Lost My Thai Driving Licence!

ashacat

Hi,

I lost my Thai 5 year driving licence last week :)

Does anyone know how to go about getting a replacement? Do they keep records so I can just go down with my passprt and get a new one? or do I have to do all the stupid tests again?...

Also how much does it cost?

Thanks!!

AFAIK, you have to report it lost at the police station first, then you can get one re-issued at the driving license place (forgot the name, sorry). I'm quite sure they use your passport number in lieu of an ID card number, so can be traced with that.

Totster :)

Sometime ago I had my handbag stolen complete with wallet containing my licence. I then had to go to the Police Station to report the theft and get a written report from them to take to the licencing office together with a form from Immigration requesting a new licence.

I didn't have to take any tests and I think the cost was around 400 - 500 baht.

But this was about 3 years ago, so as often happens, things may have changed. But I would think a form from Immigration will still be required.

Hope this helps

FYI; I obtained a new licence this morning. Very simple, just needed a police report, passport and 205 Baht. They did ask if the transport office where I origianlly applied was the same one I went to today (which it was) so be careful as you may need to go to the same place where you had the original issued.

• 8 months later...

Has anyone ever tried replacing a lost license from a different transport office than the one it was issued? I have since moved and now lost my 5 year license!

Different province still just do the same as has been advised already, they can ring your previous Province licence issuing office.

And always keep a copy makes life a lot easier, copy every bloody thing passport, credit cards, everthing. :rolleyes: