Uk Tourist Visa Criteria

Im in the process of gathering information together in the hope of applying for a successful UK Tourist Visa for my Thai GF.

I gather one of the criteria that needs to satisified is :

- This is a genuine visit for a genuine purpose.

We have been together for one year where we first met back in January 2009 at her place of work (Not a bar). We spent 3 weeks together before I returned to Europe (No phone call evidence, used a pay as you go sim). I then returned to Thailand in April 2009 where we stayed together until October 2009 and then returned to England. I then cam back to Thailand Mid December 2009 where we stayed together until last week.

The only evidence I have is an airline e-ticket with our names on it where we travelled to Malaysia for a VISA run May 2009 and stamps on our passports, a dozen or more photographs of us together (which have no indications of dates, but they con tain date information within the jpeg) and a dozen or more emails on various dates throughout the year of the relationship and some SMS messages. I may also be able to access a phone bill during the period of October 2009 - Dec 2009 with a low rate number for calling Thailand, this will not contain her mobile number as its a pre dialling number.

Various people can testify to then authenticity of the relationship, but I guess you would need a written letter from someone in authority?

Im not sure if this will be enough to display that our relationship is genuine?

Cheers for your inout.

Outline your history together as you have above.

The stamps in your passport will show how often and for how long you have been in Thailand and the same in her passport will show that you both left and returned to Thailand at the same time, but it's worth including the tickets too as you have them.

The embassy don't accept photos in electronic formats, so print them out. If you can get the time and date included on the print, great; if not, don't worry too much.

Print out the e-mail headers, but there's no need for the content; that's private between the two of you.

Say that you also use SMS messaging, but as your mobiles are PAYG you have no record of these.

Explain in your sponsors letter that you call her from the UK via an international access number, and enclose phone records to show how often you call that number. If you don't have these records, say why. The ECOs see this often; it is the cheapest way of calling, after all.

I wouldn't bother with affidavits from third parties; these are too easily forged to carry much weight with the ECO.

A 13 month relationship, of which you've spent about 7 months together. I don't see much problem on the relationship front; but you may want to tell the ECO why you were able to spend so much time in Thailand.

You will need more evidence in hard copy, simply stating you stayed together will not be enough as they hear it all the time.

You need to get as much info as possible and then apply, I would say if you cannot get the info do not apply as a refusal will be kept on record and you will not receive a refund.

If it takes time to build the evidence then it is a good idea to build it, I reckon many people apply to 'try their luck' but a refusal isn't good.

Good luck to you.

You will need more evidence in hard copy, simply stating you stayed together will not be enough as they hear it all the time.

Good luck to you.

I managed to print the photos with date stamps.

Why do you not think there is not enough evidence, what do I require more of??? I wont be simply stating we've been together for one year, I will support this with the material I mentioned. I know I dont have masses of material, but there is enough to show that we were together throughout the year. - no??

As long as you mention all these things in your covering letter with supporting docs you should be okay on the relationship (esp as you will have identical stamps in your passports from the May trip). However, you will have to outline and prove your work or how you get your income and also how this relates to your stay in Thailand and what reasons the Thai girl has for coming back (also affected by how long she wants to stay in the UK if she has a job in Thailand to come back to). If you yourself have a good reason to come back to Thailand (job offer, retirement...) this will also help convince the embassy that the Thai lady will come back as well...

From Supporting documents

You should include original documents, particularly those relating to birth, marriage, divorce and death. If you are not able to include originals of these then you should send attested copies. You should submit original documents with a photocopy of each original document. If you do not include photocopies of original documents, your original documents may not be returned to you.

BTW, please do not start a new topic each time you have a new question. I have merged the topic you started to ask the above question with your other current topic concernng UK visit visas.

• 4 weeks later...
However, you will have to outline and prove your work or how you get your income and also how this relates to your stay in Thailand and what reasons the Thai girl has for coming back (also affected by how long she wants to stay in the UK if she has a job in Thailand to come back to).
A 13 month relationship, of which you've spent about 7 months together. I don't see much problem on the relationship front; but you may want to tell the ECO why you were able to spend so much time in Thailand.

Is this necessary? Isnt the application about my partner and not me??

I have explained how I work freelance and work dried up towards the end of Dec 2008 and this gave me an opportunity to spend some time in Thailand. Do I need to show Employment contracts and bank statements???

I have explained how I work freelance and work dried up towards the end of Dec 2008 and this gave me an opportunity to spend some time in Thailand. Do I need to show Employment contracts and bank statements???

yes, the application is your partners but if she is applying for a visa to spend time in the UK she will need to convince the ECO it js reasonable to do so.

If you are sponsoring her and paying her expenses then it you will need to provide bank statements to prove that it's affordable for you to do so. If she is paying for the trip herself then it is not neccessary for you to provide financial details, but she will need to to prove that the trip is affordable to her.

yes, the application is your partners but if she is applying for a visa to spend time in the UK she will need to convince the ECO it js reasonable to do so.

If you are sponsoring her and paying her expenses then it you will need to provide bank statements to prove that it's affordable for you to do so. If she is paying for the trip herself then it is not neccessary for you to provide financial details, but she will need to to prove that the trip is affordable to her.

Yes Im sponsoring her and will show in the application I am able to do so. This will mean providing proof of my current financial affairs, possibly back 6 months.

The length of time I spent in Thailand was the earlier part of 2009 and was able to fund this by my freelance work on the continent. These are two seperate issues arent they?

I just wondered if proving how was able to fund my time in Thailand was really necessary?

1 - Yes Im sponsoring her and will show in the application I am able to do so. This will mean providing proof of my current financial affairs, possibly back 6 months.

2 - I just wondered if proving how was able to fund my time in Thailand was really necessary?

1 - That's all you need to do, it's your current financial position they will be intererested in, and of course that it's appropriate for you to be a sponsor.

2 - I wouldn't have thought so.

1 - Yes Im sponsoring her and will show in the application I am able to do so. This will mean providing proof of my current financial affairs, possibly back 6 months.

2 - I just wondered if proving how was able to fund my time in Thailand was really necessary?

1 - That's all you need to do, it's your current financial position they will be intererested in, and of course that it's appropriate for you to be a sponsor.

2 - I wouldn't have thought so.

Regarding Item 1 above, I'm not sure this is always sufficient information for the application.

I live as a retired person with my Thai schoolteacher WIFE in Thailand and she recently had her VV Application for her first visiit to UK refused.

The Application made it clear we would be making the trip together and that I would be sponsoring the costs of her visit IN FULL. Bank details for 6 months were included with the application.

The refusal was based on the ECO doubting that she would have full access to the funds (whatever that means) and not believing that the bank details showed the full extent of my wealth (they did, but on what grounds did they question that?). Since I was sponsoring her fully, I do not see the relevance of her own financial situation but lack of clarity there was another reason for refusal. The end result was that they believed she would not return to Thailand at the end of the visit despite having been a teacher for 30+ years with a good teaching position to return to, 2 sons who will marry soon and significant property.

The application only appears to request proof of adequate funding for the visit - my account showed about 2 million baht - but it seems they want far more in reality, such as a full financial background of both parties for 6 months.

We could have appealed the decision or asked for a review but the time period for our visit - school holiday time - did not allow for this or for date flexibility.

So my recommendation would be to provide as much financial information as you can and also to emphasise the reasons to return to Thailand.

• 3 weeks later...
The application only appears to request proof of adequate funding for the visit - my account showed about 2 million baht - but it seems they want far more in reality, such as a full financial background of both parties for 6 months.

I know a girl who didn't have a pot to piss in...her bf didn't have much more.

She got a Visit Visa.

RAZZ