Applied For True Internet. Can I Use True Wifi While I Wait For The Installation?

juanmedin

Hi,

I applied two days ago for True Internet. I got the router and the scratch card with a long PIN number. Do you know if I can use the Wifi hotspots that were included in the package? Or must I wait for the ADSL installation?

Also, what do you do with that True Online PIN number? The English True Corp web is half in Thai, half in English with some broken links. Anyone using this company can provide some light her?

Thanks in advance!

Juan

You need your True ADSL ID and password in order to access the separate Wifi network/feature, I believe...

It's been a while since I did my True ADSL set-up, but I think you only get the ID and password when you run the software install on your computer...

Once you have that, your ADSL ID is your ID for wifi... something like "ThaiVisa@truehisp", and then whatever password you've chosen.

BTW, if you have either TrueVisions cable or TrueMove mobile service, they typically have some kind of deals on offer where you call or send an SMS, and they'll give you a password for some limited amount of time of Wifi per month, typically for free. And that's apart from whatever you're getting/doing with True ADSL.

jfchandler, thank you for your reply. I'll wait then.

I got a card with a long PIN number and a SMS asking me register at truelife.com (btw, I still don't know what that web is exactly for) to get "added value services" so I thought that wifi were among them.

The TrueLife web site may have some stuff for Thais and kids....but for farangs, it appears to be pretty irrelevant and useless.... And as best as I can tell, it's irrelevant to anything relating to accessing True's wifi service....

PS - Juan...what are you waiting for, exactly? And long is True asking you to wait? It sounds like you already have the router/modem... The installation process, if you know anything about computers and networking, is pretty easy. They'll give you a splitter to separate out your phone line from your DSL line to your computer... That and the installation CD are about it...once they turn on service to your line.

Just for the technician to install the landline and turn on the service (I live in a big condo so that should be pretty simple for them - the installation is already here).

When I signed up for True they gave me a router and the famous card with the long PIN number. I must wait for 6 days aprox. for them to send someone here. I'm using their free 3G connection while waiting.

They gave me the router the same day I signed up. It's strange because they don't have my bank account number, credit card, etc, just my passport data.

I don't have a landline here: they are suppose to come here and install everything.