New ' Subway ' Opening In Lamai

It's another five page thread starting again about sandwhiches :D

And you aren't helping by not adding anything constructive. :):D:D:D:D

I think alwaysright's remark quite reasonable! If you're talking about a metro sysytem so I can go from Chaweng to Lamai without driving, I'm all in favour! If you're talking about "sandwiches", then yawn, yawn :D

Thanks Roo. The one in chewang most be owned by farang guy, becuase i am sure i have seen a farang guy benhind the counter a couple of times. Is this ture or am i mistaken ?

No matter who its owned by the one in chewang must be doing well becuase i know for a fact that the rent for shops on that row of shops is a small furtune in key money and loads each month in rent.

So think the lamai one will do well to

Thanks Roo. The one in chewang most be owned by farang guy, becuase i am sure i have seen a farang guy benhind the counter a couple of times. Is this ture or am i mistaken ?

No matter who its owned by the one in chewang must be doing well becuase i know for a fact that the rent for shops on that row of shops is a small furtune in key money and loads each month in rent.

So think the lamai one will do well to

Chaweng, owned by an Aussie gentleman. Lamai, can't tell you, let's put it this way, international flavour. :)

When are the branches in Bophut and Bangrak opening? Can you let me know via Twitter? Thanks in anticipation.

No, I can't . But, the skytrain & metro should be operational by then.

I help out with the Samui regatta every year. Subway sponsor the event and provide the food forthe teams and the volunteers. By day 3 I have had enough and order the Thai food given to the Thai volunteers. There seems to be a serious lack of consistency in any sandwich ordered. One day it will be nice the next it is missing the mayo or lettuce or even sometimes the meat. I used to use them in London where you could actually get a nice foot long sandwich with what you wanted here :):D I for one will not be visiting the shop. Some things just do not travel well !

I help out with the Samui regatta every year. Subway sponsor the event and provide the food forthe teams and the volunteers. By day 3 I have had enough and order the Thai food given to the Thai volunteers. There seems to be a serious lack of consistency in any sandwich ordered. One day it will be nice the next it is missing the mayo or lettuce or even sometimes the meat. I used to use them in London where you could actually get a nice foot long sandwich with what you wanted here :):D I for one will not be visiting the shop. Some things just do not travel well !

Exactly...

Talking about the adjacent Scoop i had the bad idea to order a banana split....

cost 190b. 3 huge ball of ice cream, san francisco production, no fruit just sweet stuff all similar flavour.

with all the extra cream, syrup etcetera the thing was eatable only in texas by the standard texan, 120kg minimum weight.

cost texas like, half size half cost maybe will sell....

i'll never enter the place again, and it is alwas empty.......

I was talking to the owner (American) and he says they will be opening on the 10th and there will be some great special offers,not sure what but i can find out..I for one will be giving it a try,as the old adage goes "Dont knock it till you try it" :) As for the ice cream shop,its seriously tasty,maybe you could inquire about the kids menu if the portions are too big Kosh !By the way,the place seems to be doing pretty well as anytime i pass theres always a few tables occupied.Theres lots of families in town at the moment which helps .

As usual NO imagination by the riff raff expats who choose to live on this island. What we really need is a HOOTERS (just because Phuket and Pattaya don't have one !)

As usual NO imagination by the riff raff expats who choose to live on this island. What we really need is a HOOTERS (just because Phuket and Pattaya don't have one !)

Opening a HOOTERS would be a real big problem here. Can anyone guess why?