C Pac Roof Tiles, How Much Do They Cost ?

johnson36

May I suggest you first decide which type of CPAC roof tiles you want to put on the house.

You can find their different types here:

http://www.cpacroof.com/Index_eng.asp

Knowing the prices first would help her to choose. If one type of tile is 3 times as expensive as another then we wouldn't want that one.

There seem to be 6 styles:

Contrass, Triple Tone, Centurion, Neoclass, Zeason and Elabana.

Do you know the approximate prices of these ?

My wifes mum and dad are building the house now, my wife and myself have are in the UK at the moment.

I just want to make sure that they don't get ripped off with the prices as I don't think they bother shopping around to compare prices. They will tell my wife the price quoted before they order, I just want something to compare it with.

Sorry but I do not know their prices. However, the flat-looking Prestige and Neustile are sealing the roof better with less risk for water leakage than conventional tiles. Both of these types look good IMO. However, CPAC currently have a huge back-log for the Neustile because their only machine for this type broke down last October.

CPAC tile price ranges from about 15 baht for the basic tiles to up in the area of 70 baht for the real elegant, new styles. The associated hardware that is needed to do a professional install is also not cheap.

The Centurion and Elabana are the bottom line basic tiles and the Contrazz and Neoclass are the top of the line. The Elabana is a nice tile for about 18 baht I think plus the cost of the ridge caps and other hardware.

CPAC tile price ranges from about 15 baht for the basic tiles to up in the area of 70 baht for the real elegant, new styles. The associated hardware that is needed to do a professional install is also not cheap.

The Centurion and Elabana are the bottom line basic tiles and the Contrazz and Neoclass are the top of the line. The Elabana is a nice tile for about 18 baht I think plus the cost of the ridge caps and other hardware.

I think to buy Contrazz - Gold Flashed tiles.

They cost 14 - 15 BHT. that will come to circa 22K

I am building a roof of about 140 square meters.

Spend already 34K on the basic iron skeleton.

Now must buy the iron on which the tiles rest. Bought from CPAC that adds 20K.

Foil 8K etc.. All together might sum up to 90K on material only!!!!!!

And now I have to decide what to do with the ridge.

CPAC has a verey extremely expensive (10K?) ridge solution for ventilation. I have my doubts about the ventilation effect.

My builder plans to just finish al the ridges with common ridge tiles fixed with cement. This is the cheapest and common use here in Isaan.

I have planned triangle air gaps 0.6 meter high and about 3.5 meter at the base (=circa one sq.meter) on each end of the top ridge of 7.5 meter wide (4.5meter up). Hope this will do the cooling trick. with vertical wooden spills to support a mesh. Not put common small louvre there which blocks the hot air.

The alu foil will go up except the last two rows on top (and except the bottom row).

Does anybody have good experience this way?

What will ventilators on sun power cost?

• 2 months later...
My mother in Law has just bought 2500 CPAC Elabana tiles for 11.5 baht each

excellent choise, and I disagree in another poster saying Prestige leaks less. Prestige leaks more in our neighborhood, and are double or more the price

Thanks

I think she got a really good price

Is cement the only solution to securing ridge tiles? I'm looking for a roofing solution that doesn't need cement (or wood).

Terracotta tiles are an option and indeed a beautiful one. These ceramic roof tiles are also much lighter than the heavy concrete ones.

Is cement the only solution to securing ridge tiles? I'm looking for a roofing solution that doesn't need cement (or wood).

CPAC Monier dry system.

Sika rolls 10meter by 30 cm at approx 2k baht each. flexible, waterproof and UV proof. easy to install

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Can you tell me what are the cheapest roof panel sold in Thailand and how much hit cost (not tiling, but large (cement? Synthetic?) panels that I don't know how to call.

The mettalic structure is not dense enough to put "tiling" so the roof should be replaced with the same kind of panels as previously installed.

Thanks for help.

It's pretty cheap. The kind you are talking about run around 40-70 baht per panel if memory serves me right from walking by the panels when walking into some hardware stores. You can buy them at hardware stores like HomeMart, HomePro, Global House, and may roofing stories. It's pretty light, comes in many colors, easy/quick to install, and will last many decades.

How much of a difference do the CPAC roof tile make over the ones I have that are 30 years old?

Will there be a significant difference insulation wise to keep my house cool?

I am currently under construction and have a choice to either replace or keep the older ones that are in decent condition.

thanks in advanced.

How much of a difference do the CPAC roof tile make over the ones I have that are 30 years old?

Will there be a significant difference insulation wise to keep my house cool?

I am currently under construction and have a choice to either replace or keep the older ones that are in decent condition.

thanks in advanced.

Also wondering if this tile is heavy as my roof support structure doesn't seem it would be able to hold this much weight.

I am guessing here but I think I have the synthethic roof sheeting but again my roof is 30 yrs old, did they have this back then?