Burglaries In Bangrak

A friend of mine and two other houses were burgled in Grandma's bungalows in Bangrak last night.

Items stolen include a Dell laptop, Guitar, binoculars Canon camera, Thai bank debit cards and cash.

It would seem the burglaries all took place around 8.30 - 9.00 pm.

Police attended and statements taken, and although I think unlikely, if anyone is offered any of these items, please get as much information as possible and pm me.

ouch, that's nervously close to my house :) Thanks for the heads up. Thankfully most our valuables go back & forward with us to the shop but it's a reminder to step up the home security none the less.

Whilst not as serious as a break in to your house, this last weekend we had a full bunch of bananas taken from a tree in our garden and this morning a Thai lady we know, also in Bangrak, told us she had lost half a dozen ripe Jackfruit from a tree on her land over the weekend. A different level of theft I know, but still theft. Creeps.

Whilst not as serious as a break in to your house, this last weekend we had a full bunch of bananas taken from a tree in our garden and this morning a Thai lady we know, also in Bangrak, told us she had lost half a dozen ripe Jackfruit from a tree on her land over the weekend. A different level of theft I know, but still theft. Creeps.

Fruit theives. Blimey! better hide my wife's melons :)

I was burgled a couple of years ago. Then I got a dog from the Rescue Centre and, at night, I keep her on a long chain on my balcony. She's a softie but quite big, which is a good deterrent. No problems since then!

Might be a good idea for you? :)

I have two dogs as well, also soft, but can bark when they want to.

It's the wife if she should be in that they need to be afraid of!!! (I am).

I was burgled a couple of years ago. Then I got a dog from the Rescue Centre and, at night, I keep her on a long chain on my balcony. She's a softie but quite big, which is a good deterrent. No problems since then!

Might be a good idea for you? :D

I have two dogs as well, also soft, but can bark when they want to.

It's the wife if she should be in that they need to be afraid of!!! (I am).

:):D

I am suspicious of people coming on to my land uninvited. walking buffaloes. cutting grass to fee buffaloes. or just dosing. I have been broken into before. and i know that their have the how under surveillance. so when u have been broken into normally they have been watching for a few months before. sometimes they dress as labours. i caught some on my cctv before. they were dress as labourer. just going around looking for work.

i don't let anyone on my land now. have signs everywhere so they have been warned. face the consequences if they put there feet on the wrong bit of soil. it that banana might just explode. som nomb :) nar

I am suspicious of people coming on to my land uninvited. walking buffaloes. cutting grass to fee buffaloes. or just dosing. I have been broken into before. and i know that their have the how under surveillance. so when u have been broken into normally they have been watching for a few months before. sometimes they dress as labours. i caught some on my cctv before. they were dress as labourer. just going around looking for work.

i don't let anyone on my land now. have signs everywhere so they have been warned. face the consequences if they put there feet on the wrong bit of soil. it that banana might just explode. som nomb :) nar

must admit sometimes i don't even understand myself.

Hi @ all,

my I use this posting to ask a question how you take care of the security issue. I am planning to built a house on Bobphut Hill and the big question would be is it a neccessity to have a Thai couple living in there for security puroses or is there other ways and means to have the property secured if not there most of the time and only have it rented out here and there?

Fruit theives. Blimey! better hide my wife's melons :)

Obviously she's not Thai!! :D

Hi @ all,

my I use this posting to ask a question how you take care of the security issue. I am planning to built a house on Bobphut Hill and the big question would be is it a neccessity to have a Thai couple living in there for security puroses or is there other ways and means to have the property secured if not there most of the time and only have it rented out here and there?

Before you build, read this thread.

Sleepless-Nights-Bohpud-and-Gecko

Hi @ all,

Before you build, read this thread.

Sleepless-Nights-Bohpud-and-Gecko

why u need a thai couple for security reasons. Are u going to pay them to stay there or let them life there for free. if so i am not thai but my bird is we are a couple can we live there. if u r going to pay them u would be better off with a night guard about 6k per month. hope fully one that doesn't sleep al night or u can pay the police think the going rate is about 2 k per month. they do sweeps round the house every few hrs. and sign in the book each time. problem is ( no affence to thai people) if u let them live there for free. then ask them to move they might have difficulty as they would have to just pack up and go and not know when the are going to be moved on. In my case i let a thai couple move in for free to watch my place. came back a week later they had a baby a granny and a small dog running about. was not happy

I have read that posting about GECKO but I cannot make out where exactly it is located. Can somebody give me the google coordinates or a proper google link so I can have a look.

Well if you do not pay the couple I may end up like you ended up :-). I had the impression that if you want to make sure you hire a couple that you pay and that lives there and also of course does the maintenance, garden etc. However if there is a better and cheaper way I am open for suggestions. Police does go around several times a dy? Is this sort of official, so you pay them officially and the come and sign a book? Sounds a good way for me if I understand right? Anyone any experience with that sort of thing?

I have read that posting about GECKO but I cannot make out where exactly it is located. Can somebody give me the google coordinates or a proper google link so I can have a look.

Well if you do not pay the couple I may end up like you ended up :-). I had the impression that if you want to make sure you hire a couple that you pay and that lives there and also of course does the maintenance, garden etc. However if there is a better and cheaper way I am open for suggestions. Police does go around several times a dy? Is this sort of official, so you pay them officially and the come and sign a book? Sounds a good way for me if I understand right? Anyone any experience with that sort of thing?

gecko bar is near Bohpyt Hill golf coarse in bophut. comeing from chaweng about 300 meters after tesco lotus. actually it is the 2 roads opposit Big C. it is a cresent shaped road called soi monkey. follow the signs after you go dow the soi. there is a family mart on the corner.

seriously. good luck if u can find a realiable thai couple. better off with a proper security guard. oh yes. the number 1 thing inssurence. and take pictures of all your stuff. i am inssurenced for up to 500 k. well i was havent renewd it yet.

Not sure how covered u r if u get burgled with a guard on the door. there must ne something in the contract to gurantee that you will not be broken in to o rthe guard could easily do it. have to look into it yourself. if so let me know i wouldbe interested. As for a thai couple. good luck ! the fact that they were living in my house for free is enough of a payment and they had jobs aswelll and free electric.

people are people some take the piss some don't

Bophut Hill consists of several Hills really, to understand where this GECKO ist I need a position so I can see where my land is.

You are better of coming in from the entrance closest to Bophut lights.Go down soi monkey, past Mind your language school, turn right onto dirt road. Signs for Bophut hills golf club, Khao Phra resort.Follow dirt road, till small shop on left,turn right onto concrete road.Follow that till you pass Bophut Hills golf club, keep driving a couple of hundred meters, it's on your right hand side.

Bophut Hill consists of several Hills really, to understand where this GECKO ist I need a position so I can see where my land is.

You will not see it on Google map, they are out of date.

I understand that but wat is the place or the coordinates? Does it help if I sent you my coordinates to put it in proportion via PM?

Samui doesn't really have maps. Or at least maps that are either up to date or accurate. Asking for coordinates is ambitious. :) And anyway, with the terrain and trees etc, I doubt they would help you. Best to visit your land yourself?

I understand that but wat is the place or the coordinates? Does it help if I sent you my coordinates to put it in proportion via PM?

Samui doesn't really have maps. Or at least maps that are either up to date or accurate. Asking for coordinates is ambitious. :D And anyway, with the terrain and trees etc, I doubt they would help you. Best to visit your land yourself?

Any geek with a gadget can send him the coords. Example take a picture with the iPhone, the GPS coordinates will be in the image, send to OP or post here, done. Just need to go there with a GPS, that's all.

I am not in Samui ATM or I would do it for you :)

Look what I found navigating through the garbage Flash site of the Gecko bar (further proof that Flash should be banned from the web. The effects get old after 3 seconds. The information content is minimal. The site is extremely slow to use):

http://www.geckosamui.com/map.htm

It's a Flash map (of course!) but click on the "Auto Locator" for the Gecko bar to see where it is

Edited by nikster

as I said I can make out my land spot on on google, so if I have google coordinates I can make out where it is. My land is left of the 2 white buildings on the hill that you can see from the main street and above those 2 white buildings there is another building being built or finished by now. Sounds as if I look at Gecko it and that it is about 1 km away facing me?

as I said I can make out my land spot on on google, so if I have google coordinates I can make out where it is. My land is left of the 2 white buildings on the hill that you can see from the main street and above those 2 white buildings there is another building being built or finished by now. Sounds as if I look at Gecko it and that it is about 1 km away facing me?

With all due respect , you have now highacked this thread.Your land can be found on your own topic.

With all due respect , you have now highacked this thread.Your land can be found on your own topic.

agreed what has google land coordinates got to do with burglerys. either this 1 is a wind up or you have baffled to the hel_l out of me