u.k, england, london did not feel like my home anymore.

Yes there are probably one ore two people a year who fall for a bar girl and want to take them on the first available flight home, they are few and far between and are pretty soon weeded out by the authorities. There are people who are in genuine relationships for a number of years but who are only able to visit their loved one a couple of times a year, that's because they probably work for a living - how much leave do you get?

I would have thought it was far far more than one or two a year.My question is why should they be weeded out by the authorities.If the girl complies with the rules, has the funds and has no intention to overstay why on earth should she not be granted a visa? I accept that in many cases this might be difficult to prove.It's not however a morality test (if it was many Thai businessmen would be denied visas) nor should there be a "genuine relationship" requirement.

I would also add that many of these so called genuine "long distance" relationships are only so in the mind of the gullible foreigner.In most cases the background of the girl concerned...well no need to spell it out.

If the girl complies with the rules, has the funds and has no intention to overstay why on earth should she not be granted a visa?

As far as the UK is concerned; show that all this is true and she will be.

nor should there be a "genuine relationship" requirement.

As far as the UK is concerned there is no requirement for a visitor to have a sponsor at all. However, if one is applying based upon one's relationship with a sponsor, then obviously one has to show that this relationship is genuine.

[quote name='theoldgit' date='2010-02-07 12:54:33' post='3324231']

I don't see the problem here, what is wrong if they are bar girls.

Its just a job, and they apply and applications are the same for all, some people need to push this girls always in the wrong corner.

Have some respect for them and the work they doing.

As for USA young (20 something), single females applying for tourist visas, with no family connections or sponsors? Good luck. How the recent Nigerian "underpants bomber" got a visa is unbelievable. I have never heard an explanation.

I read this forum alot and see so many people moaning about why there goverments wont give there thai partners a visa to go back to there countrys. But then i read there stories and i am happy that many western ( mainly my own UK ) Goverments are giving these people visa's. Alot of the stoies are the guy has only knownen the girl a couple of weeks. Or where they guy says we have been together 2 years now but in that 2 years he has only been here ( in thailand ) 2 or 3 times a year for a 2 week holiday each time. Seeing a girl for 1 or 2 months of the year for 2 or 3 years doesnt not mean u have had a 3 year real relationship.

I cant speak for other countrys but i would like to see the UK make the rule that people cant apply for a visa for there ' partner ' until they have been in thailand together for a minimum of 6 months full time. Also the Thai girl should have to have a test in english and if her english speaking is not good enough then the visa should be rejected. Whats the point of letting a girl come to the country if the couple can not talk the same language. I think the rules should be made more tough for thai girls applying for visa's coming to the UK. For people who say that the UK just lets in anyone from europe so why not anyone else ? But alot of people from europe have alot to offer. Where as most Thai people dont have anything to offer the UK in terms as coming from a good education ( even a private education in thailand is below the average standard UK education ) or offering a skills that arent within the UK already.

Judging by your literary skills your education was somewhat lacking in the Weadin and Ritteing department?

I read this forum alot and see so many people moaning about why there goverments wont give there thai partners a visa to go back to there countrys. But then i read there stories and i am happy that many western ( mainly my own UK ) Goverments are giving these people visa's. Alot of the stoies are the guy has only knownen
But alot of people from europe have alot to offer. Where as most Thai people dont have anything to offer the UK in terms as coming from a good education ( even a private education in thailand is below the average standard UK education ) or offering a skills that arent within the UK already.

I would like to see people stop moaning about why there GF was rejected for a visa and take a look at the bigger picture. Why should the UK goverment let thai girls in for no reason when they dont really know the guy who is sponering them . I hope the UK goverment makes getting a visa for the UK more hard from bangkok becuase now it is to easy.

I do not necessarily disagree with you however if you are going to criticise another persons standard of education it really would be worth while doing a spell check and while you are at it brush up on the use of; there and their?

You state that you are happy that the UK is dishing out visa's is this a mistake?

As for USA young (20 something), single females applying for tourist visas, with no family connections or sponsors? Good luck. How the recent Nigerian "underpants bomber" got a visa is unbelievable. I have never heard an explanation.

Bingo! Give that man a kewpie doll from the top shelf. The reason is because most immigration and customs officials are prudish types who never got laid and can't stand the thought that somebody else might be having fun. The immigration officials are are more hung up on preventing sex than they are about preventing actual criminals from entering the country.

OP, have you ever thought that your post puts Thais into the second class human being category which my Thai wife has already found out by the UK rules. To take my wife for a UK holiday l had to fly to Bangkok twice to sort her visa out, why she asked, she already understood from my life story l had been all over the world mostly filling in a visa waiver card on the aeroplane, even a holiday in Thailand l can do so. Why can you do that and l can't, she asked, l said cos l am English, Thais cannot. Gloom.

In 2009, sadly my mum and dad died within a few months of each other so l had to return back to the UK twice rather quickly but l could not take my wife cos of the no visa on entry for a Thai, not even for my wife and this emergency.

My wife is not a 20 year old bar girl or been one, she is in her 40's, and not to come with me to see my parents off was disappointing for us both. Think you have a mind set about all Thai women and they must all be treated the same. Well, thats where l get back to your lady having a headache every day, sounds like it to me. :)

Sad but true story, transum. I'm sorry to hear of your experience with double standards. Unfortunately, it is typical of UK and North American policies. It reminds me of the McCarthy days in the 1950s when the USA was paranoid about communism... and still are.

Judging by your literary skills your education was somewhat lacking in the Weadin and Ritteing department?

I do not necessarily disagree with you however if you are going to criticise another persons standard of education it really would be worth while doing a spell check and while you are at it brush up on the use of; there and their?

:):D:D

Too true!

To take my wife for a UK holiday l had to fly to Bangkok twice to sort her visa out, why she asked, she already understood from my life story l had been all over the world mostly filling in a visa waiver card on the aeroplane, even a holiday in Thailand l can do so. Why can you do that and l can't, she asked, l said cos l am English, Thais cannot.

As you and your wife are, presumably, both resident together in Thailand then she should be able to get a long term visit visa, possibly up to 10 years. She could still only spend a maximum of 6 months in the UK on any one visit and a maximum of 6 months out of any 12 in total; but it should suit your needs.

Remember that it is not only the UK and other Western countries that have entry rules. Yes, some nationalities can enter Thailand for up to 30 days as a tourist without a visa, but other nationalities cannot.

My wife obtained her UK ILR in 2002, which means that's it as far as UK visas are concerned unless she lives outside the UK for more than 2 years. When we eventually retire to Thailand I will have to renew my retirement visa every 90 days! Seems to me it's easier and simpler for Thais to live in the UK with their Brit partner than the other way round!

My wife is now a British citizen. She was naturalised before the current rules came into force; but even under these new rules it is a hel_l of a lot easier for a Thai to become British than the other way round.

In 2009, sadly my mum and dad died within a few months of each other so l had to return back to the UK twice rather quickly but l could not take my wife cos of the no visa on entry for a Thai, not even for my wife and this emergency.

My sympathy for your loss. My parents both died within a short period recently, so I know how you feel.

Under the circumstances the embassy would have almost certainly rushed through a visa for your wife on compassionate grounds, had you asked.

When we eventually retire to Thailand I will have to renew my retirement visa every 90 days!

Sorry to correct you on a small point 7by7, must be a first, when you retire to Thailand you will enter on a visa and then extend permission to remain in The Kingdom based on your retirement, and you will need to extend this every year. The 90 days is a reporting requirement. :)

When we eventually retire to Thailand I will have to renew my retirement visa every 90 days!

Sorry to correct you on a small point 7by7, must be a first, when you retire to Thailand you will enter on a visa and then extend permission to remain in The Kingdom based on your retirement, and you will need to extend this every year. The 90 days is a reporting requirement. :)

So, I get a retirement visa, which I have to renew every year and on top of that I have to report to the MFA every 90 days, is that correct?

So, I get a retirement visa, which I have to renew every year and on top of that I have to report to the MFA every 90 days, is that correct?

Correct.

Correct.

Exceedingly pedantic, I know, but that isn't correct. The in-country visa renewals and reporting are done at the local immigration office, not the Ministry of Foreign Affairs