Reliable Isp

tt61

Hi,

I am moving to Pattaya/Jomtien shortly and in my line of occupation I need access to a fast and reliable Internet connection (ADSL or true broadband), preferably with a company whose customer support is worth the name. What would the monthly costs be approximately?

Also it would be nice if you have any idea as to the level of domain blocking/censorship each of these providers have. I can of course go through a proxy server but as it adds to download times I would prefer a more liberal ISP.

Thanks

You need a broadband connection and a liberal ISP in the line of your occupation. May I ask you which 'occupation' you hold?

Furthermore, did you ever think that ISPs like to censor their clients? No of course not. This is done because the government demands it from them.

So no liberal ISPs. Back to the proxy server I guess ....

Reliable ISP in Thailand? Forget it! None of the ISP's are reliable, all are slow and all regularly stop work for shorter or longer periods. It's the one part where Thailand is still in the stoneage and it's unlikely to ever change until Toxin liberates Thai Telecoms ... which probably won't happen until pigs fly.

Hi again,

Thanks for your replies. Ok understood that there are no reliable ISP's, but could you then give me a hint as to the ISP which is least bad in terms of cuts, cost and customer service?

I realise that it is the government that commands domain blocks, but on my numerous trips to various Internet cafes in LOS I have yet to see two who block exactly the same domains. This leads me to believe that different ISP's adhere differently to the governments policies. For example in one cyber cafe I went to a URL and got the loxinfo's thai police URL. In others the site opens just fine. Please correct me if I am wrong. What I would like is if any of you know which ISP are more liberal in this domain blocking approach.

Thanks

I had since half a year IPStar and it did not block anything, but it is expensive and slow.

For the other services I think it depends also on luck and location. For example my true works perfect, while other people have big problems with it.

Hi again,

Thanks for your replies. Ok understood that there are no reliable ISP's, but could you then give me a hint as to the ISP which is least bad in terms of cuts, cost and customer service?

I realise that it is the government that commands domain blocks, but on my numerous trips to various Internet cafes in LOS I have yet to see two who block exactly the same domains. This leads me to believe that different ISP's adhere differently to the governments policies. For example in one cyber cafe I went to a URL and got the loxinfo's thai police URL. In others the site opens just fine. Please correct me if I am wrong. What I would like is if any of you know which ISP are more liberal in this domain blocking approach.

Thanks