Parking At Bangbao Pier

adad

Booked a room at the BangBao Sea Hut during the Chinese New Year next week.

I will be driving down to Koh Chang and wonder if I made a mistake by staying at this place as I discovered on google maps that this establishment is placed right at the end of a narrow pier !

Does anyone know what parking options would I have around this area, is it generally safe to park here, and how long is the walk down the pier to this resort?

Thanks.

I was few times in the neighbour resort Grand Lagoona with guard and and is quiet and safe. I guess the risk is minimal because at the end of Koh Chang, a thief to escape shall take whole road back, to risky for him :) Koh Chang as I know was always safe

Edited by challenger99

No one will steal your car. But you'll probbaly have to pay to park it unless the Sea Huts have a deal with the owner. It's about 350 metres walk from the car park to the sea huts. Cant drive down the pier and not supposed to ride motorbikes down it either - but lazy locals and dive shop emplyees tend to do so.

I was few times in the neighbour resort Grand Lagoona with guard and and is quiet and safe. I guess the risk is minimal because at the end of Koh Chang, a thief to escape shall take whole road back, to risky for him :) Koh Chang as I know was always safe

You must not have been here for a while. Motorcycle thefts are on the increase (I know of 3 last week alone) and getting a vehicle off the island is NOT a problem.

• 1 month later...
I was few times in the neighbour resort Grand Lagoona with guard and and is quiet and safe. I guess the risk is minimal because at the end of Koh Chang, a thief to escape shall take whole road back, to risky for him :D Koh Chang as I know was always safe

You must not have been here for a while. Motorcycle thefts are on the increase (I know of 3 last week alone) and getting a vehicle off the island is NOT a problem.

Rubbish, a bike get's stolen from time to time from any where on the Island. As far as parking goes there is a new parking area where you are talking about and it's quite safe. However you will have to pay the area owner a parking fee for the spot and they look after the car. :)