Could Someone Help With A Few Questions

I am in Thailand at the moment, im from the UK. What i wanted to know was about visa extentions. Firstly i know there is a fiance visa for people to the UK i was wondering if there is a simular one if i were to be planning to marry a thai whilst here.

Further to this, if i have found work, but at the moment am on a tourist visa, what is the best way to go about getting a visa for work. Would i need to leave first to apply with documentation from the employer? where is normally best Singapore?

If someone could get back to me id be very grateful, as im a little lost as to how to go about things.

p.s i understand in many cases the employer would understand what forms etc i need, but in this case could we asume they do not.

No Visas or Extensions of stay for having a girlfriend.

You cannot work with a Tourist Visa. You need a Work Permit and a Non Imm Visa.

If you find a job you have to apply for a Work Permit at the labour office.

With the application receipt you go to a Thai Consulate in another country and apply for a Non Imm B Visa. Your employer would need to supply paperwork.

Armed with the Visa you can then go and collect your Work Permit.

Thank you for the help. I hadnt started work yet, i was aware thankfully that i need a work permit first. Does applying for the work permit cost? Id asume taking the application receipt and applying for the non imm B should be simple enough. I hope all goes well. Many thanks

Work permit fees are 750 Baht per quarter (3 months) or 3,000 Baht for the year plus administration fee (recently gone/going up from 100 baht to 600 baht). Note further changes may be forthcoming to work permit regulations/fees with expected imminent amendments to the Foreign Business Act.

Thank you for the help. I hadnt started work yet, i was aware thankfully that i need a work permit first. Does applying for the work permit cost? Id asume taking the application receipt and applying for the non imm B should be simple enough. I hope all goes well. Many thanks

As well as the WP receipt, you need a whole slew of company documents as well, usually about an inch thick...If all your paper work is ok...Singapore is pretty efficient for the non-imm B.

This link provides details of the documents that are required to obtain Non-B visa in the region. As said, you will need to obtain Form WP3 receipt from local labour office and will need to take that to the consulate abroad together with company/employment papers. Will be single entry visa first time around, but can obtain multiple entry visa later when work permit is available (or alternatively obtain extension of stay based on employment from Thai immigration if you meet the requirements). KL would be a good place to go. At Singapore the requirements can change quickly, and often without notice.

EDIT:

Having re-read your post, and seeing as you are in the UK, would strongly recommend that you obtain multiple entry Non-O visa from consulate in Hull before travelling on the basis of visiting friends. Current consulate paperwork requirements are passport, completed application form, recent passport sized photo and fee. You will get 90 day permission to stay on entry, and will have to do border runs every 90 days. Do a final border run before your visa expires to stretch your stay to 15 months. You cannot obtain this visa in the Asia region, but can use it (like Non-B visa) to support work permit application without the need to obtain new visa from abroad.

Hull consulate: http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/