Cancel Work Permit

hondajazz

Hi. I would like to have some advice after cancel my WP. I have a Thai registered company with two other thai person, me, my gf and other person and I am the only MD name on the certificate. After registered everything with VAT and registered address things didn't go well with the business, I decide to cancel my work permit with single non-B (not extension) and not paying rental office anymore by end of the month. What do I need to inform the labour department about my cancellation of my WP, do I have to return the expiring WP? Will the MD be automatic change to my gf name as she is only major shareholder? I have stop paying social to other worker except my gf. I am not sure what I am going to do with this company, I would either let it sleep, close or sell it to someone else? Although I would like to keep but I will have to pay social security etc, if letting it sleep what is the procedure. If need to transfer to my gf what is the procedure and what other fee she need to pay? I see from thaivisa closing down could cost a lot. I will still come to LOS but with different visa. Hope to give some advice. Thank you. :)

James

Yas, you do have to give your work permit back to the labour office.

I believe that when you cancel your work permit you will be given 7 days to leave Thailand. Check it out before you cancel

If you close the company you will need to pay for an audit plus any taxes before closing the company. Expect to pay about 45,000 to 50,000 Bt.

If you can find someone who wants to open a company just give it to them, pay about 10,000 Bt to change the director's name.

you actually have to cancel your non-immi B the SAME day you cancel the WP. THEN you must apply for the 7 days extension to stay in Thailand another ..well...7 days. This is a separate process.

For closing the company check out some accountants/lawyers. I paid for a sleeping company (i.e. no transactions in over a year) 25,000.